Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
News:

Views:
:boom:

I'm pretty much fine with any outcomes from this point on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Controversial Take: I like Taylor Swift

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Once upon a time, the Super Bow MVP went to a guy on the team that lost, which tells you how much of a shitshow Super Bowl V was.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Manoueverable posted:

I do appreciate that this has happened exactly once in most of the major sports, it's like the leagues agreed "okay, now that we have a fun trivia question/answer out of the way, let's never do that again"

It’s happened 4-5 times in the NHL and it’s usually a goalie who looks utterly shell shocked.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

JS Guigere winning the Conn Smythe when his Anaheim Ducks lost to the New Jersey Devils is what I'll always remember. Also Scott Stevens knocking out Paul Kariya with an open-ice check.

And then Kariya came back a few minutes later and scored a goal :black101:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Please don't remind me of that series

Paul Kariya was my favorite player growing up and that series still makes me angry. Also they need to go back to those uniforms.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Fat Jesus posted:

How many times has the SB MVP been on the losing team?

Only once, linebacker Chuck Howley of the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl V when they lost to the Baltimore Colts. The game was nicknamed the Blunder Bowl because it had like 12 combined turnovers and a ton a penalties and was an all around bad game by both teams, yet somehow ended with a field goal as time expired for the Colts to win.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Colonel Whitey posted:

Shemp secret unlockable character with unique move set

Fake Shemp is one of the characters you unlock after beating the game on the hardest difficulty (Chowderhead) along with Joe and Curly Joe. Everyone still just uses Moe or Curly.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I was a long snapper in pee wee and was reasonably accurate at it. That was the high point of my competitive athletics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Christine McIntyre DLC.

Only if the DLC also includes Vernon Dent