Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He made an enormous amount of money by betting against the conservative U.K. government's monetary policy in the 90's (literally billions) and has basically been investing that money and using profits from investment to live his life and fund his pet political projects (post-apartheid charity work in South Africa, progressive political groups in Western Europe and the U.S., pro-democracy groups in Eastern Europe and Asia, giving money directly to people in Africa, informed suicide, drug legalization, funding universities in rural areas of Russia post-Communism, he established the Central European University, and he donates a ton of money to Bard college in the United States).

His donations to progressive groups and "informed suicide"/right-to-die organizations really triggered a lot of the right-wing anger and conspiracy (plus the "rich Jewish investor manipulates the banking industry" conspiracy actually was pretty close to what he did in England).

Didn’t he do that in Malaysia a few years after England too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

small butter posted:

I will keep saying this to everyone who will listen: the polls are still not predictive yet and are literal coin flips. They start to get marginally predictive around mid-April, not now, and their predictive power will increase very slowly but linearly until election day.

https://archives.cjr.org/united_states_project/its_way_too_early_for_2016_polls_to_be_predictive.php

Never forget Clinton winning by 10+ in August 2016.

Never forget the intense 2008 general election campaign between Hillary Clinton and Giuliani

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Also in Philly, there have been a rash of meat truck hijackings lately. While I'm sure the robbers take some pork for themselves, what kind of market is there for stolen bacon?

Me. I am the stolen bacon market

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Goatse James Bond posted:

Ginsburg died at 87. Sotomayor is about twenty years younger. I'm not at all sure why there's an internet meme going around that she's on the brink of death.

e: Thomas is 75, Alito is 73, Roberts is the same age as Sotomayor and the funny sex number, Kagan is 63

in practice they should all be thinking about retirement but there isn't a whole lot of reason to get mad about Sotomayor specifically

Type 1 diabetes dramatically lowers life expectancy doesn’t it?