Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chiefs are going to score 7 points in the super bowl and win it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

just can't be -3 on turnover differential and expect to beat playoff Mahomes

simple as that. nothing related to coaching or injuries. turnovers by Lamar and Flowers.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for a breakdown of what the Chiefs did to completely neuter the Ravens offense. I wonder if it was a fluke that just snowballed or if it's going to be like that Dolphins game a few years ago where suddenly everyone had the kryptonite to make Lamar look human again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's going to be Lions Chiefs and all we're going to hear is how the first game and the last game of the season is the same two teams.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

As soon as we drew the Chiefs I knew there was no way the nfl was letting the Ravens win that game, alas.

The NFL didnt make Zay Flowers fumble or Lamar throw into triple coverage, or the Ravens to never run the ball throughout the game

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The NFL didnt make Zay Flowers fumble or Lamar throw into triple coverage, or the Ravens to never run the ball throughout the game

How do you know

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

sharknado slashfic posted:

As soon as we drew the Chiefs I knew there was no way the nfl was letting the Ravens win that game, alas.

Bad calls were there sure but Baltimore just poo poo the bed unfortunately.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

I can't wait for a breakdown of what the Chiefs did to completely neuter the Ravens offense. I wonder if it was a fluke that just snowballed or if it's going to be like that Dolphins game a few years ago where suddenly everyone had the kryptonite to make Lamar look human again.

I mean its as simple as dominating up front. There isnt really a secret to it. And the Ravens had no answer for it

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wandler20 posted:

It's going to be Lions Chiefs and all we're going to hear is how the first game and the last game of the season is the same two teams.

worth watching that game to see why Toney isn't playing

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I was moving poo poo all day and couldn't watch the game. :mad:

Are Ravens biggest fraud of all?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Chiefs chant is unquestionably awful, but the Ravens seven nations bullshit is still world champion worst.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Kawalimus posted:

I mean its as simple as dominating up front. There isnt really a secret to it. And the Ravens had no answer for it

anyone else would have gotten sacked 6 times, at least lamar is good at getting loose

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Coldforge posted:

Chiefs chant is unquestionably awful, but the Ravens seven nations bullshit is still world champion worst.

it's true

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the two non call dpis, one leading to a red zone pick were pretty brutal. i will choose to ignore the other stuff

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Coldforge posted:

If you do the Seven Nation Army chant, you're a douchebag.

If you do the Chiefs chant, you're a racist douchebag.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

It feels very much like the Ravens lost this game as opposed to the Chiefs winning it. KC just did jack on offense for the second half and yet it felt like they were far more in control.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Lamar is as successful in the postseason as Rex Grossman. Sucks he can't get it done when he's the most fun player in the league to watch

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
When the Ravens got Mandrews and Marlon back while KC lost Willie Gay and Thuney, my confidence wavered a bit, which was foolish because Playoff Pat got an actual defense for once

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

We definitely were not blow-out-good-teams-all year- good even though that somehow happened

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Harbaugh talked about taking the screen away in the second half and they did that. It just didn't put points on the board.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

why did they get spooked out of the run in the 1st quarter

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Android Apocalypse posted:

This is also true

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

Lamar is cool and good and it sucks that the takeaway from this game is going to be a bunch of dipshit First Take level opinions

Defense on both sides absolutely balled out

Yeah, you have to be pretty stupid to think this game means Lamar isn't fantastic. With a healthy Andrews and Keaton Mitchell this would have been a blowout the way the defense played.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

why did they get spooked out of the run in the 1st quarter

God only knows. Same bullshit happened in the Titans game. No idea why Lamar felt the need to try to outduel mahomes

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, you have to be pretty stupid to think this game means Lamar isn't fantastic. With a healthy Andrews and Keaton Mitchell this would have been a blowout the way the defense played.

It means Lamar is very good but no hes no Mahomes and probably not Josh Allen either. And it is very unlikely we will win a championship with him. Not saying we made a mistake signing him. But its the unfortunate truth.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ravens fans (well one anyway) saved from their nightmare scenario of making the Super Bowl

You bastards could have at least tapped the brakes on the chiefs hype train and instead you let Kelce catch like 20 balls lol

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Cavauro posted:

the chiefs are going to score 7 points in the super bowl and win it

Super Bowl LIII

Against Goff again too

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Ravens offensive placalling was straight up confusing.

Last quarter just starting each 1st down by chucking it deep along the sidelines.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Kawalimus posted:

It means Lamar is very good but no hes no Mahomes and probably not Josh Allen either. And it is very unlikely we will win a championship with him. Not saying we made a mistake signing him. But its the unfortunate truth.

Probably at the Baker Mayfield level

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

Lamar is the most fraudulent NFL MVP in history.

He did it twice.

What about Aaron Fraudgers.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

No no, it can’t be racist because the guys nickname was Chief, see

Just uh, ignore all the other stuff

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Probably at the Baker Mayfield level

Above that!!!! Like a B+ level guy but not in the top tier.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lmao Kawalimus is in nirvana right now

Congrats man

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hate the Chiefs so much

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AndrewP posted:

Congrats man

The Ravens are going to announce next week that they signed Harbs to a 10-year extension and he’ll spontaneously combust

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I hate the Chiefs so much

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Lamar caught his own tipped pass and ran it like 10 yards for a first down, it was one of the silliest impressive plays I've ever seen

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

what about Michigan’s Mr. Brightside chant? I think it’s good

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Congrats man

We were absolutely losing to the 49ers in a rematch so if they win i am really relieved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

The Ravens are going to announce next week that they signed Harbs to a 10-year extension and he’ll spontaneously combust

I dont see how you can watch that game and not think the Ravens need someone else in charge