Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Seems pretty cool I guess. I don't know, like, you could turn on fluorescent light and poo poo from a distance. Muss up some guys hair, or something. Seems like you'd probably constantly have to deal with static cling when you're folding laundry. Setup probably just EATS batteries. I don't know. Feeling pretty meh on the whole thing honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Styropyro seems like he loves his life op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Thomas Edison should have fried Tesla like he murked that dumb elephant.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

drat quit hogging all the good thread ideas for yourself LAP

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i know a tesla coil guy. he’s surprisingly cool. not at all what you would expect from a tesla coil guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgGiC3oOi10

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TrashMammal posted:

i know a tesla coil guy. he’s surprisingly cool. not at all what you would expect from a tesla coil guy

what kind of discount you getting on electricity, op?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Literally A Person posted:

what kind of discount you getting on electricity, op?

big perk of being pals with a tesla coil guy is no-questions-asked access to their many generators. upgrade that to good pals and you get to borrow their forklift

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TrashMammal posted:

big perk of being pals with a tesla coil guy is no-questions-asked access to their many generators. upgrade that to good pals and you get to borrow their forklift

All the upsides of being a Tesla coil electricity controlling guy and none of the downsides. Sign me up!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

how many more of these "type of guy" threads do you plan to make i need to know how much room to put on the chart

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just three. For now....

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Earwicker posted:

how many more of these "type of guy" threads do you plan to make i need to know how much room to put on the chart

asking questions about these “types of guys” rear end type of guy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think it would be quite

shocking, op :grin:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

"Rubber shoes in motion."

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Earwicker posted:

theres a secret cap on type of guy threads per poster and LAP won't find that cap until its too late

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The tesla coil gained awareness and now arcs lightning into my body to torture me. I hate it!!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

did you try asking it nicely not to do that

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

did you try asking it nicely not to do that

Yeah or make fun of it's parentage and crooked teeth?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

I watched this whole video and I hate you. That was lame as poo poo.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I watched this whole video and I hate you. That was lame as poo poo.

sorry you can’t find satisfaction in the simple joy of music that sounds like robot farts, op. might want to ask your doctor about lexapro. i hear it’s a life changer

Feb 7, 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMbN9nb3qyk

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

sorry you can’t find satisfaction in the simple joy of music that sounds like robot farts, op. might want to ask your doctor about lexapro. i hear it’s a life changer

It’s like 2 bars of the same song on repeat, while someone circles the structure without any discernible visuals! I am angry!

020624_3
Feb 7, 2024
it's suppose to be 2024

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

flubber nuts posted:

Thomas Edison should have fried Tesla like he murked that dumb elephant.

Fried Tesla’s not bad but you really need the dipping sauce

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I imagine at some point you're going to get shocked, like, pretty good. Like, maybe hospital trip. Seems kind of dangerous honestly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Electrocution just comes with the territory when you're harnessing nature's magic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
isn't it an X coil controlling guy now

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm a tesla trooper guy. Usually we just stand next to the tesla coil to feed it with the suit's electrosystems.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
And yet your avatar clearly depicts some kind of rocket trooper. Curious

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

U should make a thread about a type of guy that makes good threads taht would be funny op

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Imagine a bird flying through your Tesla coil setup and getting absolutely fried

Would put a damper on things probably

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I've always loved Tesla coils, this scene cemented that love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdIYwIWfYyo

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Karma Comedian posted:

U should make a thread about a type of guy that makes good threads taht would be funny op

Not really equipped for that, OP.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I don't know if I would be comfortable with a hobby that could overload and explode my dick like a firework, but I also wouldn't not be curious to see it happen.

As a man of science.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 9, 2024

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

Not really equipped for that, OP.

:sad:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Quotey posted:

Imagine a bird flying through your Tesla coil setup and getting absolutely fried

Would put a damper on things probably

A self-cooking goose, very convenient

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I want to be hit with a tesla coil and be all black and white and you can see my skeleton

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ahundredbux posted:

I want to be hit with a tesla coil and be all black and white and you can see my skeleton

Would all your hair stand up spikey while this is happening?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tree Bucket posted:

Would all your hair stand up spikey while this is happening?

Duh. This is like first year being a Tesla coil electricity controlling guy stuff.

Feb 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 11, 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikX06rifHMg