Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Great OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

WarpedLichen posted:

The mods were probably still work shopping their 400 word OP through committee in an attempt to contain the clusterfuck that will be this year.

There Will Be Probes

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Very concerning, looking into it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
For comparison the DNC raised $97m in 2023Q4

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

zoux posted:

I mean I have no doubt the money men can turn on the spigots when they want but that still shows a shocking lack of donor buy in for the year leading up to the election.

Yep, there's probably no better indicator that you will definitely turn out to vote than being a donor.

Well, maybe having a MAGA tattoo or being in the KKK, but y'know what I mean

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The median new American car weighs half a tonne more than a European car. That would be worth a lol if it didn't directly mean a whole lot of kids getting their skulls crushed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sliwa's been a violent racist thug for like...over half a century? And everyone in NYC is just like "hehe thats our Curtis, only in New York baby"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
drat, never thought I'd live to see Bradley Whitford actually land a burn

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Xombie posted:

The thing is that it is indiscernible from the pre-2016 election. "Biden is old and dementia-riddled" was the entire argument against him, and he won anyway.

Biden didn't compete in that election.

And see, because I can remember that piece of information, I can also remember that Beau Biden died in 2015. With this intense level of recall I should run for President or at least get a bye into the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Morrow posted:

Like, I don't know how someone like Silwa or MTG manages. I read a blurb about their day and it sounds exhausting.

The answer is drugs isn't it?

Yeah, when anyone does some poo poo that is completely inexplicable the answer is often stupidity and/or hella drugs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

theCalamity posted:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1756685744356172144

86% think that Biden is too old and he is. This includes 59% who think both Biden and Trump are too old and they are. 27% believes that only Biden is too old and not Trump.

So we're zoning in on the precise age where you shouldn't be President. 80? Honestly makes sense to me, even though I'd personally say 65

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Morrow posted:

It literally consisted of nothing but the word Kennedy flashing on the screen over and over.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barrel Cactaur posted:

If you want to test if your vulnerable to gambling addiction tactics see how long you'll sit in front of vampire survivor or a video of it. Its literally made by an ex slot machine programmer/visual designer.

I just looked at a trailer for this game and lol. It's a thin veneer of crap graphics over what is essentially a lab monkey moving a joystick that's hardwired into their dopaminergic neurons. I could feel myself developing Parkinson's just looking at it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

zoux posted:

You may or may have not heard that there was an attempted mass shooting at Lakewood Church in Houston (Osteen's church) on Sunday. The discourse on this one is going to be intolerable, as the perpetrator ended up being a trans woman with "Free Palestine" written on her AR-15. She was stopped by "good guys with guns", so this will perfectly slot into the conservative narrative on guns and mass shootings. (That the off duty cops returning fire likely shot a child who is not expected to survive will be omitted of course).

Fox is already visibly erect over it

Hmmmm, this is bad for the brand.

:ughh:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Harris, newsom, whitmer, Shapiro, pritsker, Pete, probably someone from from the squad, probably warren again, maybe bernie, probably more or some unknowns.

Much as I'd love it, Bernie will be 87 in 2028 and he's already lost the primary twice and had a heart attack the last time. Sadly, Pritzker might be the best hope there...

zoux posted:

This isn't relevant to the general discussion but this reminds me about something I've long wondered: are there other countries where "states" or whatever they call their federalized administrative zones, have as much autonomy as the US?

The EU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

haveblue posted:

US states have vastly more autonomy than administrative subdivisions of any other country. When we say the US is actually an alliance rather than a single nation, we're only half kidding

Yeah historically speaking the US can look more like some kind of weird mercantile alliance like the Hanseatic League than a distinct country with a unified culture and legislature. I wan't kidding with the EU comparison.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That lady doesn't make smart decisions. Like, in a sane world, she should be able to sell her butt videos online and be a teacher, but given that she was already a lightning rod for right wing hatred this seems kind of... inevitable

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol feels like Johnson is doing that as a joke. But then he himself is a dumbass so who knows

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Bidens team expertly played both sides of the "one-term President" gambit. He never endorsed the concept outright, but as the links above show it was a running theme prior to his announcement, and then while he was running there were frequent articles about Biden being a "bridge to the future" of the "next generation of leaders". Honestly they threaded the needle there amazingly well

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Push El Burrito posted:

Trump's age is, like, #8 on the list of reasons he shouldn't be president. With Biden it's the only thing they can really hit him on because he's kind of boring otherwise.

They tried the Biden Crime Family stuff but other than his son being an idiot there just wasn't much there.

Nothing there but a sick metal song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJLtHqPA1E

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I really don't understand why Democrats insist on fighting "fair" when Republicans are completely shameless about gerrymandering. The WI map also could have been more D leaning if they wanted. Even Robin Vos is counting it as something of a win since it's basically the most R leaning map that was under consideration. Ideally gerrymandering would be banned altogther by a constitutional amendment, but since that's never going to happen why not fight fire with fire?

This is just asking "Why Are Democrats?"- their whole deal is a slavish, self-immolating commitment to imagined Sorkin-ite ideals that were never actually the bipartisan consensus.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dietrich posted:

Which one is Laura again? I thought it was Ivanka, Junior and Eric.

And Tiffany and Lurch

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The party is also cancelling a planned "election autopsy" to determine what went wrong in 2020 and 2022 for the party.

:yeshaha: literally Never Change, GOP

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

haveblue posted:

If banning cell phones will accelerate production on Dune 3 I'm all for it

Might as well get a headstart on the Butlerian Jihad

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Artificial Kid posted:

Yeah with uncommitted skyrocketing from 12% to 14% Biden has no choice but to pick up the phone to the leader of the uncommitted movement and bow to their demands.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

So you’re saying the change in “uncommitted” percentage from 2012 to now is within Biden’s 2020 margin of victory in the state?

No, I'm saying Joe Biden won Michigan by 150k votes in 2020

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yeah with uncommitted skyrocketing from 12% to 14% Biden has no choice but to pick up the phone to the leader of the uncommitted movement and bow to their demands.

This post is humorously implying that the Biden campaign doesn't have to give a poo poo about the Uncommitted voters or their concerns. I don't believe that's true based on the 2020 margins.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

loving lol, he's Big Mad even by his standards

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

shimmy shimmy posted:

puppermaster defense.

:yooge: LIKE A DOG

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zwabu posted:

My parents are older than Biden, see doctors regularly, and have never had cognitive screening done.

How many nuclear launch platforms do they command?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

zoux posted:

They say it's up to congress

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1764606248891170940

At long last, the pivot (he was claiming the election was stolen this weekend)

Trump, Interrupted

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BRJurgis posted:

There is no other pill to take...

So swallow the one that makes you ill:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E: nvm. Not relevant2thread

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bubbacub posted:

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1761485064972496948?s=20

I can't tell if he's trying to crack a joke or not. It's at least a little bit funny if so, but probably not.

He has never been intentionally funny, and never not been unintentionally funny.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm a certified Double Hater (see gang tag for some proof), and I originally thought that quote was from Trump and thought "huh that sounds pretty coherent actually", so yeah it's fine.

There's plenty of times where Biden called him "Presineld Trunt" or called Obama "President That Guy" etc., you don't need to make up poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tiny Timbs posted:

Confirmed CSPAM Trump thread poster

:yikes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

zoux posted:

No! the fool Biden is revealing our hover troop capabilities!

Biden's Sardaukar

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

They should get Das Racist to write a new song to celebrate the combination International House O' Bees

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

zoux posted:

I guess she just choked

LIKE A DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I wish I could see how virile and authoritative Joe Biden really is, but sadly my eyes have been clouded by Republican propaganda so I have to witness the grim spectacle of a shuffling, whispering marionette thirsting for icecream and genocide.