Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sometimes the last seat on a flight is the laat seat on a flight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Papercut posted:

Ochocinco went to bat defending Spirit and Frontier last night in response to this story lol

Spirit and Frontier suck rear end but it’s nice to see a professional athlete actually be frugal instead of immediately blowing all of their money on family and hangers on and jewelry scams and steakhouses and crypto.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Spirit and Frontier suck rear end but it’s nice to see a professional athlete actually be frugal instead of immediately blowing all of their money on family and hangers on and jewelry scams and steakhouses and crypto.

decent flights, business scams, parasitic relationships, crypto

one of these things is not like the other

also...'family'? just come out and say you don't get the dynamic of escaping poverty at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Family draining athletes is a big thing so I don’t know what your on about

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Family draining athletes is a big thing so I don’t know what your on about

when the actually leeching hangers on are already qualified separately, family doesn't need an acknowledgement as a negative way to use your money

unless someone actually thinks its bad to try and save others from poverty too

no poo poo it's draining on $$$ to help people out when you come from a background where everyone is suffering, it's an unfair dynamic for suddenly high income athletes to deal with when a lot of people important to them need help

doesn't make it brilliant to ignore them, lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The337th posted:

when the actually leeching hangers on are already qualified separately, family doesn't need an acknowledgement as a negative way to use your money

unless someone actually thinks its bad to try and save others from poverty too

no poo poo it's draining on $$$ to help people out when you come from a background where everyone is suffering, it's an unfair dynamic for suddenly high income athletes to deal with when a lot of people important to them need help

doesn't make it brilliant to ignore them, lol

Cool doesn’t change the fact they are draining and one of the reasons athletes end up broke.

You can style it as a noble endeavor if you want doesn’t change anything

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Cool doesn’t change the fact they are draining and one of the reasons athletes end up broke.

You can style it as a noble endeavor if you want doesn’t change anything

it's not a noble endeavor it's literally what you do for people you care about and that helped you out along the way, if you're anything less than a psychopath

stupid business ventures and not being able to draw a line on the grifters in your life is one thing but helping family is sane and rational human behavior

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

dumbass athletes complaining about finances, I'd just replace my parental and sibling relationships with more important ones like my accountant and agent

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The337th posted:

also...'family'? just come out and say you don't get the dynamic of escaping poverty at all

Agree that spending a few extra bucks on something that isn't a cargo plane with Big Wheel seats is money well spent.

I've just like, never had a problem with Southwest and they are way above the dreck that is Spirit

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Spirit is good they're ranked 2nd in satisfaction behind Delta which is godlike. Leave your basements sometimes the politics posts can wait I promise you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The337th posted:

it's not a noble endeavor it's literally what you do for people you care about and that helped you out along the way, if you're anything less than a psychopath

stupid business ventures and not being able to draw a line on the grifters in your life is one thing but helping family is sane and rational human behavior

If you believe that then there is no real reason to argue it further then, you did a noble thing, still ended up broke and in the poor house.

Intentions don’t really matter much here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spirit is good in that you get what you pay for. If you want to sit in a death tube and just "get there" without more luggage than a backpack go for it. Some people swear by them. I check my luggage and overpack like a posh spice though

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

Leave your basement

turn on your monitor

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Offseason chat already

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Done. Aw hell now I see a fail cspam gangtag

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Calling people shut in losers for mild smack talk of an airline might be the pettiest thing on these here forums

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you believe that then there is no real reason to argue it further then, you did a noble thing, still ended up broke and in the poor house.

Intentions don’t really matter much here

you either have zero grasp on generational poverty and can't even fathom what it's like to be the only person clawing out of it across multiple generations, or you have a psychopathic view of money vs. basic humanity, there's no other basis for this take

it's not noble to make sure brother/sister/mom/dad/grandma/grandma has food, meds, and a place to sleep, it's just what you do if you are human

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The337th posted:

you either have zero grasp on generational poverty and can't even fathom what it's like to be the only person clawing out of it across multiple generations, or you have a psychopathic view of money vs. basic humanity, there's no other basis for this take

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The overlap between the steakhouse and family draining is nearly a circle

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The337th posted:

it's not noble to make sure brother/sister/mom/dad/grandma/grandma has food, meds, and a place to sleep, it's just what you do if you are human

I don’t particularly care I think is the point you seem to be failing to grasp type until you are hands are nubs won’t change that

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t particularly care I think is the point you seem to be failing to grasp

drat when I don't care I don't even make several posts about it, so I'm definitely failing to grasp why you're here making posts about it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The337th posted:

drat when I don't care I don't even make several posts about it, so I'm definitely failing to grasp why you're here making posts about it

Well I keep telling you I don’t care but you don’t seem to get that so you keep posting the same tired thing thinking this time it will be different.

We get it your a noble soul take your virtue points and cash out

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I like bbq

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I keep telling you I don’t care but you don’t seem to get that so you keep posting the same tired thing thinking this time it will be different.

We get it your a noble soul take your virtue points and cash out

I suspect you care, it's actually pretty much fine to care believe it or not

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
This is the dumbest derail, and that includes my shitposts earlier.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

sorry, the pro bowl thread deserves better

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Calling people shut in losers for mild smack talk of an airline might be the pettiest thing on these here forums

look at the posts under this one

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Cavauro posted:

look at the posts under this one

I think I just got Cavaurowned

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The337th posted:

sorry, the pro bowl thread deserves better

This is genuinely funny.

A fun take, if you will.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The337th posted:

I know one of them isn’t like the other, that’s why I pointed out the contrast.

Also helping close family with money is fine and good, giving every third cousin who shows up as soon as you’re rich 100k to start their pyramid scheme business isn’t, at least if you want to keep some money. Lots of people have lovely family members, not everyone you’re blood related to deserves your help.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

wow gtfo with this bullshit. WOW.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

I support this sizzling hot take

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I know one of them isn’t like the other, that’s why I pointed out the contrast.

Also helping close family with money is fine and good, giving every third cousin who shows up as soon as you’re rich 100k to start their pyramid scheme business isn’t, at least if you want to keep some money. Lots of people have lovely family members, not everyone you’re blood related to deserves your help.

I jumped the gun thinking that distinction wasn't needed if hanger ons was covering the stereotype of the dumbass uncle who comes along with the restaurant idea that's a guaranteed success

not a fair shot at your post, unlike the dude who immediately showed up to tout the wisdom of abandoning everyone who can't fend for themselves

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I know what will unite the Pro Bowl thread and restore peace:

gently caress the Cowboys

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the pro bowl doesn't have anywhere near the carry it needs to fend off the inevitable regional bbq battle now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's been the offseason for months

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Is It possible to love BBQ AND care about your family or are they mutually exclusive things?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

Is It possible to love BBQ AND care about your family or are they mutually exclusive things?

We know Andy Reid’s answer

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

If you really cared about your family you’d want to live a long and healthy life to spend as much quality time with them as possible so you would eat only boiled chicken breast, brown rice, sweet potatos, and Greek yogurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

you gotta give them money to go gently caress off and allow quality time with your BBQ