Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

net work error posted:

I hope America does well with the mustang and Corvette gt3 :911: :911: :911: :911:

Well one of them lasted nearly 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Do we think we could remember for even 1 second this is a 24 hour race and not lap 1 turn 1 in a Forza public sprint lobby?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Katherine Legge's accent has reached "Valley girl" after this long in the USA :D

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ligier doing exactly as well as you'd expect someone enough of a dickhead to put "Blue Lives" on a car would.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I used to head out to watch it trackside every year but haven’t been since 2018 when my nephew was born. The Bentleys where good value and I’m sad that they’re gone

It's still legal in GT3 until the end of the year so maybe someone with one in storage will bring it out at some point for a goodbye.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It also has a habit in motorbike racing of producing weird results that are fun but don't tell you much about a season long form guide.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SlowBloke posted:

Lambo and Isotta are the new glick and bykolles/vanwall. Let's be honest and say 17 :)

Tbf, despite starting at the back, the Isotta was on the lead lap after a grand prix worth of time. It's not so far off and it's always easier to make something reliable than quick.... although no-one tell Peugeot that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

First wobble in the golden era, Caddy and Ganassi are splitting after this year although both claim they'll be racing in 2025.

Reading between the lines Ganassi think Caddy are half-arsing it and tbh I agree, with still only 1 car in WEC and not even bothering to hire enough drivers for it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

It sounds like the car in IMSA will go to Action Express, and the rumor is a second WEC car is coming next year. United Autosport might become the team to run them.

Ganassi most likely moving to running GTs for next year, but we’ll see.

Also this weekend is Sebring :toot:

Interesting, because at least in WEC, GT is full and there won't be extra places next year so I wonder who they think they're replacing there.

tater_salad posted:

Yep. Basically imsa.tv is regular broadcast but with the imsa radio announcers. They have some guests and stuff but it's not some NASCAR driver spending a bunch of the race talking about their NASCAR career.

Yeah their guests are more like the president of IMSA or someone like Scott Pruett.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

the rumors were more "GT in IMSA" in fairness.

and I think re: a second Cadillac Hypercar for WEC next year, it sounds like the grid can get bigger - and another factory car would be a reason to expand it. Might get to 40 at this rate :toot:

Yeah they've said there's room for 3 and hypercars will get first go. We're expecting a 2nd Lambo I believe, beyond that it's probably open. I'm sure Porsche will run off a couple of 963s if people want them but it'd be better to have a pair of Caddys and assuming they continue their "Already better than Vanwall" trend, a 2nd Isotta is apparently a possibility.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So far at Sebring we've already had a Ferrari spin across 30 GT3 cars and somehow not take out any of then, a McLaren get stuck behind an SUV and the blue lives matter team continuing their program of being really loving awful at race in more ways than you assumed from the first half of that clause.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

loving HELL!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

For those not watching, the leader 2 minutes ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sebring might have questions to answer about the proximity of the crowd there too.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Maybe they should split the circuit in two.

The Ostenshleife and the Westenscleife if you will.

Build a wall at the karussell perhaps.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The rules screwed them over, I'm glad the altered car still looks unique.

raceday is great but it's massively incomplete, for instance the British Truck Racing championship, an essential for everyone is on this weekend and missing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

British GT irritated me because they decided it was perfectly sensible to put large spoilers for the race in the thumbnail and title of videos that went up seconds after the live stream ended.

So now to watch it I have to figure out how to get straight to their live tab or there's no point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWIiLMFveMo&t=188s

"Oh no"

"Ohno"

"OH NO"

* BLAT *