Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair band of brothers isn't perfect, the strength of the episode depends on the strength of the subject. Famously it goes from Dick Winters the super Charismatic Leader to Blithe the guy who dies but didn't actually die in real life which makes the third episode somewhat of a buzz kill.

None of the masters of the air episodes have felt like they are about anything just a collection of anecdotes from the war. Hopefully it ties together.

Still enjoying it though, but that's just my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
BBC make Len Deighton's Bomber challenge.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Good episode, still I had trouble identifying who some people were that weren't Buck and Bucky but I'll get used to it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not as good as last time, but it would be a real great twist If all the big stars get shot down

I think by comparison, this episode did a lot of the same stuff as the Winters leads the attack on the crossroads/then goes to Paris and PTSDs a bunch, with the difference that that episode was only half on the home front and half in combat, where as they went for the whole episode being on the home front which didn't feel as good.

Also them Just teleporting back to England felt a bit off as we've seen them fly everywhere else.

Cojawfee posted:

It felt like the Apollo 13 episode of From The Earth To the Moon except at least there was an Apollo 13 movie you can watch to see what happened.

But this is it yeah.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They should have had him ask for 3 whiskeys with his thumb.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arc Hammer posted:

Joe he don't even drink! drat Quakers...

"Shut your loving trap, Gonorrhea"

"He's alright, that kid"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eau de MacGowan posted:

its remarkable how much better this show is when its Hunks Having a Bad Time in Planes and not Hunks Having Feelings on the Ground

which looks like what we're getting next week

Lol came here to post this.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah inverted flight with a Mk1 spit or a hurricane is a good way starve your engine and crash. When James Cosmo's character does an aileron roll at the very start of Battle of Britain you can actually hear the engine sputter and burp some black smoke after it goes inverted. It's no wonder Christopher Plummer immediately chews him out.

You can teach monkeys to fly better than that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Show really hit its groove, that's a good episode.

Edit: reminds me that the equivalent episode in Pacific is really good too with Sledge.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 24, 2024

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's just strange they're going to half rear end a james bond story line, and also half assing a resistance storyline, and then half assing a prison storyline. It feels like it would have been better focusing on less people but more thoroughly?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arc Hammer posted:

He was also a child actor in the crappy Lord of the Flies remake from the 90s.

And shot Leo in the Departed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arc Hammer posted:

Stephen Graham, Dexter Fletcher, Andrew Scott, James McAvoy, Donnie Wahlberg, Colin Hanks, Tom Hanks twice...

I never believed the second cameo to be him but I'm no Tom Hanks expert.

Edit the first being the paratrooper in Crossroads, second being the French soldier who shoots the German prisoners?