Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
I used to be a firefighter a lifetime ago and was on the local news a couple of times. Once talking to the camera, but several more times just standing in the background trying to look competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I got on national news back in the late 2000s because the government was making people on unemployment benefits work in supermarkets in exchange for their dole money. The supermarkets were getting labour that wasn't just free, the government was paying them for the privilege.

I complained about it here and a goon got me in touch with a campaign group, they got me interviewed on channel 4 news. My pet rats tried to eat the cameraman's shirt.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

the guy from Semisonic posted:

I used to be a firefighter a lifetime ago and was on the local news a couple of times. Once talking to the camera, but several more times just standing in the background trying to look competent.

That’s what the mustache is for

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I was a PA on an episode of Rescue 911 when I lived in Milwaukee. The director decided to throw me into a scene in the 911 call center because he needed someone to react to the dispatcher talking to the call. A long time ago I made a mash-up of my moments on the show (extending it to a lot longer than it was.) This is from the early 90's. I had a lot of hair...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEnm3L8eYU

I have also been in a few news bits here in NY. Most of the time I wasn't aware some news camera was filming and then someone would call me and say "I saw you on a piece about the subway. You were sitting in the car and then zoomed out of you reading." or some such thing. That I have no proof of.

I used to have a public access show where I talked a lot and showed my life. No one ever told me they saw it but people who were in it were always having their friends say "I saw you on this podcast where this guy was just talking and then they showed some party and you were there!"

Apparently, I posted this a long time ago in another SA thread because the comments are ridiculous.

Edit: I forgot I was interviewed about a movie that I directed back in the 90s for a local news segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DX0aQjaLc

King Lou fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 4, 2024

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was actually in a couple of movies/commercials growing up. You've never heard of them, but this was one. I played Christopher Reeves son or girlfriends son I think? Most of my lines and scenes were cut, I think I'm just in one during the opening credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBP4TjE5U8Q

I didn't meet Morgan Freeman but Christopher Reeves was super kind and patient with me.

I also came within 48hrs of playing a concentration camp guard in the first X-Men movie. They just phoned me up out of the blue and said they found someone else. :( That was the last audition I went on

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 4, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Also, I may be in the smash comedy classic "Paul Blart, Mall Cop", as they were filming one day I walked in to read a sign that was a legal disclaimer stating that by reading the sign and proceeding, I agreed to allow myself to be in the background of the movie Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

I thought about it, but I was there to pick up something for work, so I walked in.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Huh. No.
I was a model and currently work in the entertainment industry, so you'd have thought?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Das Boo posted:

Huh. No.
I was a model and currently work in the entertainment industry, so you'd have thought?

:owned:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Das Boo posted:

I was a model

Hand or foot?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Closest I've ever been was when I wrote a letter to a kid's show (Captain Pitt) that aired on a local independent channel (yes these things used to exist) in Pittsburgh 45 years ago and they read it on the air.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Das Boo posted:

Huh. No.

Lol for the rare goon who doesn't know who you are.... :haw:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Chrpno posted:

Hand or foot?

elbow

specialty: chapped

Spinz posted:

idk who she is, i think i know her as "person who draws things" because she drew something in a thread years ago and it was good so i assumed it was her entire persona to draw things bc im simple

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Spinz posted:

I have no idea who they are. :shrug:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Presto posted:

I have no idea who they are. :shrug:

how would you? you ain’t nobody till you’ve been on the tv

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Also have no idea who Das Boo is irl

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
das boo is taylor swift

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

TrashMammal posted:

how would you? you ain’t nobody till you’ve been on the tv

^^:yeah:^^

I'm not a big name, lol. I work in cartoons and comics and know I've had my picture taken having been that-circle celebrity adjacent, but no TV I know of.

I did runway modeling for some Japanese designers so photos again, but no TV to my knowledge.
LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO MY HAIR.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Junk posted:

das boo is taylor swift

no im taylor swift

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm the guy who jumped out of the helicopter in Terminator 2 when the T1000 said "get out". Not the actor, the stunt performer.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Yeah got interviewed by a local news channel outside of a vaccination centre during the covid lockdowns, didn't even make an rear end of myself!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Monstaland posted:

Yeah got interviewed by a local news channel outside of a vaccination centre during the covid lockdowns, didn't even make an rear end of myself!

u spell center as "centre" so u definitely did

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I got randomly pulled out of school sometime during the mid 90s by the deputy headmaster, and dropped into appearing in a Welsh-language children's TV show, along with a couple of other students. They had us taste-test a bunch of foods a supermarket chain was bringing out to try and persuade children to eat their vegetables (bubblegum-flavoured carrots and chocolate-flavoured cauliflower, tasted as awful as it sounds)

I ended up speaking 3 words, then we got driven back by one of the helpers. En-route, we managed to persuade the driver to drop us off at home rather than school, so managed to dodge the rest of the day.

Joke was on them. I have partial anosmia, so chocolate-coated cauliflower tastes just the same as the standard version.

Soylent Yellow fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 4, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Worf posted:

u spell center as "centre" so u definitely did

You spell everything badly!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I'm also Oprah Winfrey coincidentally so yes I've been on a few tvs. Look under your seat everyone.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

flubber nuts posted:

I'm also Oprah Winfrey coincidentally so yes I've been on a few tvs. Look under your seat everyone.

there's some poo poo under there

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Long ago in 1994 I was on Legends of the Hidden Temple while visiting Universal Studios in Orlando with family. It was basically a show where kids ran jungle themed obstacle courses. I was 7 and didn't make it far, but it was still really cool to see the talking wall in person.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

flubber nuts posted:

Ooo, a peanut!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I was on an episode of Conan O'Brien when he was doing a street remote segment

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Chrpno posted:

;)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm the guy who jumped out of the helicopter in Terminator 2 when the T1000 said "get out". Not the actor, the stunt performer.

No loving way. Thats awesome if that is true!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Hollismason posted:

No loving way. Thats awesome if that is true!

Don't believe anything that guy tells you.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I got a 10 second cut-in on a local news story about the university glass blower

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

my HS marching band was in the Rose Bowl parade in 1995. Univision gave us the best coverage lol.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Chrpno posted:

And YOU get some poo poo! And YOU get some poo poo! ...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arson Daily posted:

my HS marching band was in the Rose Bowl parade in 1995. Univision gave us the best coverage lol.

that is honestly pretty cool what band was yours?

Butt House
Oct 17, 2002

i love you, you jerk
Back in 2008 my ex and I went on vacation in LA. I made plans for us to go on both The Price is Right and Jay Leno. I made T-shirts for TPIR and everything. I guess that can be a whole thread about that, but (a) the Bob Barker studio is super tiny, and (b) there is absolute zero randomness how the producers choose contestants. We ended up not getting called on stage, but you couldn’t miss my gangly rear end flailing my arms.

For Leno we waited in line outside the Burbank studio. They started filing people in, checking their tickets and going through metal detectors. A producer asked us to wait to the side for a minute. Kinda weird, but ok…then another PA motioned for us down a hallway into the studio, and there were two chairs right up next to the stage with small ribbons over them. I sat behind my GF and it dawned that I could get on TV…because everyone in the floor seats could run up and shake Jay’s hand before the monologue.

So when Jay comes out I loving beeline to an inside corner, so I would face outward. I shake his hand quick but realize I’m too tall for him to reach other people. I go into an immediate crouch, but they switched camera to Kevin Eubanks at that very second. So luckily I avoided looking like a dumbass on NBC…except for willingly watching Leno. The guest was Russell Brand. During break, Russel’s hairstylist shot an entire can of hairspray into his coiffure.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Butt House posted:

Back in 2008 my ex and I went on vacation in LA. I made plans for us to go on both The Price is Right and Jay Leno. I made T-shirts for TPIR and everything. I guess that can be a whole thread about that, but (a) the Bob Barker studio is super tiny, and (b) there is absolute zero randomness how the producers choose contestants. We ended up not getting called on stage, but you couldn’t miss my gangly rear end flailing my arms.

For Leno we waited in line outside the Burbank studio. They started filing people in, checking their tickets and going through metal detectors. A producer asked us to wait to the side for a minute. Kinda weird, but ok…then another PA motioned for us down a hallway into the studio, and there were two chairs right up next to the stage with small ribbons over them. I sat behind my GF and it dawned that I could get on TV…because everyone in the floor seats could run up and shake Jay’s hand before the monologue.

So when Jay comes out I loving beeline to an inside corner, so I would face outward. I shake his hand quick but realize I’m too tall for him to reach other people. I go into an immediate crouch, but they switched camera to Kevin Eubanks at that very second. So luckily I avoided looking like a dumbass on NBC…except for willingly watching Leno. The guest was Russell Brand. During break, Russel’s hairstylist shot an entire can of hairspray into his coiffure.

The price is wrong Bob
Got about this long gently caress you Leno

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Butt House posted:

how goddamn tall are you lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Butt House posted:

Jay is a piece of poo poo. Just a bad person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that is honestly pretty cool what band was yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwN9YOhraw&t=4316s

scroll back to 1:11:55

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 5, 2024