Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Watched the first four hours before having to call it a night. Wonder if the rain really picked up.

Also that first-lap accident was pretty dumb too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I really appreciated the commentator at first insisting Ferrari was the big brain geniuses for staying out on slicks, then saying they threw the race by coming in when they did instead of continuing to run on slicks, and then eventually getting around to wondering why GTPS were staying on wets after the pit despite many of them just slip sliding off the road all because a lot of the track looking dry.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

I really appreciated the commentator at first insisting Ferrari was the big brain geniuses for staying out on slicks, then saying they threw the race by coming in when they did instead of continuing to run on slicks, and then eventually getting around to wondering why GTPS were staying on wets after the pit despite many of them just slip sliding off the road all because a lot of the track looking dry.

I must admit that the Italian commentators on Eurosport were skeptical at first and spent all the remaining race time nagging about Ferrari loving up.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Truly a Crofty-level performance. I appreciated the monumental resistance of the other commentators to belting him one, although at length one (I imagine through clenched teeth) said that it was the correct call to go on wets in a way that suggested "stop talking about the bloody Ferrari team and the wets" but that only set him off to talking about the GT's instead. At this point only strangulation would have worked.

He's really going to be a pain when Max Verstappen starts driving for WEC. :v:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://youtube.com/shorts/aejKVBUd3jY?si=ht_9k5slD0B_A4hr

It’s a good day for racing shitboxes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Is that what “do the Ricky Bobby” means?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
That was some funny poo poo to watch on the mound in T1, the crowd loved it. It was even better to watch Tony Stewart go from last to first with the crown Vic race then lose it on the last lap. It was truly a thing of beauty to watch him slice through the field, he got the lead within 16 laps and never let go. Coming out of T2 he always got the high line slingshot.

https://youtu.be/bPDUNnwtqV4?si=mLHaFDX6_DwgicHM

Him joining the event was last minute, but I was pretty much the only person there in Tony gear at all.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 4, 2024

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hahah I was up in race control for the whole race. It was such a great spectacle. Like what NASCAR used to be before the money took precedence over racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
2nd round of the ELMS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2AYts4542I