Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheDisreputableDog posted:

We need a few thread-specific IKs or something.

This is America. We need to elect an Idiot President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Mattybee posted:

I guess if you deliberately ignore literally everything that Donald Trump has said about the Palestinian genocide, that's true!

And also his presidency, and his actions during it. The genocide has been going on for a while!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. i defiently want to read the full transcripts at this point.

Yeah, that looks written in a very pointed or misleading way, like with the debate described as "once so important to him".

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

James Garfield posted:

The special counsel is a Republican.

Oh, is this about Hunter?

e: Oh it's about what TDD was saying

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 8, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf
the first thing you should read is buried at page 384 of 388, which is the letter from Biden's lawyers putting things in their proper context.

apperently The voluntary interviews lasting 5 hours were on October 8 and 9, immediately after october 7th. so i doubt he was in best shap for it.

quote:

We are pleased to see that after more than a year of investigating, you have determined that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter.

Soundbytes aside that's what, 0 for 3 for the GOP?

James Garfield posted:

It's the classified documents. The special counsel is a Republican (I don't know why the justice department chose a Republican special counsel) so when he found no wrongdoing he did a partisan hit job instead.

Yeah, with that whole thing it's pretty obvious that's what it is now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 8, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheDisreputableDog posted:

It will, because I maintain that Haley wipes the floor with Biden in a general.

I thought you could run from jail. Isn't that what Debs did?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think everyone in this thread could do that guy's job

I mean that in the least offensive way possible. Or the most. Whichever is better for the position.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byzantine posted:

Harris would get absolutely demolished by Trump and everybody knows it, so no matter what the truth of Biden's condition is or how bad he may get, he'll be propped up to run so long as he's still technically alive. Hell, even if he's dead they might try to hide it until the Electoral College votes.

That won't work, everyone knows it's called Weekend at Bernie's

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I didn't know Jill Stein was even running this year.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So who else was convinced to vote Kennedy by the super bowl ad?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Baronash posted:

We absolutely don’t need another “does voting matter?” retread in the current events thread, especially while the Super Bowl is in OT. Make a thread if you desperately want to continue it.

Taylor Swift scored a touchdown

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Xiahou Dun posted:

Having math education not be absolute poo poo wouldn't hurt either.

This is part of the reason the odds are stuff like+1500 and -1000 now right

I'm tired of hearing about sports bets in every single event for every possible thing already. It even came up in BattleBots for a bit lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I always forget that Bernie's older than Joe or Trump

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We need to know about the emerging swifty threat

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BonoMan posted:

It's probably one of 3 things:

1.) Russia getting stupidly close to irrational nuke use.
2.) Russia is getting awesome at AI and will disrupt the election even further this time
3.) Russia has successfully infiltrated most of our infrastructure

3 wouldn't be surprising, there's been alerts about vulnerabilities for decades now, especially with power grids

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bet it's anti-satellite weaponry now; there's been rumbling about that before too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

B B posted:

I think we call Genocide Joe "Genocide Joe" because he's the one actively participating in the genocide and preventing the UN from calling for a ceasefire. As far as we know, Donald Trump isn't currently providing any material support in the way that Joe Biden continues to do. I am sure that if Donald Trump manages to win the presidency from Joe Biden and provides material support to the genocide, you'll see people criticizing Donald Trump with similar language.

It was just a week ago people were continuing to call him Donald the Dove, I wouldn't expect language around Trump to change at this point.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 20, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

zoux posted:

Trump literally has a settlement named after him

The U is crooked

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I don't have the numbers handy, do we know how many Palestinians were genocided during the Trump presidency vs. during the Biden presidency?

https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties

This doesn't include demolitions or anything, but Al Jazeera has info on that for 2020 for context: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/4/reckless-israel-shot-dead-at-least-27-palestinians-in-2020

The genocide was ongoing since before 2016, but escalated last year after October.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

This is all of course true, the genocide has been going on for 75 years at least, but didn't it see a pretty major escalation after October 2023?

Yes, or at least the bombings did, but that wasn't due to any policy change on the US's behalf.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The big problem is "The Genocide Don" sounds like a title Trump would actually like to have.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Senate Cum Dump posted:

Joe Biden is Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, brutally oppressing the indigenous peoples of the desert to maintain his wealthy empire ruled from the polluted hellscape of Giedi Prime where the common people are cruelly exploited. Also, a rapist.

Beast Rabban did most of the brutal oppressing really

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What word do you suppose they put into the ai prompt to describe Trump's hands?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rscott posted:

IDK dude, it seems pretty reductive to boil the situation down to where the only choices are that Palestinians die hungry or full. Perhaps there's another way forward?

No, we tried a third way before and I don't think people were happy with it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rscott posted:

lmao you're as wet and dewy eyed over a temporary port in Gaza as any neocon was over the prospect of nation building in Iraq circa 2003 and both prospects are equally absurd. Gaza had a port once as I am sure you already know, Israel destroyed it. When this finally ends and if (big if in my opinion) Palestinians are allowed to remain in Gaza, whatever infrastructure remains from that temporary port is going to get bombed into oblivion at the first perceived provocation from whatever government rules Gaza.

Wouldn't we just take it with us when we leave?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Internet left has been fully captured by the right.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some of his stories are obviously exaggerations or lies for a big fish story, but it is still hilarious that the corn pop story was actually true and 100% verifiable.

Wait, it was?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

zoux posted:

Yeah, after everyone was like "Sure grandpa whatever" reporters descended on the neighborhood in question and people were like "Oh yeah Corn Pop, he was a real guy and I remember when the Biden thing happened."

Lmao amazing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean thats how it always is. life is weird as hell sometimes.

idk why but i also want to picture corn pop and his gang dressed up in like mock roman armor like cesars legion or the warrirors.

"listen here jack, i saved the pool from Corn Pops legion".

Ave. True to Kellogg.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"They get bitter, they cling to vapes or tiktok,"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

All social media must be destroyed, this is a good start

Forums excluded, of course

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We can continue to dream, anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Staluigi posted:

swear to god im like out getting shopping done and you got seven 2 year olds next to each other watching unbroken hours of this poo poo

and i'm like oh no the luddites got a bad break

If you open up the description it goes straight to a set of lovely jumpscare videos "remixing" this lol

We need to return to the days of IRC

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

selec posted:

They need to do a follow-up post that tells their constituents to absolutely not go read any of @dril's tweets about Palestine.

What's dril said about Palestine?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Joe Lieberman was right. Mortal Kombat IS badass.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

selec posted:

I suspect in the long-term the view on Havana Syndrome is going to fall into the same bucket as our now-mostly-forgotten panic about brainwashed Korean War vets. Something that reflects our own insecurities about our own society and inability paper over the contradictions of being the center of the empire yet feeling the creepy sensation that we don’t have the market cornered on being decent people, and might not be decent at all.

At least we'll get a pretty good movie out of it then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byzantine posted:

The Russians don't have access to mind control devices after Yuri split off to form his own faction.

Have we checked the moon to make sure Stalin isn't attacking us with Havana lasers from the one place uncorrupted by capitalism? Did the Space Force even try?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

KillHour posted:

Please tell me this is intentional and means "none (of) ya business"

After the "Attackems" I'll believe any dumbass acronym now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

koolkal posted:

We're at the point that the NYTimes and other national news orgs, various natsec officials, Bush era shitheads, Morning Joe guests and hosts, voters, senators, Republicans, Trump, protesters are all criticizing Biden for being a weak pathetic genocidal sack of poo poo and posters ITT are still working under the fairy tale that this is actually Biden's plan to win the election by holding onto the pro-Israel vote.

Even the man's own wife is criticizing him lmao

I've got a feeling that Biden isn't all that concerned about convincing the Republicans to vote for him in the election, to be honest, much less Trump in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess I was wrong! I recall leftists saying in the past that Democrats need to reach out to the right's voters more, though I can't say I'm pleased someone took their advice.