Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Dudley posted:

Ligier doing exactly as well as you'd expect someone enough of a dickhead to put "Blue Lives" on a car would.

Lol thats a bummer, always sucks to be reminded of the prevailing culture of motorsports is a pretty lovely one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Also most IMSA and WEC races get rebroadcast on twitch, easy mode. I think it being free in most of the world means it doesn't get blocked or copyright stricken for whatever reason.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
On one hand it's cool to see WEC get a dedicated game, on the other hand it's from a lovely developer who's actively running out of money and lost their Indy at game license (a good thing imo) from not being able to meet contractual obligations. The game going from a December '24 to a Feb '24 and now a Feb early access release doesn't give me much confidence that it's going to be decent or feel like much more than dlc for rfactor2 which I'm pretty sure is what it's based on.

Fingers crossed though.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Really? I thought it looked fun from the videos I saw. Couple of double apex corners, mix of fast and slow corners, etc.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I thought it seemed like caddy pulled out from CGR and not the other way around, maybe started with two teams to spread the load of the new platform and then consolidated to a single team with two cars and AXR had a better job last season.

Similar to Acura consolidating, I'm curious if that works have happened regardless of MSR cheating or what.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Yeah you can watch via IMSA.tv which has way better commentary and no ad breaks compared to the NBC/Peacock broadcasts.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I really appreciated the commentator at first insisting Ferrari was the big brain geniuses for staying out on slicks, then saying they threw the race by coming in when they did instead of continuing to run on slicks, and then eventually getting around to wondering why GTPS were staying on wets after the pit despite many of them just slip sliding off the road all because a lot of the track looking dry.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
The long safety periods have been a bummer but great racing otherwise, Toyotas can't stay out of their own way. Watching the caddy charge back up has been fun, they have a live stream cockpit cam going for the race which is cool.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
BOP might be playing a part but I think both toyotas have gotten drive throughs and havent been able to capitalize on the restarts. Maybe they'll get a bit of a BOP boost going into Lemans, we'll see. It has been nice to see LMDH cars doing way better this season than last, but Porsche is prob my least favorite manufacturer so its a bummer its them lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I really hope caddy runs two cars next season.