Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

Lamar is cool and good and it sucks that the takeaway from this game is going to be a bunch of dipshit First Take level opinions

Defense on both sides absolutely balled out

Yeah, you have to be pretty stupid to think this game means Lamar isn't fantastic. With a healthy Andrews and Keaton Mitchell this would have been a blowout the way the defense played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We'll be good as long as Lamar is on the team. As long as he gets one in his career I'll be happy. Hell, even if not he's given us so many awesome plays and games.

Hell, he completed a pass to himself and turned a sack into a sick deep TD this very game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs in the Super Bowl again. Suck my dick.

Yeah, but it required a bailout from the refs despite the Ravens constantly shooting themselves in the dick. Aligning with the Zebras is a shame to any fan.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not sure Mahomes played any better than Lamar today. He had the better supporting cast. By which I mean the refs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hughmoris posted:

I missed the game but were the calls really that lopsided? I saw the penalty where Mahomes got clotheslined for 15 yards, seemed fair.

Absolutely. Refs called multiple bogus unsportsmanlikes on the Ravens while Kelce was punching Ravens all game. Even a taunting. Plus a ton of uncalled PIs.

30 penalty yards on the Chiefs
95 penalty yards on the Ravens

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m talking about MVS

MVS literally bailed Mahomes out on an under thrown ball to win the game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Turdfuzz posted:

refs didn't cause a fumble or make lamar throw to three chiefs defenders

But they did fail to call a penalty on the obvious PI on the interception along with several others.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mr. Nice! posted:

Even if the ravens didn't commit obvious penalties that drew the necessary flags, they still would have lost. It also isn't like the chiefs weren't getting flagged for obvious penalties, too.

Yeah, they weren't. Kelce punched multiple ravens well after the play and Van Noy got 15 yards for chest bumping him. Plus the unending holding and zero PI. The Ravens played poorly, but they probably win if the refs call a decent game.

Of course everyone knew they'd have to beat the Refs and the Chiefs to have a chance.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ah, Andy Reid went 3 and out on purpose. That's why he's a future HoF coach I guess.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hamilton was awesome all game. He made one 3 and Out drive all by his lonesome. Kelce made a couple tremendous grabs in the first half. Especially that TD with Hamilton all over him. Just another example of Mahomes being propped up by the players around him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh I think the Ravens defense out played the chiefs. Offense is where Baltimore really hosed up. Turnovers, bad O-line play, WRs looking inconsistent, and really questionable play calling by Monken.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

Felt like Lamar should have ran way, way more. Designed runs, scrambles, didn’t do nearly enough of it

More running from everyone. I can't stop thinking about how much a healthy Keaton Mitchell makes that a more attractive proposition than an injured Gus and Hill.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Nice guy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Roasted Donut posted:

glad we are, once again, getting the worst possible superbowl, as happens more years than not

Really? Because frankly it bums me out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m not reading the rest of this thread but gently caress off with this loser poo poo. Sorry your team couldn’t close out. What a great time for you to go review each frame of the game for uncalled holding penalties to feel better about it.

Bitch.

Everybody loves a sore winner.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/erikstrobl/status/1751807683861135522?t=8lyiD9fLUuiI_MjOPcJTCg&s=19

I hadn't even made the connection. 2024 is a real downer..

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Combine the Ravens and Chargers into one juggernaut that shits the bed in the playoffs in unimaginable new ways.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How one of the most mediocre singers around found herself at the dead center of our culture and a major flashpoint of culture war is really beyond me. Why does anyone care about Taylor Swift going to football games? Positively or negatively?

PostNouveau posted:

Chiefs win, Kelce proposes to Taylor on the field afterward, American empire reaches its apex and begins swiftly crumbling

Buddy, we are way past the Apex.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Fat Jesus posted:

The daily mail cares.

But why? She's a popular blonde white lady. What do they even dislike her for?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I can understand liking the Chiefs. Mahomes and Kelce are very good football players. Why do you like Taylor Swift?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Negative three turnover ratio, bad ref luck, a lovely game by Lamar, a badly out coached offensive coordinator, and it was still a one score game.

Lamar is good and the Ravens will always be contenders if he's healthy. Anyone arguing otherwise doesn't know ball, enjoys hot takes too much, or is expressing their racism in a socially safe way. Usually a mix of all three.

Team probably won't be as good next year, but there's a ton of upside available. Maybe we can play our two great TEs together, maybe Lamar improves his deep ball, maybe Flowers takes another step, maybe the defense only sees minor regression, maybe we get a full healthy year out of the RB corp, and on and on.

This is a fun team that wins 75% of the time. They'll never be a dynasty with Lamar's inconsistency, but they'll always be competitive as long as he's healthy. Pretty happy being a Ravens fan right now.

I will miss Gus Bus though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar seems to have that mindset too. I just can't get too down on this team because the highs are so high. Hell, in this game where the offense gave the game away, Lamar had two career highlight plays. Two! The dude is just fun.

I might feel differently if the Ravens hadn't already won 2 Superbowls in the past 20 years. But they have. Fun and in the mix every year is a good way to be in the NFL.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My recollection is that only one Lamar run didn't go for a first down and that led to a 2nd or 3rd down. I really do blame the offensive play calling for most of the failure. Having the ball with 2 minutes to go at like 3rd and 5 and not running to set up a possible fourth down was weak. Converting there and getting even a field goal is a huge hinge point in this game. Ton of hinge points actually. If either fumble was recovered by the offense, a couple drops caught, some more runs in good situations, a proper PI flag or two, etc. This mother fucker was basically all hinges, which is a terrible way to build a door. Door to the Superbowl I mean.

Sort of lost my train of thought.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Gotta pay somebody. It's a lot better than paying Rogers.

Or Hurts.

Or Dak.

Or basically anybody else.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well then somebody say something not trolling. I've got 8 hours to kill on flights today.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lions just lost on bad bounces of the ball, including those failed 4th down conversions. It happens and it really sucks when it happens in the playoffs.

New Topic.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1751964647933022320?t=Hywy99S3dErBzDjC0UN0Aw&s=19

Bateman fails to understand the basics of NFL spacing and the Ravens punt because of it. The guy is so talented but he just cannot get the details right. This is his 3rd season with Lamar, they should be 100% mind meld at this point. I was so happy when the Ravens got him and he's been such a disappointment.

Is there a Rashod Bateman but competent and not injury prone somewhere in the draft?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I would be for that as well. It definitely wouldn't make the team better next year than some boring lineman picks but it might connect Lamar with a top target for 10 years. And for however much worse they'd be Andrews, Flowers, Likely, and Harrison would be crazy loving fun.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

also bateman's spacing was usually his one positive trait. dude got great separation per route run over the course of the year (if advanced statistics are to be believed)

His separation is good. His understanding of how to play best within the offense is not. Lamar is known for his buying time and I've seen Bateman get open for a brief window then slow up a ton of times this year. Totally takes himself out of the play. That includes a few deep passes that would have been on target if he ran his whole route with purpose. Add in the drops and the few INTs in his career where he hasn't fought for the ball. It amounts to a ton of wasted potential.

The recurring injuries, especially his rookie year, make things very hard for a young player. Still, he's been a disappointment.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Trading from 28th to 4th or whatever to get Harrison would probably cost the Ravens their entire 2024 draft + future first rounders. Just a fyi in case you are being serious instead of just saying poo poo

Julio Jones trade was the 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks plus the next year's 1st and 4th. I think I would do that deal for Harrison. Not saying it's smart, but I'd do it and have a lot of fun doing it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

You have to have a partner in the top 4 picks willing to do that though, which of those 4 teams is willing to go down to 28th for that?

I could see any of 3 through 8 making that trade depending on how the board falls. Patriots, Cardinals, Chargers, Giants and Texans all need a lot more than one non-QB to turn things around.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hey, maybe you tag and trade Justin Madibuke. Can't really afford him anyway, then get Harrison cost controlled for 5 years.

Kalli posted:

By all reports the Cardinals are laser focused on MHJr, so I would very much expect him to not fall past 4.

You're probably right but there are months to go yet and the top ten picks usually have a few surprises.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No worries, we got you. It is in fact quite good.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fsif posted:

He's fine. The greats find a way to get a late 4th quarter lead via laterals, though. Conspicuously absent from his resume.

You know, that's a good point. Maybe he's not better than Gronk.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens Turnover differential in playoff games since 2018:

‘18 L vs LAC: -2
‘19 L vs TEN: -3
‘20 W @ TEN: 0
‘20 L @ BUF: -1
‘22 L @ CIN: -1
‘23 W vs HOU: 0
‘23 L vs KC: -3

That's an oof. Explains Lamar's playoff struggles better than anything else I think.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Whining and offensive holding is what builds dynasties.

That's a bad trade. I like feeling good about rooting for my team.

Not on the offensive holding, but you only get away with that when your QB is the face of the league.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

In all fairness that "hold" that erased the TD was extremely ticky tack

It was shocking to see that called when so many others had been totally ignored.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not sure those two spots were the issue with the theoretical trade.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

rjmccall posted:

Yes, but please try to understand my pain in having had to see the wrong number used repeatedly in this obviously fanciful discussion

You know what? I understand and appreciate you.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The rare non-QBs are pretty cool. Like what if Kyle Juzzcyk was SB MVP? That would be cool as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

A WR was Superbowl MVP like 2 years ago

It seems to happen about every 4 years.