Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
every stripe of the flag should have a URL on it and there needs to be QR codes at the bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

waterfront property on the salton sea

Internetjack posted:

Driving past it for the first time my brother and I could only think of that movie with Val Kilmer(?) and the character with the nose rotted off from snorting so many drugs.

It all made sense.

"We should stop if we see a cafe!"
"No"
"Yeah! We should!"
"No"
"Um, actually you are right."

Thank god we had a full tank of gas.

The Salton Sea is the movie. My buddy and I got violently high and he insisted that we watch it. He told me it was about pirates :(

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the salton sea sounds like a fun weird place to stop, but it certainly doesn’t smell like one

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Vampire Panties posted:

The Salton Sea is the movie. My buddy and I got violently high and he insisted that we watch it. He told me it was about pirates :(

Strangely, I was also violently high when I watched it; and when I drove past it. I think meth heads and dealers are the modern version of pirates; just no boats, or swords. Just meth and guns.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Internetjack posted:

Strangely, I was also violently high when I watched it; and when I drove past it. I think meth heads and dealers are the modern version of pirates; just no boats, or swords. Just meth and guns.

:allears:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

slab city is pretty cool though. worth a visit a least if you have the ability to hang out with crusties without being stabbed

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i had never heard of the salton sea until last month and am currently getting baader meinhoffed outta my mind about it since

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

redshirt posted:

JUST WALK AWAY

Just WALK away

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

An official from the capital came to us offering money to restore our river port. Soon the Rusty Reavers will rule the waves.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hey corn fuckers you aren't welcome here or anywhere. No not people who actually gently caress corn, I'm fine with that. What gets me are there people who live in states dominated by corn fields. LOLOLOL can you imagine?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Hey corn fuckers you aren't welcome here or anywhere. No not people who actually gently caress corn, I'm fine with that. What gets me are there people who live in states dominated by corn fields. LOLOLOL can you imagine?

But where else will we get a massive, for some reason subsidized, surplus of corn that we then have to find all sorts of alternate uses for?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Iowa and Nebraska got you dawg

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Duck and Cover posted:

We thrive amidst the stalks. The corn gives us spiritual power beyond your wildest dreams.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The wastelnd is actually all the friends we made along the way

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Saalkin posted:

The wastelnd is actually all the fiends we made along the way

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

We thrive amidst the stalks. The corn gives us spiritual power beyond your wildest dreams.

Are you on vacation or something? Corn is not fiber. Well I mean it has fiber but it's not the right kind of a fiber.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I’m getting really tired of all this corn negativity

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

The wastelnd is actually all the friends we made along the way

:shobon:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Duck and Cover posted:

Are you on vacation or something? Corn is not fiber. Well I mean it has fiber but it's not the right kind of a fiber.

You will never be in the presence of The Maize-Father! His mysteries are not for outlanders!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If you have more megachurchs than the average IQ of your citizens then you may be part of the wastelands! If Cracker Barrel is considered haute cusine then you may be part of the wastelands. If you didn't even have a vague idea of what I meant by "haute cuisine" you then you may be in the wastelands.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I have been to both the Salton Sea and Slab City. A dude on a moto rolled up while looking at the hyper cube and my aunt got super scared but he was just some tourist like us, in her Mercedes ML63 AMG.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I’m getting really tired of all this corn negativity

that's the tragedy of corn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

numberoneposter posted:

I have been to both the Salton Sea and Slab City. A dude on a moto rolled up while looking at the hyper cube and my aunt got super scared but he was just some tourist like us, in her Mercedes ML63 AMG.

perfection :discourse:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Some times I'm tempted by Utah's cookie and soda stores but then I remember that they're in Utah.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Be careful of the Momons if you go to Utah.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I confess, I have no idea how to fix a hot rod.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nooner posted:

The wastelands part of the map is cyberpunk was dumb why would I want to play in that instead of cool megacity

perhaps the same could be said of the northern 2/3rds of the map of gta 5. they really should have had a city at the top

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They could call it Top City.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Do you think people in the wastelands eat people food or cans of dog food? I mean food meant to be eaten by people not food made of people.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duck and Cover posted:

Do you think people in the wastelands eat people food or cans of dog food? I mean food meant to be eaten by people not food made of people.

....really wish you clarified this earlier

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm back from the wastelands.

Y'all ever been to a Dust Orgy? Shits wild.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

cat food’s the way to go. it’s got all that taurine to keep you going

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Walls or nuclear weapons? Wait I know biological that's probably the cheapest, tell those dumb fucks that masks aren't manly; problem solved.

Edit: Wait no it'd be more effective to tell them the truth but be really really condescending about it.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 2, 2024

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Think you might die out there. My conolosice.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
My wife’s brother is always putting on this hokey wastelander patois. “What would a Water-Sot know of fortrue blood trouble? Your pink and trembly kind only vote NeoDemocrat because you wake late each day spurred by fear of chewing the root of toil and knowing its revelation from gut upwards!” Yeah, ok, Frances, we all know you grew up in Mega District Seven like the rest of us.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Show them Waterworld.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Treecko posted:

Show them Waterworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008