Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What doth chaos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

obviously i meant the non-mmo games!!!!!!!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

obviously i meant the non-mmo games!!!!!!!!!

Voice acting really just makes it much harder to do unless you slap your character with a convenient title.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WoW handing out Sailor Moon costumes this month, and you can also get a pink flying fox and a pink bow and a pink crown and I'm the prettiest~

https://www.wowhead.com/news/february-2024-trading-post-items-fur-endship-fox-mount-337478

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKICAIUHkA

I'm so confused at what they're doing with the SH2 remake

bloober team sucks massive amounts of poo poo so they are making the sh2 remake suck massive amounts of poo poo, simple as

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Jay Rust posted:

Don’t forget, game-lovers and love-gamers, Valentine’s Day is coming up! There’s never been a better time to google image search “gamer valentine”

Granblue Fantasy: Relink (PC, PS4/5) - February 1
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5, XSX/S, PC) - February 2
Persona 3 Reload (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One, XSX/S) - February 2
Foamstars (PS4, PS5) - February 6
Helldivers 2 (PC, PS5) - February 8
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - February 13
Tomb Raider Remastered (Switch, PC, PS, Xbox) - February 14
Skull and Bones (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - February 16
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Switch) - February 16
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters (PC, PS4/5, XSX/S, Xbox One) - February 20
The Thaumaturge (PC) - February 20
Last Epoch (PC) - February 21
Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story (PC, Switch) - February 21
Nightingale (PC) - February 22
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - February 28
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (PS5) - February 29

Solium Infernum, also releasing on February 14th. This Valentine's, don't forget to tell your loved ones... TO GO TO HELL!

(and Balatro on the 20th.)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

External Organs posted:

Finally Mr Hootington's reign of terror has ended... Jay Rust's reign of terror may now commence!

Still enjoying Prince of Persia over here. I just got a neat little amulet that makes a bubble of slowed time for enemies whenever I do a parry.

I'm liking it enough to play through to the end because it makes exploration fun enough to make it worth it, but... I don't like the combat so much, it feels like they were trying for a soulslike thing but it doesn't really work for me.
I don't like how unintuitive parrying is in a lot of cases, it seems like you have to hit it right when the enemy's attack animation begins rather than when it looks like they're actually going to hit you, which just feels off to me.
I'm pretty sure it's not a delay on my TV either, parrying projectiles works exactly how I expect it to and I don't really have this problem in Fromsoft games or even other metroidvanias like Dead Cells. Have you experienced the same thing or is this just another case of me being Bad @ VideogamesTM?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

WoW handing out Sailor Moon costumes this month, and you can also get a pink flying fox and a pink bow and a pink crown and I'm the prettiest~

https://www.wowhead.com/news/february-2024-trading-post-items-fur-endship-fox-mount-337478

The mount is really cool!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Quadrupedal creatures with wings are not realistic. Fail

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sailor Moon isn't real

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've finished 22 games so far in 2024

fobia: st dinfna hotel will be the 23rd

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

i've finished 22 games so far in 2024

fobia: st dinfna hotel will be the 23rd

You're gonna easily beat my record of 107 games last year, at this rate!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Geez, I only finished 19 games last year and I'm only at 1 so far for this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I did not finish a single game last month. I feel like last year I rushed through too many games, so I am going to take a step back and really play and enjoy gaming.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I might have finished more by the end of last year if I hadn't no-lifed 3 Trails games in a row in November and December. Cold Steel 1 and 2 only took me 15 days though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think I finished five games in 2023, if you count rolling credits Phantom Liberty but not the main Cyberpunk.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

they're magic wings fucko

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Pretty sure I haven't beaten a game so far this year and am just bouncing back and forth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've beaten like two games I've played this year out of the 20-odd I've started.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

this idiot doesn't even know about crabs lmao

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Feldegast42 posted:

Sailor Moon isn't real

fight me motherfucker

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

five-lined flying dragons should have their own videogame

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Sailor Moon isn't real

I don't get why you would lie about something like this!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

xoFcitcrA posted:

fight me motherfucker

punish their rear end in the name of the moon

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

I said come in! posted:

If you mostly skip the sidequests, then FF7R is not a long game at all. Like around 21 - 24 hours.

Are the side quests worth doing or are they filler?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The sidequests seemed like filler mmo stuff so I ignored about 80% of them and feel like I didn’t miss much

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

The sidequests seemed like filler mmo stuff so I ignored about 80% of them and feel like I didn’t miss much

Yeah when I went back to do them, I feel like I didn't really miss anything.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's a different show

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I did all the sidequests in FF7R because I didn't even think to consider not doing them. They just seemed like they were what I was supposed to be doing. I don't remember them taking all that long and only a few chapters even have sidequests IIRC.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth has sold a million copies in one week, making it the fastest selling game in the series

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

raditts posted:

I'm liking it enough to play through to the end because it makes exploration fun enough to make it worth it, but... I don't like the combat so much, it feels like they were trying for a soulslike thing but it doesn't really work for me.
I don't like how unintuitive parrying is in a lot of cases, it seems like you have to hit it right when the enemy's attack animation begins rather than when it looks like they're actually going to hit you, which just feels off to me.
I'm pretty sure it's not a delay on my TV either, parrying projectiles works exactly how I expect it to and I don't really have this problem in Fromsoft games or even other metroidvanias like Dead Cells. Have you experienced the same thing or is this just another case of me being Bad @ VideogamesTM?

The parry seems fine to me, but I'm playing on handheld switch. You can lengthen the parry window in accessibility options fyi, might be worth it.

The combat is a highlight for me but I do get my rear end handed to me a lot (I'm not good at games).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Waffleman_ posted:

Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth has sold a million copies in one week, making it the fastest selling game in the series

It is no palworld

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Kinda wild that there’s a very good chance that three of the top four most popular “traditional” JRPGs in Steam history (by max concurrents) will have launched within the last week. I thought at least one would sort of fall through the cracks and underperform, and I guess P3R still could, but I kinda doubt it at this point.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yeah when I went back to do them, I feel like I didn't really miss anything.

They affect how pretty your dress is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I started playing Resident Evil 4. Holy poo poo these controls are loving awful. Controlling Leon is like trying to push a log through mud, and the camera controls basically might as well not exist. I thought people said 4 was when the series switched to normal controls? These are not normal controls, these are horrifically bad. These Spanish mud farmers can run faster than Leon can move his gun

Like ten minutes in you have to sneak around a little village, and it's impossible. You can't sneak with a character and camera that control like this.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I can't believe Resident Evil games didn't get decent controls until RE5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
skill issue, tank controls rule