Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
If you are having problems tasting things you should consider taking a COVID test OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Also isoamyl acetate (primary banana flavor) and vanillin (primary vanilla flavor) are 2 different things

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Or are they? :thunk:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i like wheat beers and hefeweissen but some of the more traditional german ones have that "artifical banana" flavor to them and i find it a bit off putting, even tho i've been told by multiple beer nerds that's the specific flavor that lets you know its a "real" hefeweissen

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I'm baking five loaves of banana bread today. Momma always said you don't need to put vanilla in banana bread. Just sayin.

Whooping Crabs posted:

If you are having problems tasting things you should consider taking a COVID test OP

perfect

TheKub fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 27, 2024

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yet the manager doesn't intervene when I try to blow all my food stamps on banana.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I taught my kid to pronounce it bah-nah-nah and the daycare called to complain because it was catching on

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

People should keep an open mind

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

free hubcaps posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shameful poo poo.

Let the man opine on bananas i say

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I taught my kid to pronounce it bah-nah-nah and the daycare called to complain because it was catching on

How did they want them to pronounce it?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Did you know that the flavors of spearmint and caraway seeds are due to the same molecule, except one is right handed and the other is left handed? :science:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

thank you for probating the OP, bradzilla

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Earwicker posted:

i like wheat beers and hefeweissen but some of the more traditional german ones have that "artifical banana" flavor to them and i find it a bit off putting, even tho i've been told by multiple beer nerds that's the specific flavor that lets you know its a "real" hefeweissen

aventinus! the purple guy

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Earwicker posted:

Or your bartender threw a few Runts into your beer just to be a dick.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How did they want them to pronounce it?

Buh-naa-nuh which is pre-9/11 thinking tbqf

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've been putting my bananas in the fridge and I'm never going back.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
If you freeze your bananas they become ideal for banana bread once thawed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

If you freeze your bananas they become ideal for banana bread once thawed.

When I get them from the store I leave them out for a day or 2, but then into the fridge. They'll look bad - the peels will turn brown.

But the banana itself will last in ok shape for awhile, as compared to left out and its bad in days.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I kinda want to order some of the surviving Gros Michel bananas to see if the flavor is somehow closer to artificial banana flavor but it's like $120 for a bunch.

The fungus that got Big Mike is already coming for the Cavendish and the only defense is to just hope it doesn't. There probably just won't be bananas anymore at some point in our lifetimes.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Sometimes I think I’m the only person on the planet who likes banana Laffy Taffy.

My mom used to eat tons of them when she was undergoing cancer treatment. She quit eating them around the time her sense of taste came back I think.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

The Loin King posted:

Shameful poo poo.

Let the man opine on bananas i say

free free hubcaps

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Buce posted:

great epiphany

YOU IDIOT!!!!

Hey thanks maOH GOD DAMMIT

Big Banana is trying to silence me but I won't stay quiet. The world needs to know about banana and vanilla having similar tastes

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

flubber nuts posted:

free free hubcaps

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bananas kinda suck but they're real good in a bowl of cheerios

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've been eating a lot more bananas lately. I like em!

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Anyone got a kinect for that banana flavor in candy, so I can mix it with a bottle of vanilla and dip a banana in?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
free hubcaps broke big vanilla wide open and his probe proves it

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The OP makes a good case for why you shouldn't smoke, or, if you do smoke, should strongly consider quitting.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I have convincing evidence that bradzilla and several members of the gbs mod team are on the payroll of the Dole Company. I'm genuinely frightened for my saf

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I kinda want to order some of the surviving Gros Michel bananas to see if the flavor is somehow closer to artificial banana flavor but it's like $120 for a bunch.

The fungus that got Big Mike is already coming for the Cavendish and the only defense is to just hope it doesn't. There probably just won't be bananas anymore at some point in our lifetimes.

They'll be gone for a few years and they'll come out with some other variety that is even shittier

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'd eat the gently caress out of some bananas OP but you can't make me call them vanilla you Big Brother rear end motherfucker

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
OP when you say banana do you mean the Cavendish or the Gros Michel variety?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

chocolate flavor is just the absence of banana flavor.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

free hubcaps posted:

smoker's palate

I found the problem

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What happens when smokers get COVID? Do they even notice the loss of taste?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

OP, sticking a banana up your butthole is just a vanilla party trick. get with the times

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
OP I must admit, this thread vexes me.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i was thinking the same thing op

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

OP needs to drink an entire bottle of vanilla extract and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
True story, my ex was such a terrible alcoholic that one time I came home to find my baking cupboard ransacked and all my extracts had been drunk because they contained alcohol and they didn't have the money to buy more alcohol.

I was pretty pissed, because I also came home with the ingredients to bake a cake I wanted to make and then had to go out again.

Ex for a reason.