Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fat Jesus posted:

CMC should be MVP.

As a compromise he can be Super Bowl MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The AFC is bonkers, Chiefs just picked up right where the Patriots dropped off.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Our high school football team sucked, badly, and I didn't know much about football at all at the time but I was tall and athletic (track & field) and they were pretty desperate so when I joined in my senior year they put me in as a defensive end. I remember our huge but softhearted linemen crying a lot during practices, also a lot of potentially good players quit during the first day of tryouts. Our head coach was a huge dick who also taught chemistry class. One time I threw up while doing laps w/ pads and decided I was loving done for that day--a coach tried to get me going again by asking me HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT THIS? CAN YOU DO THIS? And I was like... Honestly I don't particularly care, this isn't even my main sport.

Anyway tackling people is pretty cool and fun, seeing people get concussed/knocked out is terrifying, and getting your rear end kicked in a physically brutal sport sucks tremendously.

Highlights: I got one (1) career sack and also we won our homecoming game. I think we had two wins total and the actual good schools just put in their JV teams against us. The team folded permanently a year or two after I graduated and I think the coach ended up disgraced for some sort of crime.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Actually I looked up the stats and the team folded a full decade after I graduated, and they didn't win a single league game in that span. drat that's depressing.