Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Monken called an absolutely awful game, and Jackson was too hesitant to rely on his legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Brady is the GOAT. If KC wins in two weeks, is Mahomes at worst second?

it'll be a LeBron/Jordan thing, Mahomes is obviously a better QB and leader but "greatness" is unquantifiable and Brady will always be greater

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

I missed the game but were the calls really that lopsided?

no

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Ravens got a bunch of calls because they kept committing obvious penalties

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if the Ravens had scored or even looked competent on offense Andy would have dialed it up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ah, Andy Reid went 3 and out on purpose. That's why he's a future HoF coach I guess.

Andy Reid, known for not making adjustments. you're right, and not just mad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Lions loving suck and I can't believe I cheered for them. Detroit deserves better

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

She's a pop music star, singing ability is optional

:hmmyes:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The337th posted:

she sings fine right?

I thought it was just being the most white bread option among pop stars that made it a little weird for this cultural fixation to exist

yeah she's a fine singer. has some absolute bangers, but it has nothing to do with her singing ability or voice quality

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

Come on, she's not naive, she knows what's happening.

yeah but is she supposed to not go to the game then? or get Ethan Hunt to make her a mask?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if it was Rihanna I think everyone would be a lot more chill about it. something about Taylor sets people off

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The337th posted:

I also don't really see where she needs the exposure to the football audience, but I bet she has management that loves it still

enough people watch the NFL that if over the course of the season even 0.2% of the audience decided to check her out and becomes casual fans that's a pretty significant number

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

calling for the ball there is the single most incomprehensible thing to happen in that game. you're looking at a guy who's closing on you and have another dude on your hip and a third player just off screen is on the way to join the party. by no conceivable metric are you even kind of open

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope the Chiefs bring the Niners into paste for beating the Lions and making me more upset than any football game since 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

D-LINK posted:

You can blame coaching all you want. Lamar gets turnover prone when harassed. He is kinda easy to rattle

the crazy thing is that after the first few drives the Chiefs gave up heavy contain because it was obvious Lamar wasn't gonna run. he was too focused on waiting for hopeless intermediate/deep routes to develop to start taking off every other play. the few times he did run he kept trying to break ankles rather than just sprinting for the first down marker at the sideline

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lions just lost on bad bounces of the ball, including those failed 4th down conversions. It happens and it really sucks when it happens in the playoffs.

New Topic.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1751964647933022320?t=Hywy99S3dErBzDjC0UN0Aw&s=19

Bateman fails to understand the basics of NFL spacing and the Ravens punt because of it. The guy is so talented but he just cannot get the details right. This is his 3rd season with Lamar, they should be 100% mind meld at this point. I was so happy when the Ravens got him and he's been such a disappointment.

Is there a Rashod Bateman but competent and not injury prone somewhere in the draft?

yeah Bateman didn't take direction well but Lamar's way too fast to call that "boxed in." it's Lamar loving Jackson. there's a huge lane to his right if he just takes off. Purdy made more heads up plays with his legs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

But going for the 4th doesn’t change the math that much. It’s a three score lead either way

their kicker is absolute butt though. the math isn't as good for him. so really it's a two score lead either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Spags the god