Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/kgumminger/status/1751987710296735777?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

seems pretty good but I'm too far up the Chiefs rear end to have a relevant opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love Rashee Rice.

If the Chiefs could stop holding he'd have two more touchdowns this postseason

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A lot of time to think about this game and anything could happen. But consider this...after this game we could be talking about Pat in terms of "three time super bowl champion and three time super bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes". Like, this is a legacy-cementing post season. Here's the list of 3-time SB MVPs

Tom Brady
Joe Montana

Here's the list of guys who have done it before 30:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chicago Bears

Richard Dent

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like Purdy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jim Harbaugh matched up with Justin Herbert will be interesting

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Best image you could find? he looks like jim carey in Liar Liar when he's talking to the girl with big cans in the elevator and he's going "momma. momma. *suck suck suck*"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I reserve the right to say it's crazy that the 49ers are favored with an inferior head coach, defense, tight end, kicker and quarterback and also haven't looked great in quite a while without feeling the need to defend it as the lunacy rantings of a "nobody believes in us" false narrative.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

35-year-old Kelce

yes let's talk about Kelce. Clearly he lost a step, this was a good point last week too.

edit:

Kalli posted:

It'll come next week, but as of now all I'm hearing about is libs making fun of Republicans being mad about Taylor Swift while having seen zero examples of maga guys being mad about Taylor Swift. It's about as offputting as every Aren't you triggered???? right winger thing.

no these are real bets and they are created to take advantage of people who believe this poo poo

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 31, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/alepat911/status/1752506881195548874

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tucker knows that the other team has to warm up there. It's done every game. The kicker has time to practice field goals on both sides. He gets up to move a foot to the right. Lol he knows what he's doing. The organization from top to bottom was trying to establish a precedent from the beginning that they're going to play tough and not let some team come to THEIR home and push them around. I mean, that's exactly what ended up happening but this is playoff football every year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I'm not saying the Ravens were even incorrect to do so but I guess Mahomes and Kelce should just take it? And if they push back they're cunts? Just trying to follow AFCN logic here.

Righteous victory lmao yeah because that's what I said.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rogue Elephant posted:

They're not wrong, Tucker literally said he was doing it as gamesmanship, and then Kelce and Mahomes shook his hand and didn't say poo poo at the coin flip. The annoying thing is that even after winning they won't stop whining about it, and also are starting to use it as idiotic "we're disrespected" bulletin board material

just don't watch McAfee's show, I don't. It literally solves all your problems.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ravens fans: Chiefs are cunts

Chiefs fans: it was gamesmanship

Ravens fans: it was gamesmanship for our guy, gamesmanship the other way is how you become the most hated team

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kirios posted:

kiimo just take the L and move on

that

is an interesting way to put it. It's getting late anyway

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I promise I'm not posting this to pile on Ravens fans but rather on "rigged" fans that exist in every fanbase. this is just an almost hilarious moment

quote:

Baltimore Ravens fans were certainly unhappy after witnessing the home team suffer a disappointing loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs this past Sunday. But apparently, at least one Ravens fan directed their frustration at the onsite CBS television crew.

Lamar Jackson had a brilliant regular season and defeated the Houston Texans in the divisional round to earn his first career postseason home win. Former NFL quarterback and current CBS analyst Boom Esiason and the rest of CBS' "NFL Today" crew were broadcasting from M&T Bank Stadium.

Esiason said that he, along with his co-hosts, Nate Burleson and Bill Cowher, were confronted by a fan at an Amtrak station near the Ravens home stadium.

Esiason went into more details about the incident during WFAN's morning show on Monday. Esiason began by praising the Ravens' loyal fan base, saying the crowd "couldn’t have been any nicer at the stadium and even in this situation, for the most part."

But, the former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback said the fan was a "total a—wipe d—bag." He also suggested the fan had consumed an excessive amount of alcohol.

Esiason added that the fan in question made claims that the NFL was "rigged."

"He decides that he’s gonna come over and he’s gonna talk to us about how the NFL is rigged," Esiason explained. "And he’s using very colorful language."

But he also noted that Cowher was quick to defend the integrity of the league.

"Coach is awesome right, he'll defend the NFL," Esiason explained. "'I don't want to hear this crap from this drunk a— fan that lost a bet' ... he's a Hall of Famer and will die with that shield," Esiason said of Cowher.

At one point, the situation seemed to have escalated to the point where Esiason contemplated getting into a physical altercation with the individual.

"I said, 'Listen, if he gets any closer, I may have to get up and effing smash this guy right in the face,'" Esiason said. "And I’m pissed off now. I’m trying to watch the [NFC Championship Game on an iPad], this idiot is screaming about how the NFL is rigged.

"We’re not gonna let anybody go after Coach Cowher."

Burleson, a former Detroit Lions wide receiver, then entered the fray.

"Nate’s ready to come out of his suit and ready to rip this guy’s face off," Esiason.

The chaotic scene ended with no punches being thrown.

"It was nuts," Esiason said. "And then another Ravens fan started yelling at this guy and then the cops came in."

Boomer ready to throw down

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

strong corner / slot back checking in. I love it when we do this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

i go to cross country in the evening and it's just chill vibes and girls butts everywhere.

This is the exact description of me going to wrestling practice the first day in a dank subterranean padded room full of dudes that had beaded sweat on the walls and then walking upstairs and checking out the first track practice which i ended up doing for four years instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dude was hammered with Ravens fans during the tailgating.

He won't go to prison though, because he's rich.