Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

I hate the Chiefs so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

I dont see how you can watch that game and not think the Ravens need someone else in charge

Because I watched all of the other games this season, and the seasons before that too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

People who thought the Lamar-in-playoffs narrative was over after last week, it's going to get so much worse now if anything. Likely 2 MVP years, 1 playoff win total during them, and this was his healthiest (only healthy) year period. Hard to think he'd get a better chance

edit: Also this

Shindragon posted:

loving christ. Please NFC stop them.

. gently caress dynasties forever

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

Because I watched all of the other games this season, and the seasons before that too

Well yeah but in the playoffs when it matters the most weve done the absolute dumbest poo poo three losses in a row.

Pick 6 vs Buffalo

99yd fumble return against the Bengals

This whole game basically.

Yeah I hate the whole playoffs are the only important thing narrative and value the season more than most. But this team has absolutely bumbled away their last three straight playoff losses

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Chris James 2 posted:

People who thought the Lamar-in-playoffs narrative was over after last week, it's going to get so much worse now if anything. Likely 2 MVP years, 1 playoff win total during them, and this was his healthiest (only healthy) year period. Hard to think he'd get a better chance

My 11-yr-old started the game rooting for the Chiefs, because he was scared of the Ravens in the SB because of the Christmas game, but then I told him about Lamar's reputation and he felt bad in the second half and started rooting for the Ravens. Genuinely hate this reputation poo poo for a player like Lamar, he's so good.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have wrongfully doubted Mahomes yet again. This incredibly flawed team in another Super Bowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

edit: Also this

. gently caress dynasties forever

Yep. And I think Lamar himself would admit its warranted

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Kawalimus posted:

I dont see how you can watch that game and not think the Ravens need someone else in charge

Please fire him so the Commanders can pick him up. He probably wouldn't even need to move!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kawalimus posted:

We were absolutely losing to the 49ers in a rematch so if they win i am really relieved

never stop being you, man

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

pro starcraft loser posted:

Please fire him so the Commanders can pick him up. He probably wouldn't even need to move!

Take him! You'll quickly realize how useless he is. He doesnt contribute to gameplans or playcalling AT ALL!!!!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We were absolutely losing to the 49ers in a rematch so if they win i am really relieved

and now you have fresh material to complain about for seven months

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its really funny to watch a hof qb who just cant stop making GBS threads the bed and looks like a fraud to end every season. this man is a roller coaster and I do kinda love it lol

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

fknlo posted:

I have wrongfully doubted Mahomes yet again. This incredibly flawed team in another Super Bowl

Changing to a shorter passing game offense seems to have helped. Announcers kept mentioning how Mahones was never getting sacked, compare that to the poo poo kicking the Bucs defense did against him

Its not nearly as fun or dynamic an offense but now that he has a solid defense I dont know how you stop him

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Well yeah but in the playoffs when it matters the most weve done the absolute dumbest poo poo three losses in a row.

Pick 6 vs Buffalo

99yd fumble return against the Bengals

This whole game basically.

Yeah I hate the whole playoffs are the only important thing narrative and value the season more than most. But this team has absolutely bumbled away their last three straight playoff losses

He has gone farther with Lamar pretty much every year he’s had him. At this rate he will be winning the super secret Triple Super Bowl in 2027

You seem to think that we can just go out there and hire an Andy Reid when there’s only one of him, and he coaches for the other team we just played.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

He has gone farther with Lamar pretty much every year he’s had him. At this rate he will be winning the super secret Triple Super Bowl in 2027

You seem to think that we can just go out there and hire an Andy Reid when there’s only one of him, and he coaches for the other team we just played.

We had a great team this year thats not going to be as good next year. This was our chance and we blew it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We had a great team this year thats not going to be as good next year. This was our chance and we blew it.

Just like 2011

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Just like 2011

That is true and thats what we have to hope for

Again play for the 7th seed.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Just like 2011

:emptyquote:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Brady is the GOAT. If KC wins in two weeks, is Mahomes at worst second?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door—
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door—
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “Fire Harbaugh.”

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Gatts posted:

Tay Tay vs Eminem at the Super Bowl while Usher ushes YEAH YEAH YEAH

At least Kawalimus' Ravens super bowl streak is intact

The Ravens are 0-1 in home conference championship games. What a sad and pathetic failure of a franchise lol

Forever tainted!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

The Ravens are 0-1 in home conference championship games. What a sad and pathetic failure of a franchise lol

Forever tainted!

We're a garbage home playoff team. Nothing to protect

We played a better game(aside from the fumble return) last year on the road with HUNTLEY

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We're a garbage home playoff team. Nothing to protect

lol “We”, you literally root against them

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

lol “We”, you literally root against them

No I dont??? Except that 2017 debacle yes I was rooting against them cause we absolutely didnt belong in the playoffs.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Oh wow someone predicted their team wouldn't win the super bowl and was right, what a limb to go out on, such long odds. Boring gimmick. :jerkbag:

Game came down to stupid penalties and turnovers, that's all. I'm glad the Ravens lost.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
What kind of psychopath roots against their team in the playoffs because they don't feel the team is deserving of a chance at winning a Superbowl, haha WTF

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well the Ravens are out, time to really buckle down and finish BG3

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs in the Super Bowl again. Suck my dick.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It just wouldn't be TFF without Kawalimus.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

shirts and skins posted:

Brady is the GOAT. If KC wins in two weeks, is Mahomes at worst second?

it'll be a LeBron/Jordan thing, Mahomes is obviously a better QB and leader but "greatness" is unquantifiable and Brady will always be greater

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

AndrewP posted:

well the Ravens are out, time to really buckle down and finish BG3

the end phase is easily the worst part. Have you considered playing Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kawalimus posted:

that 12 men on defense penalty had me thinking of you

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kawalimus is always right.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

NEVER

DOUBT

KAWALIMUS

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We'll be good as long as Lamar is on the team. As long as he gets one in his career I'll be happy. Hell, even if not he's given us so many awesome plays and games.

Hell, he completed a pass to himself and turned a sack into a sick deep TD this very game.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

indigi posted:

it'll be a LeBron/Jordan thing, Mahomes is obviously a better QB and leader but "greatness" is unquantifiable and Brady will always be greater

Tom Brady has been to 10 Super Bowls. Patrick is going to his 4th. So at this time, I think we can all agree Tom Brady is objectively 2.5 times greater.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs in the Super Bowl again. Suck my dick.

Yeah, but it required a bailout from the refs despite the Ravens constantly shooting themselves in the dick. Aligning with the Zebras is a shame to any fan.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Wrenching loss for the Ravens. They did it to themselves though! Can't say the refs were in the bag for the Chiefs.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Lamar had given up on the game halfway through the 4th. Great regular season though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, but it required a bailout from the refs despite the Ravens constantly shooting themselves in the dick. Aligning with the Zebras is a shame to any fan.

I missed the game but were the calls really that lopsided? I saw the penalty where Mahomes got clotheslined for 15 yards, seemed fair.