Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My high school had a terrible football team when I went there. I was also a girl so I wasn't allowed to play football. I managed to avoid taking gym until my senior year when I had do a full year of it to graduate. The gym teacher was also a football coach and thought I played flag football too rough so I could only go after male classmates.

I also never took Washington state history so I had to do an after school study group to graduate. That's because I went to 3 different middle schools between 2 different districts so it got dropped and no one noticed until the last quarter of my senior year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I played soccer and softball and loved both of them as a kid until my crippling depression in high school got in to 1st gear. Honestly if I had a kid those are the sports I'd put them in, just sub baseball for softball depending on gender ID. A good friend's niece got a sweet soccer scholorship to play at the UW. My baby sister is on her high school's long distance track team and loves it.

On the other hand I was absolutely a menace when played team sports as a kid. I've mellowed out considerably as an adult and I miss my works coed softball league. That was fun and also how I broke nose.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My girlfriend was a swimmer and got a poors pity scholorship for crew, so those are good if you've got a kid who likes the water and/money. The crew experience set her up with some serious connections that she uses even 20 years later. Being good at rich people sports when you're not rich can be a solid ticket up the ladder sometimes.