Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The NFL fell rear end backwards into a way to make inroads into what I'd imagine is their most difficult demographic, teenage girls. They were never going to allow a small market team with relatively little history derail that poo poo. Same way they turned the lights out in 2012 to help the niners win the superbowl and it almost worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I’m just glad that chuds wille be so butthurt about Taylor being on the field for the celebration

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

Lamar had given up on the game halfway through the 4th. Great regular season though.

what no he didn’t

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

sharknado slashfic posted:

As soon as we drew the Chiefs I knew there was no way the Ravens were letting the Ravens win that game, alas.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The NFL fell rear end backwards into a way to make inroads into what I'd imagine is their most difficult demographic, teenage girls. They were never going to allow a small market team with relatively little history derail that poo poo. Same way they turned the lights out in 2012 to help the niners win the superbowl and it almost worked.

Chiefs don't have to win the Super Bowl but they sure as hell have to get there.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It was just a great Spags game, maybe he should be getting some HC looks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a zillion dollar company? and your lights go out?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Ghost Dog posted:

a zillion dollar company? and your lights go out?

MLB would never

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

syq please this is unhinged

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

AndrewP posted:

what no he didn’t

Yeah maybe he didnt, I’m posting very loosely and from the hip

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The play calling was absolutely atrocious, just like 2019. We’ve learned nothing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not sure Mahomes played any better than Lamar today. He had the better supporting cast. By which I mean the refs.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
All I wanted this year was no Chiefs in the Superbowl. Dammit all. So tired of them.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Pron on VHS posted:

Lamar had given up on the game halfway through the 4th. Great regular season though.

I dont think that. Honestly if Flowers doesnt fumble there theres a very good chance we win.

You just cant throw into triple coverage like that on 2nd down. If its 4th down and nothings open and you cant get a first yeah its forgivable but not on 2nd down when youre moving the ball and a FG is acceptable if maybe not ideal.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not sure Mahomes played any better than Lamar today. He had the better supporting cast. By which I mean the refs.

Mahomes played 100% better than Lamar, come on. We dont have to sugarcoat it. If only because he didnt fumble and didnt even throw a near-interceptiok

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yes YES

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hughmoris posted:

I missed the game but were the calls really that lopsided?

no

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I mean mahomes was good for a half and then the Chiefs punted a whole lot. Fortunately for him 17 was enough but calling this some Mahomes classic would be silly. That’s okay though, it’s a team game

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hughmoris posted:

I missed the game but were the calls really that lopsided? I saw the penalty where Mahomes got clotheslined for 15 yards, seemed fair.

Absolutely. Refs called multiple bogus unsportsmanlikes on the Ravens while Kelce was punching Ravens all game. Even a taunting. Plus a ton of uncalled PIs.

30 penalty yards on the Chiefs
95 penalty yards on the Ravens

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The calls were that lopsided but the Ravens lost because they played like rear end

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not sure Mahomes played any better than Lamar today. He had the better supporting cast. By which I mean the dumbass Ravens.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Lamar had the fumble where he held it way too long, like two near-interceptions, and one completely boneheaded one into triple coverage.

Hes had worse games. But this was bad.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Ravens got a bunch of calls because they kept committing obvious penalties

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Lamar played like poo poo, and kept trying to give the ball to the Chiefs. Nick Bolton had a pick 6, well maybe not 6 he’s slow as poo poo, drop through his hands.

Lamar is no Josh Allen, a hero betrayed by the idiots around him. He’s definitely not Mahomes, a hero who lifts the idiots around him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't read the thread yet, but the chiefs/ravens game was hilarious.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

fknlo posted:

I have wrongfully doubted Mahomes yet again. This incredibly flawed team in another Super Bowl

i told u dawg

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

Lamar played like poo poo, and kept trying to give the ball to the Chiefs. Nick Bolton had a pick 6, well maybe not 6 he’s slow as poo poo, drop through his hands.

Lamar is no Josh Allen, a hero betrayed by the idiots around him. He’s definitely not Mahomes, a hero who lifts the idiots around him.

Mahomes was lifted by a great defense this very game

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I haven't read the thread yet, but the chiefs/ravens game was hilarious.

It was some solid NFC East-esque Clownball, made me proud.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

AndrewP posted:

Mahomes was lifted by a great defense this very game

I’m talking about MVS

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MVS playoff MVP

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

refs didn't cause a fumble or make lamar throw to three chiefs defenders

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m talking about MVS

MVS literally bailed Mahomes out on an under thrown ball to win the game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Turdfuzz posted:

refs didn't cause a fumble or make lamar throw to three chiefs defenders

But they did fail to call a penalty on the obvious PI on the interception along with several others.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Whole lotta people in here showing their true colors by Defending the Shield, imo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Even if the ravens didn't commit obvious penalties that drew the necessary flags, they still would have lost. It also isn't like the chiefs weren't getting flagged for obvious penalties, too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mr. Nice! posted:

Even if the ravens didn't commit obvious penalties that drew the necessary flags, they still would have lost. It also isn't like the chiefs weren't getting flagged for obvious penalties, too.

Yeah, they weren't. Kelce punched multiple ravens well after the play and Van Noy got 15 yards for chest bumping him. Plus the unending holding and zero PI. The Ravens played poorly, but they probably win if the refs call a decent game.

Of course everyone knew they'd have to beat the Refs and the Chiefs to have a chance.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Looking at the game chart, the Chiefs literally punted five times in a row in the second half. Scored nothing on either turnover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
People forget 3rd and 24 the instant they lose, it's annoying