Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

While I do understand moving isn't simple, costs money and maybe you have family you care about that really doesn't prevent me from thinking less of you as a person. If you're wondering "is x wastelands" does your state tend to be ranked high when looking at maps of bad things? Do you interact with roving road gangs trying to steal your resources daily? (cops don't count). Are you wearing shoulder pads and/or spikes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

can i have some water please?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

posting in an Americans Only thread

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think owning a dune buggy would be pretty cool.

Welded on armor plates are optional.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This thread is a day late and a dollar short

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I think owning a dune buggy would be pretty cool.

Welded on armor plates are optional.

I don't think you should treat safety features as optional.

edit: Although an argument could be made the extra speed gained by not having the armor plates is better to have.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 31, 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

op, can you list some wastelands for the non americans in the thread? and i can google where they are and what they look like. or maybe post some pics of said wastelands :thanks:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Look, if you know a better place to source football padding and S&M casualwear for daily convoy raiding I'm all ears (literally I have numerous vestigial ears covering my back where the gamma rays hit)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
this is just hiver propaganda

the wastes are perfectly fine. Quiet, safe, and the commute to fresh water isn't packed with howling cannibals this time of year

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

op, can you list some wastelands for the non americans in the thread? and i can google where they are and what they look like. or maybe post some pics of said wastelands :thanks:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952517 lots of them here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

yep, just look up this place called "Ontario"

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's pretty simple you pick any metric that most people would consider bad and you find a map measuring it per capita. Gun violence, teen pregnancy etc. The ones that tend to have more of the bad metrics and less of the good ones are wastelands. The ones that tend to have more good metrics and less bad ones aren't. To simplify New England and the West Coast aren't, everything else is probably at the very least suspect.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 31, 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

yep, just look up this place called "Ontario"

oh wow, an LA suburb. yep, pretty dire. thanks for sharing

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I can't imagine being stupid enough to live in Texas.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Duck and Cover posted:

I can't imagine being stupid enough to live in Texas.

further proof of how awful and dumb all my exes are!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

tough talk from a guy who practically lives in the leper colony

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The wastelands part of the map is cyberpunk was dumb why would I want to play in that instead of cool megacity

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

waterfront property on the salton sea

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Well now you can’t use my makeshift helicopter that I use to drop rocks on guys in s and m football pads. You can’t even wear the goggles it’s too late.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think we can all agree that America will be better once Florida is completely underwater.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

If you're wondering "is x wastelands" does your state tend to be ranked high when looking at maps of bad things? Do you interact with roving road gangs trying to steal your resources daily? (cops don't count). Are you wearing shoulder pads and/or spikes?

yeah but weed's legal now so it's a cool and doom metal wasteland instead of a lame hans zimmer wasteland

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Isn't every land, technically speaking, a "waste land" because it is built upon eons of earthworms making GBS threads the very topsoil that people built upon :thunk:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

Not OP, but...Belgium.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wasteland weekend is a lot of fun, op. i’ll get you hooked up with the death guild if you want to go

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

New england is a p great place these days now that weed is legal in all the states except for new hampshire but they kinda suck anyways

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I would like society to improve somewhat....

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

New england is a p great place these days now that weed is legal in all the states except for new hampshire but they kinda suck anyways

Yeah I was tempted to make an exception for New Hampshire but I'm not sure they qualify as wastelands. It might not be too far gone to write off although, live free or die.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I would like society to improve somewhat....

Sure me too that's why I am in favor of mocking those who live in such shitholes. LOL you live in Austin? Nice power grid you got LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'm not a wastelander but my uncle helps attach cages, spikes, plate armor, etc to wasteland vehicles in exchange for canned goods and my dad let me help out at his shop one time when my mom was out of town and it was actually really chill

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JUST WALK AWAY

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Wastelands huh?

How radioactive are you OP?

My geigar counter is going off the charts!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i live in a town house

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SIDS Vicious posted:

i live in a town house

Is the town house on wheels with cool guitar guys and flames?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Oh please you can't pretend Alberta doesn't exist

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The cold wastelands are superior, as roadkill and other carcasses keep for a long time.
Plus, you can store water in ice caches.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

redshirt posted:

JUST WALK AWAY

Goons don't have a great track record with this.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

get outta here or we'll shoot u with our guns op

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

numberoneposter posted:

waterfront property on the salton sea

Driving past it for the first time my brother and I could only think of that movie with Val Kilmer(?) and the character with the nose rotted off from snorting so many drugs.

It all made sense.

"We should stop if we see a cafe!"
"No"
"Yeah! We should!"
"No"
"Um, actually you are right."

Thank god we had a full tank of gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER