Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I get probed for 15 minutes every time I make a thread, probably just a coincidence though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mooseontheloose posted:

The Idiot Electoral College - each subforum is allotted votes to vote a Idiot President for USCE.

I will vote for the person who will personally probe chain the people I don't like. In no way will this come back to haunt me.

This seems really unfair and dilutes the power of the high-population forums

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gently caress you Zuckerberg, not for letting your search tool return CSAM, but for making me cheer on Ted Cruz

(also for letting your search tool return CSAM)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sinema is like the Civil War

When you have a basic familiarity with her, you know she’s an idiot

When you research her actions, you know she is enacting a subtle, carefully planned scheme to gain personal wealth and power at the expense of Democratic national priorities

When you fully understand the life and career of this woman, you know she’s an idiot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:kratos:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did Oregon close the loophole that allowed the walkouts to be effective?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mrchoupon posted:

We had a ballot initiative (Measure 113) in 2022 which passed by over 68% that prohibits members of congress from running for re-election after their current term if they have 10 or more absences.

The wording was challenged by the Republicans but the intent of the initiative was pretty clear. Some are challenging it in federal court but I don’t think it’s going to go any better for them.

I mean, did you change a quorum to be 50%+1 rather than somewhat more than that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mobby_6kl posted:

I wish Biden was as much of a warmonger as some people make him out to be and had nuked Russia already

I, too, wish to live in the Mad Max movies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Randalor posted:

The last part sounds like it's saying that having the "wrong" gender on your license at any point means they can go after you for fraud, not just when you apply for a new license.

It sounds like you could get in trouble if the gender marker on your license doesn’t match the gender marker on your other identifying documents. Or if a cop thinks your gender marker and presentation don’t match

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought it was always the plan to use a different sequence each time? They don’t want anyone to be First In The Nation permanently and forever (other than New Hampshire, until they change their state laws)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget that a lot of Democratic voters do want something to be done about the border without giving much thought to what exactly, so telling them "we tried to do something about the border, but Republicans stopped us" is actually what they want to hear

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Eric Cantonese posted:

What does the House GOP have against Andy Milonakis again?

As the head of Homeland Security, the immigration/border buck is supposed to stop with him. I don’t remember exactly what he was accused of, but they wanted a scalp and weren’t that picky

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Caros posted:

The daily beast story on this is wild and I cannot fathom what the gently caress even happened here.

Like I *get* wohl's previous grifts. They were stupid and the guy should be in prison but the through line is absolutely there in a way that makes sense in a very stupid way. Elizabeth Warren's bdsm slave? Stupid, but I get what they are going for.

This one is just bizarre. They 'entrapped' a guy with a regular rear end tinder date in which he did nothing wrong, likely committed some form of crime (false imprisonment) in wrongfully holding him, didn't seem to understand that their own scam made no sense and then blasted this guy to his landlord, employer and everyone else they could as a sex pest.

Even though, by their own whack-rear end theory, coming to meet a 16 year old (which he didn't do) wouldn't even technically be a crime.

They just randomly ruined this guy's life for no understandable reason.

I guess he's the personification of the "to own the libs" joke. Just do a bunch of random dumb poo poo that causes a ton of collateral damage and then declare the libs owned

quote:

Anyways if you want some nostalgic laughs here is a good documentary (part 1 even) about how hosed Jacob Wohl is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggVHtOwq64

This was posted two years ago. How is he still doing this today

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

all natural persons “are equal before the law and have inalienable rights, among which are the right to enjoy and defend life and liberty, to pursue happiness, to be rewarded for industry, and to acquire, possess and protect property.”

I feel like ruling that children are identical to adults and may not receive special treatment or abridgment of rights under the law may have some repercussions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

My favorite mini-storyline of NYC politics is that a Republican mayoral candidate promised to kill a cat if he had to make a choice on whether to kill a cat or slow down a MTA train.

Joe “Kitten Killer” Lhota. A name that will live in infamy

In the same incident, Anthony Weiner promised to personally climb onto the tracks to rescue cats. Unfortunately he’s no longer in politics for unrelated reasons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Eric Cantonese posted:

I thought it was just in the first Tobey Maguire one.

In the second one a subway car full of New Yorkers promise they won't tell anyone about his secret identity when Doc Ock rips his mask off during a fight

You know that poo poo would be on youtube in 30 seconds and CNN in 30 minutes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Killer robot posted:

The cell phone I bought in early 2004 was a pretty cheap model and had a camera.

But oh boy the pain of getting its postage stamp pictures off the phone and onto the internet.

All you had to do was load up the photo posting site's WAP version, select the photo, and after only 15 minutes of uploading, your photo is online! Then at the end of the month you pay an extra $30 for all the bandwidth you used

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Reminds me of the Justice League episode where Luthor bodyjacked the Flash and had no idea who the secret identity was

One of the funniest moments in that show's whole run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl9LltXH6fg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's just the nature of comic books existing at the intersection of art and business. If you want to make a permanent change to the universe, or reach a moral conclusion that forecloses future storytelling, you can always do a limited series outside of continuity

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the third Nolan movie, Batman's career of going out and beating up thugs has left his body a complete wreck

All the interesting Batman stories explore how he's actually a deeply hosed up and suffering individual

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Arkham Batman also rams dudes off the road at 80 (with or without a car of their own) and they’re fine

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BonoMan posted:

Whoa he's getting spicy

Yeah he is pissed at the accusation he forgot when his son died

Also the remarks were 75% making GBS threads on Trump, lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why is Biden wrapped up in Trump's classified documents debacle anyway, or does Biden have his own issues with classified stuff?

Yes, this is all happening because he was just investigated for the same sort of thing and the report was released earlier

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The prepared remarks were OK, getting baited into speaking extemporaneously about Gaza was a mistake

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did hear it and that was in the portion I described as a mistake

Memes are powerful but lol if you think there was anything in there they weren’t already going to throw at him, evidence or not

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

So should those of us who don't want to live under a fascist dictatorship commit suicide now or after the inevitable election of Trump?

You don’t need a whole lot of prep to commit suicide in 2025 America so at least wait to see how the election actually goes first

And remember that early calls often get amended or retracted. You have until January even if the worst happens

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Morrow posted:

Like, I don't know how someone like Silwa or MTG manages. I read a blurb about their day and it sounds exhausting.

The answer is drugs isn't it?

Sliwa is 69 (nice) and has been doing this for his whole adult life, he's set in his ways. No idea what MTG or Boebert's excuse is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FistEnergy posted:

I have no idea and neither do you. That's in the future and no one can know for sure

Why are you giving Trump way more leeway than Biden on this? We got 4 years of both of them. This might have flown in 2016 but Trump now has a record and it's not a good one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Failboattootoot posted:

There is no guarantee that whoever comes post trump can generate the cult of personality that Trump has in order to get people to enact (more) violence in order to bring in a real autocracy.

Trump could probably keep his movement together by anointing a successor, but he's not going to do that, because he's Trump

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I guess they’ll do the endorsement after the trophy presentation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Google Jeb Bush posted:

feeling like the secretary of defense should stop inserting objects into his orifices

He badly misunderstood the briefing on explosively formed penetrators

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's on your phone and you get told to use it every commercial break of every game. There's no way that hasn't caused a huge boom in usage

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Josef bugman posted:

The one I keep getting it stock market gambling ads. Which, to me at last, seem insanely predatory and completely insane.

Why would you make a bet on stock market behavior when you can just... buy stocks?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah this is going to be a Discourse shitstorm the likes of which we haven't seen in a good long while

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel like the DARE generation growing up to push a widespread and often successful weed legalization movement is de facto proof that it failed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We gotta expand that market, that’ll bring the prices down. Basic economics

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Biden is going to set new presidential record by winning a majority of the votes and re-election while also having majority disapproval

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zwabu posted:

So is the Santos replacement race happening today? Anyone have any news? I listened to some NYT podcast that said it was super close because IMMIGRATION and the GOP candidate being some ultra Zionist.

We had s decent amount of snow fall overnight, which may depress in-person turnout.

The GOP candidate is Mazi Pilip, who as a child went to Israel to escape the Ethiopian civil war. Both her and Democrat candidate Tom Suozzi are vocal Israel supporters. As for IMMIGRATION, Pilip wants to ~build the wall~ and Suozzi supported the immigration deal that fell apart.

This district elected Suozzi 3 times, but he chose not to run in 2020, which is how Santos slipped in

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
After failing to impeach Biden for something his son did, they'll try impeaching him for something their own presidential candidate did. Interesting strategy

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm don't live that close to this district, but I've seen a ridiculously low amount of advertising or news coverage for this race. I'm a bit nervous about the outcome.

I hope this is true.

You must not watch much TV (wise choice). I've seen a lot of anti-Pilip ads, mostly hitting her pro-life position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
US states have vastly more autonomy than administrative subdivisions of any other country. When we say the US is actually an alliance rather than a single nation, we're only half kidding