Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's Morning Consult. Their state polls have always been wacky.

Their own general election poll also has Biden leading nationally by 2, which is absolutely not possible if he is losing every state by 5-10.

Their Pennsylvania numbers are 10.5 points off from the two most recent other polls of PA.

https://www.politicspa.com/poll-biden-leads-trump-casey-holds-edge-on-mccormick/130944/

I don't buy that politicspa poll. There's no way McCormick is over performing Trump here. That dude lost to Mehmet loving Oz in the primary 2 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

koolkal posted:

That might lend some credence to his strength in a general election though. Losing in a primary means you are less appealing to the base, which in this case is insane.

I imagine most people don't know anything about McCormick beyond him working for a hedge fund.

To be fair, he did only lose to Oz by like 950 votes out of 1.3 million cast.

But it was very funny watching Fetterman, a man who had legit brain damage, go on to crush Oz in the general lol

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Watch the documentary Goldeneye starring Pierce Brosnan. You move the nuke into position and detonate it in space to create an EMP that destroys all satellites/electronic devices in a large area.

I find the documentary starring Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland to be much more enlightening.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol feels like Johnson is doing that as a joke. But then he himself is a dumbass so who knows

I really hope Raskin is involved on the defense side just so he can continously torch marge

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Rep. Andy Ogles(R-TN) has asked the Speaker to open an inquiry into Intelligence Committee Chair Mike Turner (R-OH) for his "reckless" approach to announcing the Russia space nuke national security threat.

Holy poo poo they are eating their own...

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Somehow that undersells the charges, he was trafficking Weapons-Grade Plutonium! :psyduck:

Where the gently caress does a person acquire that? Like, that poo poo is supposed to be controlled very strictly. And how does one smuggle it? Shove it up your rear end? That would end well.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Morrow posted:

Honestly I trust the dog.

Dogs don't lie. It looks like Commander is a Very Good Boy and should get extra treats and belly rubs for protecting his master.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

:confused:

The dog thing is entirely inconsequential and not part of anyone's political schemes except for bored reporters and right-wingers desperate to find something, anything to criticize about Biden that doesn't sound completely insane.

Inconsequential, maybe. However, I'm down for a weekend of wall to wall coverage of Commander's Hilarious West Wing Hijinks.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

VorpalBunny posted:

I wonder if this means Mitch doesn't think the GOP can take back the Senate. I mean, WV is a pickup but does he think everywhere else holds? It doesn't make sense to step down when you have a chance to take back control. Unless he is being selfless (hah!) and is pulling a Pelosi to groom his successor.

I'm guessing he may have an illness that he hasn't disclosed yet.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

MTG has filed a motion to Vacate the Chair. HAHA

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Yiggy posted:

Wapo says because not filed with advance notice vote will be in 16 days.

I feel like she withdraws it under pressure eventually if nothing else. House chaos now seems like a disaster. Maybe she thinks if they wrench it all now it’ll utterly kill certain priorities like Ukraine funding. Idk waiting or more reporting from some rules mavens to get a better idea.

Yeah she didn't file it as a privileged motion, which would have to be acted on within 2 legislative days. This one will go to committee, where it will die. That's a good thing because then the Democrats don't have to be on record saving Johnson's rear end.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

zoux posted:

Judge brutally roasted him for like 10 minutes too

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1773375648704147461

I can't imagine who on Earth might have put this judge into "I'm not taking anymore loving poo poo" mode recently????

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

TheDoublePivot posted:

This is the same judge that was on the Donziger case? One can only speculate.

He's the judge who presided over the E Jean Carroll defamation stuff

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Sephyr posted:

The guy that got his bail posting reduced by 2/3rds and got an extra 10 days for no reason? Yeah, seems like the judge is really sticking it to him alright. Such consequences!

Wrong judge. That was Engoron who imposed the half billion bond. This is the judge that keeps slapping him for defaming E Jean Carrol

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Looks like abortion will be on the ballot in Arizona come November:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4570793-backers-arizona-abortion-amendment-say-have-signatures-for-ballot/

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

haveblue posted:

Is there some rule that one gets to pick first and the other can't pick until that happens and has to avoid that date? Like, a law, not a tradition

The party that holds the White House by tradition holds their convention last. Which surprises me that the MAGA RNC hasn't changed theirs just to buck tradition.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Hogan's 2 gubernatorial elections were also during midterm years. Presidential years are a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

While noodling around trying to find info on that poll from other accounts that focus on polling I came across this one:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1780660371495203132

Small sample size, but of likely voters. When all registered voters are asked, Baldwin is up by 5.

Not surprising really. Wisconsin is about as 50/50 as a state can get.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

The DEA really missed the boat by not proposing the rescheduling of marijuana on 4/20. Would it have killed them to make that announcement 10 days earlier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Actual article since nobody has posted it yet.

Shouldn't the AP style guide say, "an historic shift" instead of "a historic" in the headline?

https://x.com/AP/status/1785355350721376726

Sorry, I was posting from my phone.