Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jared Goff?
This poll is closed.
JARED GOFF 33 45.83%
Jared Goof 14 19.44%
MCDC 9 12.50%
Purdy Good 16 22.22%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

gonna sleep easy knowing Cam Sutton wont be on the field next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

epic bacon posted:

just root for Mahomes. let yourself accept he's the next Brady and be a fan now. makes the next 15 years more bearable

i really liked him until he did his whole whining routine after the stupid non-controversy about Toney being offsides.

OTOH I think Brock Purdy looks like a nice kid who'd live on my block in the neighborhood, so I don't mind that good things happen to him. I give him 10$ to cut my lawn on Saturdays!

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

hell of a run.

Go Lions, you're still kings of the (NFC) North.

I hope both teams have fun in their next game.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kirios posted:

I think this was their chance.

Goff has to get paid - Packers look like they'll be right back in this position next year.

I'm really worried about the Lions long term.

The Lions will be better but you don’t always luck out with facing two shitass NFC South teams in the playoffs

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

imagine rooting for the chiefs over the 9ers under any circumstances

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Good.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mike N Eich posted:

i really liked him until he did his whole whining routine after the stupid non-controversy about Toney being offsides.

OTOH I think Brock Purdy looks like a nice kid who'd live on my block in the neighborhood, so I don't mind that good things happen to him. I give him 10$ to cut my lawn on Saturdays!

Brock drives a mean combine

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
A powerful mix of choking and bad luck (how the gently caress does that Ayuk catch happen?)

Probably not going to see that ever again, gg Lions

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/freep/status/1751800022054641916

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

fartknocker posted:

playing Don't Stop Believin' in the stadium after beating Detroit lol

It's the Bay Area version of "Sweet Caroline."

I'm sorry about that.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Journey's from the bay

They're talking about SF in that "lights go down in the city" song

Laplacean Demon
Jan 20, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

sadness

the ball hitting the facemask was the clock striking midnight on the lions

one last lions bitch for the road

100% this. Knew it was time to start drinking on that play.

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!

Ifgalra posted:

I'm enjoying the "we have enough lead to try the weird poo poo" playcalling, it's fun

I did not enjoy this even though it still felt like the right call

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Gully Foyle posted:

Nah, the had like 4 young all pros and roty candidates, they've got the chops to keep building.

The Seahawks never came close again after the interception. Losing like that is locker room poison.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Joe looks confused.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:(

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah it loving sucks.

Pistons suck, Tigers suck, this is kinda all they have.

poo poo isn't fair.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Michigan got their national title. No sympathy

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I’m going to skip the Super Bowl this year

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

The Seahawks never came close again after the interception. Losing like that is locker room poison.

losing several of the key players that made that possible certainly didn't help either, it threw off the team composition bigly

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Manoueverable posted:

Those games were nothing alike, unless you’re just saying it’s impossible to come back after losing a close playoff game

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

wyoak posted:

Those games were nothing alike, unless you’re just saying it’s impossible to come back after losing a close playoff game

Did the Falcons ever recover after 28-3?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Google Butt posted:

imagine rooting for the chiefs over the 9ers under any circumstances

Living anywhere close to Whitehouse TX means you are pretty much required by law to root for whatever team Patrick Mahomes is playing on, regardless of the circumstances.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hey just got back from getting my daughter to bed what’s hap… oh no

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

we need another chris chandler and jamal anderson, the dirty birds will fly again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Kittle on the podium "they had us in the first half, not gonna lie" :allears:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

Only way to ever truly recover is clean house. You can't have any remnants of the old guard there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wyoak posted:

I mean it looks like most of the coaching staff is getting poached so I think it’s closer than you might think

MintFresh
Jun 24, 2020

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah but they'll most likely never make it back after that collapse, teams never recover from this sort of thing.
Marshawn should’ve gotten the ball. :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress you lions what the gently caress

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Manoueverable posted:

No but they lost their OC and their team was old

I mean that was a bad loss and it’s really hard to go to the Super Bowl but like, the Rams won a SB after a terrible first showing, Chiefs won a SB after an all timer afc championship loss and after another loss to Tom Brady, Broncos won a few years after getting housed, Pats kept winning after we counted out Touchdown Tom, etc

The past does not predict the future

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Kirios posted:

Only way to ever truly recover is clean house. You can't have any remnants of the old guard there.

... Are you seriously saying Detroit needs to clean house after their best season in 30 years?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it looks like most of the coaching staff is getting poached so I think it’s closer than you might think

Ok yeah that’s a good reason

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

whos that broooown posted:

... Are you seriously saying Detroit needs to clean house after their best season in 30 years?

No that's not what I'm saying. The Falcons didn't, the Seahawks didn't, etc. etc. And they won't either.

But it lingers. It consumes. It will always be there.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This loving sucks

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I mean, "good young upstart team makes people believe with a playoff run then collapses against traditional power and falls apart" is a time-honored tradition across many different sports, those teams pretty much never have happy endings to their story. I thank God the Seahawks got one before that bit them.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Detroits biggest problem is that this was definitely a one-off season with Goff and he's going to regress a ton next year

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

The past does not predict the future

Worth noting that the Rams had to trade Jared Goff away to win that next Super Bowl with a different QB, but yeah.

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
Actual reasons lions lost.

1. The super unlucky facemask bounce clownball
2. Gibbs fumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Kirios posted:

No that's not what I'm saying. The Falcons didn't, the Seahawks didn't, etc. etc. And they won't either.

But it lingers. It consumes. It will always be there.

It's Detroit. It was never not there. It's there at the least detectable amount since most of us have been alive.