Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Antec 450W True Power Classic. I don't know why. Can I open it, or is that kinda dangerous? Could post pictures to find out what component has gone poof. It also turned off a switch in my fuse box, or whatever it's called in english. After flipping the switch and then turning the PC on again, again it made *POOF*. Sparks flying. Replaced the PSU and magically everything still works.

The build:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600. AMD Radeon RX 460 Graphics. Mainboard ASRock B550M-HDV. 16 GB RAM.

e: build is 5 months old. PSU was six years old, the Radeon like 5 years, everything else is new.

busalover fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva
Don't open the PSU as it could potentially kill you. If your replaced it just ditch the old one and consider yourself lucky that it didn't take anything else with it when it went bang.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, I think the fans were failing, as the replacement makes less noise.