Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Does anyone care about the pro bowl? There's no N/V thread this week, so I don't think anyone does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

sure hope the global event that kicked off shortly after the last time this matchup happened doesnt again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does anyone care about the pro bowl?

No.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/JeremySchaap/status/1752035214916714969?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I want the chiefs to beat the 49ers.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I want the chiefs to beat the 49ers.

Pretty sure that's what kicked off the pandemic the first time, soooooo maybe not?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

What the gently caress is a pro bowl

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

LiquidFriend posted:

It's the NFL's Participation Trophy.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
archetypal "rich get richer" superbowl matchup, like brady/mahomes or patriots/seahawks. not as noxious to me as something like if cowboys/patriots had happened within the past 20 years, but probably a tier below that

toss-up as to whether the game will actually be good, but it's probably in the 49ers' best interests not to spot mahomes 17 pts before the half

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LiquidFriend posted:

ahem the 2024 pro bowl games with the first event happening thursday night! 7 on 7 flag football!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

ahem the 2024 pro bowl games with the first event happening thursday night! 7 on 7 flag football!

this is what's gonna be in the olympics this year or 2028 as well?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
the chiefs have won two of the last three super bowls, whereas the 49ers have only won one of their last three, so i think it's their turn to win one.

what do you mean there are thirty other teams

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

dingo with a joint posted:

the chiefs have won two of the last three super bowls, whereas the 49ers have only won one of their last three, so i think it's their turn to win one.

what do you mean there are thirty other teams

Look if every franchise won a super bowl it wouldn't be as special.

The fantasy gods recently decided to give the Bengals and Lions just a little taste of success and then pulled the rug.

That's just how it is.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MakaVillian posted:

Pretty sure that's what kicked off the pandemic the first time, soooooo maybe not?

Maybe this pandemic will finish the job

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

proehl boehl

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
No news

No views

We're all in the void now

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

rest assured our Chinese friends are working hard on it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Q1
the 49ers will score a field goal.
the chiefs will score a touchdown.
Q2
the chiefs will score a safety.
the 49ers will score a touchdown, but the extra point will be blocked and returned for a score.
the chiefs will score a touchdown and go for two, but the ball will be intercepted and returned for a score.
the chiefs will score another safety.
Q3
the 49ers will score a safety.
the 49ers will score a touchdown.
Q4
the chiefs will score a touchdown but the extra point will be missed.
the chiefs will score a safety.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Please spoiler tag that, I want to be surprised.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

during the game the announcers will call christian mccaffrey "C-Mac" 39 times after he has asked them to help familiarize the world with his new nickname.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Tweak posted:

sure hope the global event that kicked off shortly after the last time this matchup happened doesnt again

for it to kick off again it'd had to have stopped

we'll need a completely new one to kick off and then stop caring about a year later

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Can the Lions still win the Super Bowl

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MakaVillian posted:

I remember a theory going around it wasn't worse (at first) because SF had it going around by that point and if they had a victory parade it would have kicked things off even earlier.

So the Chiefs may have saved some lives*

Ignore what this state has done since then

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does anyone care about the pro bowl? There's no N/V thread this week, so I don't think anyone does.

Hey the writers changed one thing. Part 2 of the FF7 remake releases in February this time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The337th posted:

for it to kick off again it'd had to have stopped

we'll need a completely new one to kick off and then stop caring about a year later

don't give the universe any ideas

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Putting this in two threads

https://twitter.com/joshdubowap/status/1752125724046012854?t=YM9Zlf0iCDM7UJTgwfAA7Q

Illini players who have
Howard Griffith: 12 pts
Pierre Thomas: 6 pts
Kelvin Hayden: 6 pts off a rex Grossman pick six
Neil rackers: 3 pts

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hey the writers changed one thing. Part 2 of the FF7 remake releases in February this time.

What does that mean for the pandemic release date?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m seriously looking forward to Olympic flag football but it starts in 2028 :argh:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

trevorreznik posted:

Putting this in two threads

https://twitter.com/joshdubowap/status/1752125724046012854?t=YM9Zlf0iCDM7UJTgwfAA7Q

Illini players who have
Howard Griffith: 12 pts
Pierre Thomas: 6 pts
Kelvin Hayden: 6 pts off a rex Grossman pick six
Neil rackers: 3 pts

Bart Starr went to Bama, I'm guessing they're not counting QB passes in that metric?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Abugadu posted:

Bart Starr went to Bama, I'm guessing they're not counting QB passes in that metric?

i saved the quote but i hate diggin through twitter for the tweet

Nope. I didn't miss any QBs who finished college career at Alabama who scored a point in the Super Bowl. The player who throws the TD doesn't get credit for the points. That goes to the player who gets in the end zone with the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah just kickers and people who get into the end zone is the metric I'm sure if that is an accurate tweet. Joe Namath is there too at QB.

I'm more curious if a Super Bowl had a one point safety that I'm unaware of (I'm sure it's just saying one guy from Coast Guard scored at some point). e: poo poo I guess it could just be kicking an extra point, that'd make more sense

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah just kickers and people who get into the end zone is the metric I'm sure if that is an accurate tweet. Joe Namath is there too at QB.

I'm more curious if a Super Bowl had a one point safety that I'm unaware of (I'm sure it's just saying one guy from Coast Guard scored at some point). e: poo poo I guess it could just be kicking an extra point, that'd make more sense

Curt Knight kicked one extra point. Apparently the only Coast Guard Academy player to make the NFL, much less the Super Bowl.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Excluding QB TD passes makes that a stupid stat imo

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Correct, that's what makes it cool and good to argue about

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Mega64 posted:

I don't get a lot of chances to taunt my Bama inlaws, don't take this away from me

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It would be more appropriate to say that no Bama player has ever been in the endzone to score in a superbowl OR kicked a PAT/FG.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/foxsportspr/status/1752351589954621556?s=46

didn’t people here not feel like watching the super bowl after that game too

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Vertical Lime posted:

didn’t people here not feel like watching the super bowl after that game too

People always throw fits when they don't get what they want but still watch anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/1752346829457613031

Detroit / SF had more viewers. So much for the Swifties bump