Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
No option to wait.

No option to leave a message.

Just, we can't help you bye.

gently caress you covered California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yeap

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
working as intended

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US
PLEASE, STAY ON THE LINE

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You can't even yell at the people responsible

They pay poor schmucks to answer the phone and get yelled at for them

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

This needs to be an emote

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

You can't even yell at the people responsible

They pay poor schmucks to answer the phone and get yelled at for them

And then they get fired if you give them less than a 10 on the survey

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Dixville posted:

No option to wait.

Write them a letter.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

keep a log of every time you called them and they ended the call

you will be glad you have that data to refer to when you write your manifesto

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Have you tried their easy online tools that can be used to answer most questions?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Dixville posted:

No option to wait.

sucks poo poo and this is one of the better states for enrollment

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's been a while since I had to deal with covered california but iirc the trick is

"community enrollment partners" are stupid as gently caress and they suck

"certified insurance agents" do poo poo like this professionally and will get you through the entire process in like 5 minutes

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
It's 8am,your office just opened. :wtf:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

If it’s anything like the IRS, use *67 prior to calling

Trilly Joel
Apr 27, 2023

`
Getting a call back should be the default option for those phone trees

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Three Olives posted:

Have you tried their easy online tools that can be used to answer most questions?

:cursed:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Due to high posting volumes, I'm unable to reply to your thread at this time. Your posting is important to me, please try again at a later time.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Can't they just turn the volume on their phone down?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

by hanging up you have contributed to the corporate culture that lets them get away with poor staffing as a deflection technique, op

this is your fault and you should be ashamed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*hold music from Hell

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

as a customer service person i can say with authority that customer service rules.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

*hold music from Hell

Just waves of static and spanish guitar

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

by hanging up you have contributed to the corporate culture that lets them get away with poor staffing as a deflection technique, op

this is your fault and you should be ashamed
no the phone trees hang up on you now dude.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
"would you like to talk to our voicebot? press 1 if you want to talk to our voicebot. you can talk to our voicebot 24/7. by talking with our voicebot you consent to having your conversation with our voicebot recorded. press 2 if you would like to remain in the queue and talk with our first available employee."

*presses 2*

"thank you. you are number 37 in queue. would you like to talk to our voicebot?"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

InediblePenguin posted:

no the phone trees hang up on you now dude.

that's because the op didn't want to stay on the line hard enough

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Management fires 90% of call staff. CEO gets 6000% raise.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Line goes up

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

flubber nuts posted:

as a customer service person i can say with authority that customer service rules.

The best was working at a small business, like 8 employees and 3 of us were in the same room. 95% of the customers were decent and had legit questions, so we were glad to help.

The 5% almost became a game. We'd have mobile headsets so if you got a real lovely person on the line you could get up and walk around. We'd dance, we'd go hump a co-worker's chair(while they are in it), go take a poo poo (uh yeah, one moment, I'm pulling up the manual, or, uh yeah I'm downloading that file for you).

On busy days you could not dick around because the phone lines were ringing. Take care of them and get them off the line ASAP. On slow days when it was quiet, dicking around with a rude customer was completely acceptable. My favorite was joking with a coworker that whoever could fit the phrase, "Have you shed any large loads lately?" (solar electricity/electrical loads...) into a call first won a six pack of beer. He worked it into a call, starts kicking the back of my chair to get my attention and then drops the bomb. I could hear the customer yelling, "WHAT THE HELL?" over my headset and out of his.

Top quality customer service.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Wait a few years and an AI customer service rep can pretend to help you instead of making you wait.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Internetjack posted:

The best was working at a small business, like 8 employees and 3 of us were in the same room. 95% of the customers were decent and had legit questions, so we were glad to help.

The 5% almost became a game. We'd have mobile headsets so if you got a real lovely person on the line you could get up and walk around. We'd dance, we'd go hump a co-worker's chair(while they are in it), go take a poo poo (uh yeah, one moment, I'm pulling up the manual, or, uh yeah I'm downloading that file for you).

On busy days you could not dick around because the phone lines were ringing. Take care of them and get them off the line ASAP. On slow days when it was quiet, dicking around with a rude customer was completely acceptable. My favorite was joking with a coworker that whoever could fit the phrase, "Have you shed any large loads lately?" (solar electricity/electrical loads...) into a call first won a six pack of beer. He worked it into a call, starts kicking the back of my chair to get my attention and then drops the bomb. I could hear the customer yelling, "WHAT THE HELL?" over my headset and out of his.

Top quality customer service.

LMAO! TYhat's freaking epic goon sire!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

this is why i log into something awful every day. for that timeless GBS #Content

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A long time ago talking to helpdesk on the phone the rep forgot to mute their headset and I heard them teasing me for my mild new york accent :cry:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

bossy lady posted:

A long time ago talking to helpdesk on the phone the rep forgot to mute their headset and I heard them teasing me for my mild new york accent :cry:

Shoullda yelled into the mic.
"I'm Talkin 'ere!"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bossy lady posted:

They were right to do so

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
oh poo poo, have the menu options changed? I should have been listening carefully

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

bradzilla posted:

I'm glad you think so. It was quite entertaining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

to speak to a specific representative, input the last 3 letters of their middle name