Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
I just culled 50gb of my lovely pictures down to less than 1gb of not so lovely pictures. I did this in gallery on an android tablet by moving the few "keepers" I could find to the secure folder and then deleting the folders I had gone through. Once I had deleted them all I exported the files from the secure folder to a new folder.

Now that I have done this I need to change my habits so that I deal with all my pictures at the end of each day and perform proper post processing.

How do you lot handle this?
What tools do you use?
Where do you stand on "getting it right in the camera" vs Post?
Raw vs Jpeg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
The sheer volume of pictures made lightroom unusable for me, now having deleted a huge amount of stuff I've given it another try and it does seem to be my best bet. I am using the express version and no darktable for me (on android for now).

I had swung between raw and jpeg, so now is a good time to choose one, presumably raw would be the best choice as I can do all the jpeg style manipulation in post anyway.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Any suggestions on how to improve these in lightroom?

Perhaps blurring the background? How would you go about removing the side-on flower from the top of the head of the second swan from the right? Not sure how to do this.

I like this the way it is, but can't help feeling I'm missing something.

A bit blown out on the right, can I fix this in a jpeg? Does it need fixing?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion and the secreenshots of the controls! That helps enormously with the learning process.

I have also decided to abandon the swans, I should have taken a better picture.