Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Think it is still available within the build menu though? (the undo)

I see they've nerfed some of the poison damage, but only the incoming damage not the acid bite. Kinda surprised.
Water aura nerf is expected though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

> Lowered the cost for Tin Bars to align them better with similar recipes.

Ugh I just spent a ton of time yesterday mining Tin

> Nerfed the skill “Water Aura”. It was just too good.

Double ugh, I just specced into that yesterday.

And maybe I missed it, but it looks like no fix for every map POI being flagged as new? 0/10, terrible patch :colbert:

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

YerDa Zabam posted:

First patch is up. Lost of stuff in it, including the rake being fixed as well as the magic chest being available earlier
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1203620/
My graphics were completely hosed up by this patch so everything distant looked like this. Changing graphics preset to max quality and then back to balanced before tweaking again fixed it at least, for anyone else this happens to.

I'm also separately getting graphical glitches when I alt-tab that weren't happening before.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Reducing tin requirements is great because there are a ton of nice bronze items I skipped because it was too much of a pain in the rear end to make.
Made a bronze axe, found iron and never looked back.

So I've sunk a ton of time refurbishing that inn everyone uses with 25 comfort and even developed the surrounding area.
Problem is that it still doesn't feel like it's mine.

I might go absolutely loving bonkers and make ANOTHER base from scratch.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The best way to get ingots isn't to mine them, it's to go to those towers and break every pot inside to get tons of crafting materials.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

patch notes posted:

• Fixed a bug where single terrain voxel placement with the build hammer could add a larger terrain volume than intended.

I hope this isn't related to placing a single block of farm soil or dirt road and raking it out forever

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NeurosisHead posted:

I hope this isn't related to placing a single block of farm soil or dirt road and raking it out forever

I think it's about placing a small block and having the terrain infill slopes on the side.
Doesn't bother me because it makes things look more natural. However, you can get this effect manually, so it makes sense to turn it off for those that want it.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Yay i got my rake! I think once i discovered sand stone torches i lost the ability to make the small med and large stone torches. Kinda sucks because i was gonna do a large build with those everywhere.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Fell Sicklescythe sucks rear end as melee. That is all.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sab669 posted:

Fell Sicklescythe sucks rear end as melee. That is all.

Yeah.. ran into that dude last night. I've since watched a couple of videos on how to deal with him and I'm not sure if I'm ready yet or need to gear and level up a bit more even knowing the key to the fight.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
it was a little rough even with a full level ranger + wizard. wizard died halfway through and i was too busy dodging and chugging pots to revive, but finished it off after about a dozen medium health potions.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

How do you change brightness?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Locator posted:

Yeah.. ran into that dude last night. I've since watched a couple of videos on how to deal with him and I'm not sure if I'm ready yet or need to gear and level up a bit more even knowing the key to the fight.

Okay yea I skimmed a guide and he wasn't that bad, but also I had a good Wand to use.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Okay yea I skimmed a guide and he wasn't that bad, but also I had a good Wand to use.

Probably the best guide I saw was a melee dude who just used a bow to stun him and then charged in and pounded with melee during the stun, then just avoided stuff until another stun opportunity. Rinse and repeat. The adds were handled during the stun because the melee attacks would kill the bugs just as a side effect.

It wasn't this one, but this one explains all his attacks and also uses bow+melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLdEdv6ikU

The Locator fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 8, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

The Locator posted:

Probably the best guide I saw was a melee dude who just used a bow to stun him and then charged in and pounded with melee during the stun, then just avoided stuff until another stun opportunity. Rinse and repeat. The adds were handled during the stun because the melee attacks would kill the bugs just as a side effect.

It wasn't this one, but this one explains all his attacks and also uses bow+melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLdEdv6ikU

Different boss, Sicklescythe is a little trickier than the wyvern

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, that's a different boss :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

idiotsavant posted:

Uh... oops! Wyvern is where I'm at and I guess I can't read.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love how you can get neat detailed builds with just a little creative placement

Also, I can't stop building farms

Even if some are just good places to hide

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

e; nvm

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

If you are terraforming or digging a lot like for a basement. Don't use the pickaxe, use the hammer and the terraforming tool and right click. It will pick up stone dirt. Anything that you dig up and it's way easier than any other method.

Another method for digging is to place your flame altar and then place and remove foundations to dig perfectly square sections. I’m building an underground base and placed my altar, dug under it with foundations and then extinguished it and moved it underground so I can warp directly into my base.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm currently level 10 and having fun with the game. I like how the quests generally guide you into exploring new zones and unlocking new gear from the NPC's. Last I unlocked was the Revelwood spire and I'm currently looking into exploring more of that zone, even though I feel like I'm constantly underleveled with mobs of 11-15. Next NPC quest is to get the crucible for the Blacksmith which I assume opens up the copper smelting. After which I definitely want the better pickaxe because mining copper is a pain right now. Just unlocked the better glider and I hope it'll make spire gliding a bit better.

Finding better gear from chests is incredibly difficult. I'm using crafted mix and match armor, but my weapons are all underleveled, since I just can't find better. I'm playing as a mage type, although I do use bows to range annoying enemies, since when multiple enemies get on my case, I take a lot of damage. The target locking is kinda all over the place and I haven't found a way to easily swap between targets fast.

A couple of things I'd like the game could add/have:

- A craftable hip lantern, or at least a permanent wisp to provide light.
- An option to simply press a button in your base and stuff would automatically fly into chests if you already have it stored in some. I mean, I can sort of remember which chest has mining stuff, which one has wood, which one has animal droppings... but it'd be a lot simpler

Also, after searching for a bit of content, I'm getting build videos on Youtube now, along with browsing Reddit for Enshrouded makes me feel incredibly bad because I'm a bad builder, which a square house with all the NPC's tucked in. I do have a plan of refurbishing a nice village I found, Fort Kelvin, but I think I'm gonna have to unlock some more NPC workbenches first. But I could never create something like that from scratch, so it's nice the game offers an option to re-furb a location like that. There's plenty of nice looking ones.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

TeaJay posted:

Finding better gear from chests is incredibly difficult. I'm using crafted mix and match armor, but my weapons are all underleveled, since I just can't find better. I'm playing as a mage type, although I do use bows to range annoying enemies, since when multiple enemies get on my case, I take a lot of damage. The target locking is kinda all over the place and I haven't found a way to easily swap between targets fast.

As you explore locations and get the red glowing texts, you should be getting world locations to explore popping up on your map. At many of those locations there is a fixed, specific weapon in the target chest. Some of those weapons are fairly good and some also have an innate glow and act as a light source for the dark places as well.

I don't use target locking at all in this game, it fucks up movement by forcing facing instead of just keeping the target highlighted.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TeaJay posted:

I'm currently level 10 and having fun with the game. I like how the quests generally guide you into exploring new zones and unlocking new gear from the NPC's. Last I unlocked was the Revelwood spire and I'm currently looking into exploring more of that zone, even though I feel like I'm constantly underleveled with mobs of 11-15.

Combat is in a weird place. Armor doesn't "feel" right to me. I am able to kill mobs fine, but no matter what you're wearing, or how much HP you have, getting hit is a big deal. This is definitely a "don't get hit" kind of game. Magic just melts enemies, bow attacks aren't bad but require some grinding, and melee is basically a "stick and move" affair. I guess that's where the "souls-like" moniker comes from - the one distinguishing characteristic of those games is, to me, that the main goal is to NOT get hit, but rather learn to dodge around movesets.

To me, that kind of gameplay is fine, but it runs counter to the "fighter/rogue/mage" paradigm they're presenting here. No matter what kind of character I'm playing, I wind up doing the same dodges and counters to kill mobs. The dual-cleaver wielding poison guys in particular are insanely brutal, until you learn to time the "dodge-poke-dodge-poke" rhythm behind their moveset.

There's a bit of an identity crisis under the hood here. The plate/leather/cloth armor, stats, and talent trees imply one kind of game, where fighters can trade blows, casters are glass cannons, the whole traditional bit, but the actual game experience evokes more of an Elden Ring approach where your armor might make the difference between dying in 3 hits instead of 2, but movement and learning enemy patterns is overwhelmingly more important.

Maybe that's not a problem, I don't know.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I don’t disagree with that. The upswing is that I tend to just focus on armor that has health first and things that boost my magic and wands second.

Bows aren’t bad but there is a massive ammo grind behind it. Which is especially weird since spells have ‘eternal’ versions that are unlimited and often more powerful. A ‘bottomless quiver’ or something here would be helpful and more balancing.

Melee is just in a weird spot because the game becomes WAY more challenging since you’re in and out of danger and there’s basically zero advantage to it over bows or magic.

I think the balancing could come from armor defining roles better. Turn back magic damage significantly and then put its power boosting onto the armor so that it’s powerful but at the cost of glass cannoning. Plate turns you beefier and safer at the expense of being in more immediate danger and or boosting some melee damage significantly.

Melee also just doesn’t feel impactful and the damage is middling at best.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I think the point I was trying to make (badly) was that I've felt "underleveled" for the entire game. I'm in the last biome now and just shy of cap, and I always had to punch above my weight when entering a new biome. The name of the game is offense and avoidance, so once you get a reasonable weapon from Revelwood and pump it up the level 11-15 mobs will be fine. Valheim had a similar curve - getting fully equipped from one biome didn't really put you at a power parity for the next one, it just set you at the bottom of the rung for that next ladder. The first time you hit a new zone is pretty much as hard as this game gets.

Edit: yeah I agree 100% that something needs to be done about the arrow grind. I've coped with it, but I'm still using copper arrows because the cost/time difference between that tier and the higher ones is nuts. I can make up that damage difference by just firing one or two more arrows. "Time to kill" is not an element here, it's not an MMO with enrage timers.

And I also agree with the melee - the damage, even specced into that side of the tree heavily, just doesn't keep up with ranged, and it's riskier because as you said you're right in the thick of it.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 15, 2024

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Has anyone talked about the talent tree much? I feel there's a good amount of room for early access iteration. Some of them are very costly, have special names and icons, and do very little to change the game. Others are unobtrusive yet are absolutely game-altering. One talent I took very recently (because I'd mostly finished my build) was the one that keeps animals from attacking you unless you hit them first. It was like I installed a different game. The ability to harvest materials unmolested by wildlife, especially in the wastes, is so damned good - I'd almost put this one up there with double-jump for insane quality of life gains.

Overall I'm really enjoying this game and it's going to be a lot of fun to see where they take it. Lots of great ideas here. Having a key bound to instantly toggle in and out of your ranged attack is a feature I never knew I needed until I saw it here.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 15, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Double Jump and Hang Glider Jump are both so stupidly essential that they shouldn't be talents.
Make them a feature of having Boots equipped / a higher tier of the Glider.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I also find the skill tree very tedious to interact with. So many blank dots with no information that I have to hover over every time and try to interpret the description. I can get an idea of what each dot is based on position but when it comes time to actually start spending points it's a long process.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I’m only level 4 because I spend all my time delving deep and greedily in my underground lair where glowstone spawns. So far I’ve prioritized double jump and the skill to kill stunned enemies which both feel like they should be free.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm testing the fix-up capacity of the crowd favorite, Blue Goblet tavern. So far I like it too, it's more compact and feels more like a base of operations / home for you and your crew. If they ever add some kind of innkeeper/brewer NPC, that would be great too.

But really, can you not talk to the alchemist here over this counter?? Are there different counters I can make where you can? I think we're as close to each other as we can be!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hahaha I had that exact same problem. I ended up making him a tower in the back.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

I also find the skill tree very tedious to interact with. So many blank dots with no information that I have to hover over every time and try to interpret the description. I can get an idea of what each dot is based on position but when it comes time to actually start spending points it's a long process.

It's annoying as gently caress especially with how cheaply it is to respec. Late game, I was changing it loads and it became a total chore. Lack of zoom is also bad. Oh as is having to totally respec rather than just refund one node.
Yeah, it needs an overhaul.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yo JJ Abrams, can we tone down the lens flare a bit?

Did a small scale sequence break by flying straight into the desert from the highlands spire. Or I don't know if there's even any shroud blocking you, I just did the infinite glide with updraft to see how far I could go. Just wanted to grab the spire and return later, I barely made anywhere into Highlands yesterday, only just found some tin and made some bronze. You need a LOT of tin. But luckily I think bronze is mostly used for some tools and decorations.

My base has all the modern amenities now.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

The game is solid and has good bones. I really like that quests are the way to get new blocks, progression is mostly just the tools that let you get there.

The game has really good bones and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how it shapes up.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

TeaJay posted:

A couple of things I'd like the game could add/have:

- A craftable hip lantern, or at least a permanent wisp to provide light.

You eventually get the ability to make wisp of light potions that give you a 5-minute wisp, and the mats aren't hard to farm. Plus a decent amount of both potions & mats drop from mobs/barrels as well.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
There's no way to sleep and skip the night, right?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

RVT posted:

There's no way to sleep and skip the night, right?

When you hit the bed at night-time it accelerates time to 60x. Takes only a few seconds to finish the night and then time drops back to 1x and you start your day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It also scales based off the number of people actively in the game. If you have two people, and one goes to sleep and the other does not, it'll be 30x. Which is refreshing instead of having to call everybody home because someone doing a thing can't see poo poo at night.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Watching the moonlight shadow track across the room at 60x and then the hearing the rooster, is pretty cool.

Stumbling about on a mountain with a nearly dead torch is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like that when you play MP, one of you can go to bed and it'll speed up but only 30X.
Thought that was a nice touch.