Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

It's that time of year to get unreasonably excited about Daytona and then just have your dreams crushed to pieces shortly after.

It'll be different this season, though. NASCAR really loves me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

That sucked.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Cactus Ghost posted:

ok but did you say the n word

Up Up Gas Gas Left Left Left Left N***** Brake Apologize is the cheat code. Gets you all those sweet achievements and a kick rear end car.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I think I see your problem there.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

They look like Super Soakers covered in paint thrown at a wall.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

More attitude than talent.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

That was the dumbest 500 in a while. Coverage, car, racing, finish.

That was trash.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Modulo16 posted:

Are you guys going to be like the F1 fanbase and hate on the new fans that the show brings in?

Thankfully, I was able to understand NASCAR a bit more and how it all works thanks to the show. I’m looking forward to jumping in.

Go gently caress yourself, new person. :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Lot of people are really divided on Ross but if you like a guy willing to make dumb decisions and race everyone around him like it is the last lap every lap he's your guy. Larson is similar but he gets a lot of poo poo here for some pretty crappy behavior online a while back. Personally I like them both.

Bubba is a very charismatic and likeable driver but he's hard on fans because he kind of sucks. Lots of almosts and could have beens with him but he seems like a legit great dude.

Reddick is kind of a low key rear end in a top hat of a driver, he stays pretty well under the radar mostly but he won't hesitate to stand up for himself on track even if it pisses people off.

Logano and Hamlin, as painful as it is to say, kind of represent an older guard of driver these days. They've both seen and done it all and really don't have any patience or tolerance for bullshit. Logano is also one of the funnier interviews out there.

Blaney should be everyone's answer for a new driver. He's a very talented driver from a racing family, born in NC, hilarious interviews and just generally getting poo poo done here in the last two years. He can also grow one of the most amazing mullet/mustache combos in the garage, probably only second to SASCAR thread favorite Stenhouse (otherwise known as Wrecky Shithouse, Breakfast Steakhouse, that rear end in a top hat, and Danica's ex-boyfriend).

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

FLAP YOUR WINGS BABY JOEY

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

A whole heck of a lot of my motorsports watching has migrated to YouTube lately. There is a bunch of great road/grand prix racing and drag racing footage out and about now. We watched this years Lightning Lap footage from VIR last night and it was just right for wind down car noises. Also worth watching to see them let a nice sport bike make a rip and holy poo poo they brake late compared to what I'm used to up there.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'll edit a few links in here in a few. I'm always really annoyed that they keep it so locked down when they do the testing but running that grand course they'd end up killing someone walking on the wrong part of the track. They had one of the cars around 150 mph on a part of the track that's normally pedestrian and ATVs. :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Did someone say explosions and titties?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Fingers crossed for sweet Amazon 4K NASCARS on muh tee vee.

With Junyer and Letarte :swoon:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

an American F1 announcer

Turn left Ayrton noooooooooo

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I, for one, welcome the Dark Denny.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

*checks notes*

...alongside such critical successes as the leftovers from The WB.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Be a shame to make us wait if we don't want to.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Lame.

Edit: Joey and Kyle too, poo poo. Forgot about that.

mischief fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I don't think SRA has a promising wrasslin' career in the cards.