Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The tech we never knew we always needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

A woman's life is saved because the Ravens lost. That's worth it. They should lose every year to save even more people!

They should lose as much as possible, think of all the lives they’ll save!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If you actually wanna see the promo and not a useless retweet...

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1753062647770255754

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1753085807454539879

Finally.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

So we’re getting a Nick simulcast for the Super Bowl? Hmmmmm.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Peacock unquestionably bad.

Paramount+ at least has good ad directors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzk1h7qrj8

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Andrews is a king for that but why is he flying Southwest? I don't even mean from a cost perspective, he's like 6'5 250. treat your giant heroic rear end to business class brother

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Coldforge posted:

This is so stupid, I love it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That clip needs to be seen. That was so strange and funny

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They took one look at Moody and were like "yeah we need doink cam."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Coldforge posted:

This is why Tua will never win a playoff game.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

indigi posted:

Andrews is a king for that but why is he flying Southwest? I don't even mean from a cost perspective, he's like 6'5 250. treat your giant heroic rear end to business class brother

Sometimes southwest has the weird direct flight you need and the offered layovers are ridiculous.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Not built for the moment

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Me sitting here wondering what practice this doctor and nurse work in to not know to check blood sugar or use a glucometer ...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Me sitting here wondering what practice this doctor and nurse work in to not know to check blood sugar or use a glucometer ...

veterinary? :shrug:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Some at-home glucometers can be kind of odd to use accurately compared to ones used in a hospital. If you have the person there who uses it regularly and can walk you through it so you can use it as quickly as possible, it makes perfect sense to use that person's knowledge in an emergency situation.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mega64 posted:

Weak arm, can't get it done in the cold, not made for the big moment...they got him down perfect

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I didn’t know Patrick Stewart was a lefty.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Uh, you want a healthcare professional handed a random electronic medical device to either look up the instructions or have the person who knows how the medical device works tell them how it works.

These “how does this particular device work/what are the local procedures” questions are the origin of a lot “doctors don’t know anything” stuff.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Coldforge posted:

Help my brain itches now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the article is probably talking up how mark andrews explained the exact method you use with the lancet device because those are all pretty different between inserting a new lancet and dialing up a stick. then he probably said "with this meter the test strip slots into the top instead of the bottom." hero. but it is cool though. not saying he isn't a hero. just laughing that he's a hero. i hope you understand

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

hobbesmaster posted:

Uh, you want a healthcare professional handed a random electronic medical device to either look up the instructions or have the person who knows how the medical device works tell them how it works.

These “how does this particular device work/what are the local procedures” questions are the origin of a lot “doctors don’t know anything” stuff.

Two weeks ago I taught 30 EMT students how to use a basic glucometer you get from any retailer in less than 10 minutes. I'm not referring to the complicated hospital ones, these are literally "push test strip into hole and test blood". I would be shocked if he had something more complicated since you can't exactly slap your phone-linked continuous glucose monitors to someone else (they have a calibration period).

This isn't a "doctor's don't know anything" by any stretch, it's genuine curiosity since that is - again - introductory medical assessment poo poo I would expect a nurse and doctor to know.

Edit:

Cavauro posted:

the article is probably talking up how mark andrews explained the exact method you use with the lancet device because those are all pretty different between inserting a new lancet and dialing up a stick. then he probably said "with this meter the test strip slots into the top instead of the bottom." hero. but it is cool though. not saying he isn't a hero. just laughing that he's a hero. i hope you understand

You're completely right and I don't mean to downplay his role in this. Most folks would just sit and mind their business. It's cool he did something and should be praised for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's get it started i nhere

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Two weeks ago I taught 30 EMT students how to use a basic glucometer you get from any retailer in less than 10 minutes. I'm not referring to the complicated hospital ones, these are literally "push test strip into hole and test blood". I would be shocked if he had something more complicated since you can't exactly slap your phone-linked continuous glucose monitors to someone else (they have a calibration period).

This isn't a "doctor's don't know anything" by any stretch, it's genuine curiosity since that is - again - introductory medical assessment poo poo I would expect a nurse and doctor to know.

Edit:

You're completely right and I don't mean to downplay his role in this. Most folks would just sit and mind their business. It's cool he did something and should be praised for it.

yeah, that makes perfect sense for EMTs to know that given what they're expected to do in the field. It always depends, but presuming they're acute care they probably got trained on whatever machine their hospital uses and nothing else. I know that's how it worked for me, and I wo9uldn't feel at all comfortable using any other type because of it without someone walking me through it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's all try to understand each other and hold hands and get to what's important. praise the T1 TE1

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Do the Raiders get to keep these cameras or do they disappear into an NFL vault on the 12th?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gully Foyle posted:

Do the Raiders get to keep these cameras or do they disappear into an NFL vault on the 12th?

All the audio-visual gear is the networks' property.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

They'll reuse the doink cameras for Young Sheldon.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I want a Pro Bowl flag football game where skill position players are required to play the line and vice versa.

BIG MAN TDS
BIG MAN PASSES
BIG MAN KICKS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
also I watched the QB skills competition, and it was actually kind of enlightening how even the elite were only like 60% getting the ball directly on time even in a low stakes environment. It really illustrated how much they rely on talented wide receivers to make the adjustments that make things look effortless.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Why don't the winners of the pro bowl get rings.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
They could give them those Ring Pop candy rings

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
They get ringworm

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Would you wear a Pro Bowl ring in public

Or ever

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Is a Pro Bowl ring worse than a Conference Championship Ring, and is it more likely to break and reveal your involvement in aquatic crimes?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Is a Pro Bowl ring worse than a Conference Championship Ring, and is it more likely to break and reveal your involvement in aquatic crimes?

Mac Jones would have a ring if that tells you anything about the prestige level

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

indigi posted:

Southwest's big hub is BWI.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Still kind of wild to think about a guy worth tens of millions of dollars volunteering to jam himself in between a fat dude and someone holding a baby for four hours. Maybe he books a whole row I guess that would be pretty comfy even at his size

I think I have simple tastes but if I had gently caress You money I would definitely be looking to avoid flying coach ever again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I flew back from Vegas to Burbank a couple weeks ago on Southwest and sat next to Mario Lopez

admittedly he's like 5'10 but when else can I tell this story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Docjowles posted:

Still kind of wild to think about a guy worth tens of millions of dollars volunteering to jam himself in between a fat dude and someone holding a baby for four hours. Maybe he books a whole row I guess that would be pretty comfy even at his size

I think I have simple tastes but if I had gently caress You money I would definitely be looking to avoid flying coach ever again

Ochocinco went to bat defending Spirit and Frontier last night in response to this story lol