Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
BRB, moving to a place duck and cover approves of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Treecko posted:

Dennis Hopper died so I'm not scared.

He's waiting for you

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Ok bring it on?

I'll triple weild chainsaws.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Please I am just a humble brutal

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Looks like a good place for children. Wild, feral children.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the boomerang kid mouse holing his way through the houses and ambushing idiots to protect the ???

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

the boomerang kid mouse holing his way through the houses and ambushing idiots to protect the ???

THE AQUA COLA!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

an awesome display of man pwning nature. thanks for sharing

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

waste not, want not, I always say

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

me playing cities skylines.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Every house in that complex will have a lush, green St Augustine lawn.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I like how they tried to make it seem less dystopian by making the roads all curvy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

People complain about sprawl, and complain about packed subdivisions.

What's an urban planner in the endtimes to do??

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna be in New Hampshire Sunday and I’m not happy about it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Pick up 5 gallons of cheap booze

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

redshirt posted:

People complain about sprawl, and complain about packed subdivisions.

What's an urban planner in the endtimes to do??

megabuildings my man. build up, not out.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

I think owning a dune buggy would be pretty cool.

Welded on armor plates are optional.

Charles Manson had a dune buggy with a machete holster and it was decorated with fur coats that they stole from rich people.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What could you possibly gain by doing that?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

Charles Manson had a dune buggy with a machete holster and it was decorated with fur coats that they stole from rich people.

like I said.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

What could you possibly gain by doing that?

There’s something my wife wants to do in Manchester and I’m just along for the ride.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It was p funny when the old man of the mountain fell off. So much state related branding featured it lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

free hubcaps posted:

It was p funny when the old man of the mountain fell off. So much state related branding featured it lmao

Yup. Beginning of the end for ol’ NH imo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

Live free or die, and the old man chose.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

There’s something my wife wants to do in Manchester and I’m just along for the ride.

Think you could fool her by going to Manchester VT instead? Assuming your driving it might be harder if she is. Maybe flip the GPS? That sure looks like New Hampshire to me!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
See the problem with this attitude is it undermines the people who stick around in the lovely areas and keep it from being literally all horrible people. If you don't have the diversity of opinion then children all grow up not knowing any different then what their parents and school tell them. You gotta have the black sheep too. I don't know if this makes sense but I grew up in TN and moved to CA which is not a common thing. I would never have moved here if I hadn't had friends and family that confirmed that it's ok to not me a Christian and a Republican like most of the people in TN. I never would have even thought to move here. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I do miss my family sometimes. But then I see things in the news about Tennessee and I'm like drat I'm glad I don't live in that poo poo hole anymore. In conclusion the wasteland is a land of contrasts.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dixville posted:

See the problem with this attitude is it undermines the people who stick around in the lovely areas and keep it from being literally all horrible people. If you don't have the diversity of opinion then children all grow up not knowing any different then what their parents and school tell them. You gotta have the black sheep too. I don't know if this makes sense but I grew up in TN and moved to CA which is not a common thing. I would never have moved here if I hadn't had friends and family that confirmed that it's ok to not me a Christian and a Republican like most of the people in TN. I never would have even thought to move here. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I do miss my family sometimes. But then I see things in the news about Tennessee and I'm like drat I'm glad I don't live in that poo poo hole anymore. In conclusion the wasteland is a land of contrasts.

I like my poo poo states to be completely filled with poo poo people so I don't feel bad if I think "oh you lost power and froze? That really is a shame there's really no way to handle freezing temperatures." "Oh not enough teachers? Weird maybe you should try paying and respecting them less". Of course it sucks for children but oh well.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I bet the wastelands don't even have avocado toast and mochi donuts. LOL.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 4, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I think you misheard ur wife and her plans for this man, Chester.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hey, there’s another brick building. And another.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

new hampshire’s taste in monuments is intriguing

:yikes:

naem
May 29, 2011

a lot of people from the middle part of the country leave for job opportunities (including me), usually to either coast

many of them return later in life to buy homes/land etc when they have more money, like salmon returning to spawn before dying

lots of pleasantly self indulgent men in their late forties or early fifties with very young kids and their younger, locally sourced, free range organic wives who often look a lot like tina Fey for some reason

raising their kids in a bubble as if it is decades ago and then releasing them into the wild completely unprepared for modern reality, then leaving the mortal plain (miss you dad)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tina fey huh....

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak4-AiIDbMs

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I live in Texas and have the means to stay and vote progessive without having to worry that much about the shitter we're being sucked into, so I will.

That said I do have red lines where I will leave. Probably for Colorado.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

naem posted:

a lot of people from the middle part of the country leave for job opportunities (including me), usually to either coast

many of them return later in life to buy homes/land etc when they have more money, like salmon returning to spawn before dying

lots of pleasantly self indulgent men in their late forties or early fifties with very young kids and their younger, locally sourced, free range organic wives who often look a lot like tina Fey for some reason

raising their kids in a bubble as if it is decades ago and then releasing them into the wild completely unprepared for modern reality, then leaving the mortal plain (miss you dad)

Yeah turns out states that aren't wastelands cost more to live in than states that are. It's like those expats (white people are expats not immigrants duh) except dumb because who the gently caress wants to live in the wastelands, you got out you dumb fucks and yet your going back. Like I get it you could live somewhere warmer where your money goes further, and you pick bigotville USA? Wow you suck.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=537602164

Roleplaying Dad posted:

I live in Texas and have the means to stay and vote progessive without having to worry that much about the shitter we're being sucked into, so I will.

That said I do have red lines where I will leave. Probably for Colorado.

Oh where's the red line? When Texas decides to make a TV show about shooting illegals for sport? Well that's good it's nice to have standards.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh where's the red line? When Texas decides to make a TV show about shooting illegals for sport? Well that's good it's nice to have standards.

Until it becomes untenable for me to stay and keep protesting that poo poo.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Duck and Cover posted:

Some times I'm tempted by Utah's cookie and soda stores but then I remember that they're in Utah.

I had the opportunity to move to Utah for a job but I visited a couple times and decided that Detroit was better

naem
May 29, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tina fey huh....

dno’t kinkshamb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm not sure tina fey qualifies as kink but if it is whomst among us