Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I pretty much assume every WR constantly considers themselves open

I think they do and this makes you a better wide receiver. Just like all CBs should talk trash constantly, and once you've been beaten for a 50 yard pass still keep talking trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Borsche69 posted:

even if kelce probably is a oval office

I think he's more of a meathead idiot. Like if he says something out of bounds publicly and you tell him why he'll stop doing it.

I mean on the field he'll obviously get chippy, but he's not the only one guilty of that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HonorableTB posted:

I played football as a kid in the 11-13 year old community league as an offensive lineman. Some of those kids even at 13 were jacked as hell and there were more than a few times I just got manhandled by a kid who hit a growth spurt and put on 3 inches and 40 pounds since the season began or whatever. I stopped being allowed to play after I took a mild concussion, thanks mom for saving whatever was left of my brains!

I was an under-sized lineman. An old man trick I was taught by my older brothers was to hook the inside shoulderpads (like by the chest, not the shoulders) and flop. Yeah you might be 5 inches taller than me despite me not being short and 40 lbs heavier. But if the refs don't catch on to the trick I'm sure not moving you, but I'm making you pancake my rear end and taking you out of the play other than that.

That was probably my greatest relevance to my team--we were not a good team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Fencing was fun when I did it for a year (for a cheap college credit). Got a small trophy for finishing like 5th in some city tournament--my city, like most, does not fence very much, this doesn't mean I was good at it.

Never got past the foil but apparently if you get into sabre you get to that area where you cause and receive bruises if that's what you crave without the whole brain trauma thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheBizzness posted:

how do you pitch for 12 years in the bigs with a career era over 5.5 lol

42-39 as the pitcher of record though somehow. And for most of his career people still thought that meant something I guess?