Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Two times that I know of.

The first was when I was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5? My parents took me and my older brother to one of those very local shows that was broadcast on a very local channel where a clown would entertain an audience of kids for half an hour. The clown asked us kids what we wanted to be when we grew up and I said "a kitty cat!" (my brother said a Transformer). At the end during a credits they brought out a bubble machine and all the kids were running around catching bubbles. I ended up getting soap in my eye and ran off crying backstage.

The other time was in high school. The school's IB program (similar to AP classes) required, among other things, that students do a certain number of community service/volunteer hours to graduate. At that time, 2001 I think, a local PBS station had been airing Neon Genesis Evangelion on a weekly schedule, and for the final episode they were going to do a pledge drive. So my parents suggested to me and a couple friends to volunteer to answer calls to get some hours in.

The host who had been presenting the show every week always pronounced the name really weird, like "ee-VAN-ji-lon", and before the event began we made the mistake of letting him now how (we thought) it was SUPPOSED to be pronounced. So at the start of the pledge drive he said on air, "I've been told I've been pronouncing it wrong, so if YOU know how it's pronounced, call in with a pledge let us know!" So we ended up getting a lot of nerdy calls explaining how it's pronounced and why.

In one of the "back to the show, our operators are standing by" bumpers, I was on screen, talking with someone on the phone.

I think I saw bits of the final episode during that pledge drive, and I'm pretty sure we recorded it at home to watch later, but I STILL have no idea how that series ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU