Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I guess something similar to the 'slider rule' to consider is that if you find yourself spending a ton of time and effort editing a shot and trying to get it to look reasonable that's probably a sign that it's not good and you're trying to polish a turd. The caveat to this is if you shoot colour film and develop it badly you're probably going to have to spend a lot of time working on weird colour casts out of necessity (speaking from experience).

I shoot film mostly which 100% requires editing if you want a half-way decent result, but for my digital cam I got a Fuji x100f and shoot with a film simulation in jpeg and find that because the jpeg is already really close to what I want I never bother with the RAWs (although I still save raws as well just in case, I have plenty of storage on my NAS).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU