Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Perfectly at the level of his chud cultists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Remembering how long before cell phones LBJ knew the exact expected vote counts for all legislation & maneuvered accordingly. These fools just seem too lazy to bother.
I'd like to see YOU accurately whip votes while your people are providing content for the 1,000 right wing grift "news" channels.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Jonny Quest posted:

This is absolutely the case at Chick-Fil-As I've found. All the staff is focused on the drive through and a token kid is manning the inside mostly for GrubHub or UberEats pickups. It's to the point that anytime there's a new Chick-Fil-A opening the primary concern is "where will the drive thru traffic go?"
Yeah, a local suburb just denied CFA a zoning variance to build a new store on a main street specifically citing the impact on traffic.

Meanwhile another suburb put in a raising canes (so loving overrated) that faces away from the main street and has a grocery store-sized lot for their dumb drive through line to snake through that keeps it off the street. So this is apparently A Thing that restaurants are taking into account with their design.

Edit: Also I do not loving understand waiting in a 30 minute line for CFA's mediocre bullshit, but that's neither here nor there.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Happy to just call them "the fuckface who tried to shoot up the place" and not worry about names or pronouns.

Having said that, cops and the media gently caress these things up all the time. A trans male at my kid's school got run over and killed in a nearby intersection and every media story about it used their dead name and wrong gender because that's what was on the kid's ID/paperwork and on the police report. Also, his parents were lovely and did the same when interviewed.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Russia says Alexei Navalny died after taking a walk.

People tend to do that when they take a walk out a window.
Maybe they're bringing back the tradition of a walk through the halls of the Lubyanka that would sometimes lead to high velocity lead poisoning.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

No clue whether they'll manage to collapse the entire country before they run out of gas, though.
They see this as a feature, not a bug.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Just make sure you're targeting the worst people and not meemaw and peepaw who got hosed over by the wounded warrior project.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

hannibal posted:

Similarly I grew up seeing “Aim High, Air Force” ads (and my dad was in the USAF) which was a great recruiting slogan. The science fiction thing was dumb and I don’t even know what they’re using these days.
Most of the AF ads I see focus on the not-flying part, which I guess makes sense since that's like 95% of the jobs. Also, a lot of focus on their ground security team, which seems odd. Not sure who is going to join the USAF to scratch their SOF itch.

I forget what branch it is, or if it's all branches, but the "convince your mom that she should let you join" ads that have run recently hit really weird, but that may be because I'm a parent of recruitable kids, not a recruitable kid myself.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Flikken posted:

I am a littpe confused on what they are trying to accomplish here. This is fertility treqtment not contraception.

facialimpediment posted:

Hooray theocracy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Not a lawyer, but what is stopping every fast food chain from buying a bread oven and offering a few loaves of poo poo bread for sale.

See also, the inedible sandwiches NY bars would put out 100+ years ago to be considered a restaurant, not a bar.