Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
seconding that. The netflix show is the only time I've been able to comprehend how the playoffs work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
which drivers are assholes and which are good to like?

so far i have enjoyed: bubba, chastain (is he the guy that did the video game move against the wall last year?), reddick, and byron

denny hamlin is an obvious douchebag and ryan blaney seems like a real hothead! also not a logano fan i think

when i was a kid rusty wallace was my favorite driver because i thought the MGD car looked cool as hell but that was probably the last time i watched nascar until last year

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

kidcoelacanth posted:

genuinely the answer is to just watch and pick for yourself, you're never going to get a straight answer from a bunch of dipshits on an internet forum. seems like you're already got a good idea of who you like and don't

yeah i recognize this as the truth, but i've been following f1 for several years now and internet dipshits are a load bearing part of the sport so i thought i'd see how the nascar world works :cool:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
crazy stuff, fun watch

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
not trolling, just interested as a new fan that hasn't watched since back when it was the winston cup:

what should that race have looked like? what changes has nascar made that negatively affected the style of racing? i assume there's a push to create a spectacle for tv, with lots of crashes and such?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

kidcoelacanth posted:

to put it simply, atlanta used to be a normal 1.5-mile intermediate track (with all the good and bad that comes with), and a couple of years ago they added a shitload of banking to basically turn it into a mini-daytona/talladega, which rely on pack/draft racing

if you tune into vegas next weekend, that's what a more standard nascar race looks like. the pack racing is not the norm

this makes sense, thanks. i also watch bicycle racing sometimes so its kind of interesting to see similar racing with packs drafting off of each other but instead it's cars going 190mph, but it does seem really dependent on someone eventually loving up and sliding through the pack

i'm definitely looking forward to watching next weekend, it's cool to see actual racing happening vs f1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

big nipples big life posted:

Can you land a plane on the back stretch at road atlanta?

you sure can. maybe even well, some day

https://i.imgur.com/H5sMR5x.mp4