Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harrow posted:

Lol Brumal Form + ATB Ward is hilariously busted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2OIhl6KDnw

I tried this a couple nights ago and ate poo poo, I think I need to grind up my materia to make it work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Beat the game after 123 hours, doing every side quest I could find. Tons of fun. The last fight was rough, because I didn't give good materia to Aerith because I didn't expect to use her. lol.

Still need to beat Gilgamesh, do some Battle Square stuff, and do those bullshit chocobo flying challenges in Cosmo Canyon before I'll be fully satisfied.

Not sure about hard mode yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IcePhoenix posted:

I tried this a couple nights ago and ate poo poo, I think I need to grind up my materia to make it work

You also need Speed Demon’s Keychain for it to work

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RatHat posted:

You also need Speed Demon’s Keychain for it to work

I've had that for a long time. I don't even remember where I got it.

e: to be clear, when I say "I tried this" I mean "the guy posted the build in the comments of another video and I did that"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IcePhoenix posted:

I've had that for a long time. I don't even remember where I got it.

Roche gives it you after fighting him in Junon

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RatHat posted:

Roche gives it you after fighting him in Junon

oh ok, that was my initial thought but the way you said it implied to me that it was missable to the point you might not have it when doing a challenge that you can't even do until after beating the game so I figured I was just mistaken :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got the impression it was a reward for keeping the Midgar 7th well healed and not letting any of them die, since it came after Roche said something about Cloud being a great leader but that's just an assumption. It's possible you just automatically get it no matter what.

Anyway even if that's true everyone should have it anyway because what monster would let any member of the Midgar 7th die

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harrow posted:

I got the impression it was a reward for keeping the Midgar 7th well healed and not letting any of them die, since it came after Roche said something about Cloud being a great leader but that's just an assumption. It's possible you just automatically get it no matter what.

Anyway even if that's true everyone should have it anyway because what monster would let any member of the Midgar 7th die

your second statement is true but there are two keychains and the second one is just the same as the first but more powerful

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IcePhoenix posted:

your second statement is true but there are two keychains and the second one is just the same as the first but more powerful

As far as I know there is only one

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Fedule posted:

Hit him with Deprotect and Poison asap, then block or counter his stuff and hit him with ATB commands (unless you have glowing red handcuffs on, in which case do not use ATBs on him otherwise he will counter with Reprisal which both cancels the command and makes you eat poo poo)

Oh my god, if they don’t add a colorblind accessibility option to this game I am going to scream. I never even once noticed red handcuffs in spite of reading the assess info. gently caress.

I also looked up the purple chest I missed on the boat and it is literally right along a main route through the area. I just literally couldn’t distinguish it from the background. I am so mad about this poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oh my god, if they don’t add a colorblind accessibility option to this game I am going to scream. I never even once noticed red handcuffs in spite of reading the assess info. gently caress.

I also looked up the purple chest I missed on the boat and it is literally right along a main route through the area. I just literally couldn’t distinguish it from the background. I am so mad about this poo poo.

Don't blame Square Enix, blame yourself or God

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I have never had more whiplash in my feelings for a quest from bad quest to awful quest to the best quest ever then the goddamn chicken lady.

Red is the best.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The assess screen doesn't even mention that gimmick. This is kinda weird, since Alexander and Bahamut also have gimmicks involving unique statuses but those are outlined in the intel and have their own icons as well. So, big goof on this account IMO.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao how the gently caress do you do Flowers from the Hill on hard mode? I've already died to this more times than I did to Greg

edit: never mind, beat them. had to use ATB boost so Aerith could cast Arcane Ward and then immediately nuke the group with Double-Magnified Firaga, then had my other party members run to the ward and cast Fira before they could die, then mopped up the stragglers with Cloud and Firebolt blade

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 28, 2024

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the queen's blood survival boot camp sucks rear end lol... i had tuned my deck to win one game but the rules of getting 1/3 of your deck each time completely fucks me up, what's a good build for this

Edit: ok i got past this with brute force, this solves everything

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 28, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I put the corsair's compass on Barret this is ludicrous lmao.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like it on Yuffie since she has a skill that needs 3 ATB anyway

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

it's designed in a way where you're supposed to spot it while going to the bench/vending machine when you go back inside iirc. the rebirth demo kind of demonstrated similar issues with materia lying around where some materia just didn't have a high enough contrast to the surroundings that you'd easily miss them

another thing that continues to be insane about rebirth just as remake was is the extremely anti-epilepsy stuff with a total assault of flashing lights and scenes. it doesn't even make the scenes look cool

another thing was how all rumble is cranked to 11, and i had to dial exploration vibration all the way down because my hands would have this weird sensation even after putting the controller down

chadley on default controller volume is something else too

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RatHat posted:

I like it on Yuffie since she has a skill that needs 3 ATB anyway

3atb maximum fury tho

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

deoju posted:

Beat the game after 123 hours, doing every side quest I could find. Tons of fun. The last fight was rough, because I didn't give good materia to Aerith because I didn't expect to use her. lol.

Yeah I initially had a bad time with that because I wasn't expecting to be forced to use everybody, so I hadn't put materia back onto Cait. I never removed Aerith's though since the game didn't auto remove them and that seemed significant after it did that when Cait left. It helped a lot that Barret and Red already had Dispel equipped, the Jenova legs of the fight are much worse without it.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Yeah I initially had a bad time with that because I wasn't expecting to be forced to use everybody, so I hadn't put materia back onto Cait. I never removed Aerith's though since the game didn't auto remove them and that seemed significant after it did that when Cait left. It helped a lot that Barret and Red already had Dispel equipped, the Jenova legs of the fight are much worse without it.

I just did this last night and I only ever equip my main party of 3 so everyone else literally had zero materia. Decided to just try and go through it like that because it was faster than having to go through every single fight again. Luckily Tifa had lightning/aero otherwise I would not be able to get past that section. Not a big fan of back to back fights like that when otherwise the game had been pretty good at letting you switch materia between sequences. No way am I redoing it just to equip Aerith, I will solo Sephiroth.

I can finally read these threads and I guess people are saying the ending to this game is bad?? and I kind of feel that way right now too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I would have liked them to get even sillier with it considering the whole point of the end of the first game was everything could be different now, but we got what we got.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

kliras posted:

it's designed in a way where you're supposed to spot it while going to the bench/vending machine when you go back inside iirc. the rebirth demo kind of demonstrated similar issues with materia lying around where some materia just didn't have a high enough contrast to the surroundings that you'd easily miss them

another thing that continues to be insane about rebirth just as remake was is the extremely anti-epilepsy stuff with a total assault of flashing lights and scenes. it doesn't even make the scenes look cool

another thing was how all rumble is cranked to 11, and i had to dial exploration vibration all the way down because my hands would have this weird sensation even after putting the controller down

chadley on default controller volume is something else too

Yeah, that volume increase happened after the last patch. I turned down the volume on my controller but it defaults back to max volume the next time you turn the PS5 on :rolleye:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I just did this last night and I only ever equip my main party of 3 so everyone else literally had zero materia. Decided to just try and go through it like that because it was faster than having to go through every single fight again. Luckily Tifa had lightning/aero otherwise I would not be able to get past that section. Not a big fan of back to back fights like that when otherwise the game had been pretty good at letting you switch materia between sequences. No way am I redoing it just to equip Aerith, I will solo Sephiroth.

I can finally read these threads and I guess people are saying the ending to this game is bad?? and I kind of feel that way right now too.

I don't think the ending of the game is bad so much as... I don't really feel anything one way or the other about it? Which is kind of worse to be honest.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah, that volume increase happened after the last patch. I turned down the volume on my controller but it defaults back to max volume the next time you turn the PS5 on :rolleye:
oh no he was loud enough as it was, but then sony dialled it up an extra notch. i already had him turned down, but it's weird that the default is so loud. guess it's just a global setting, but why set everything at max by default

speaking of, i got a weird bug in the game where the music volume would be much louder than dialogue in certain cutscenes, is this a known issue? i had the music turned up higher initially (as in everything else turned down), so maybe the game just kept going back to an old setting?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AlphaKeny1 posted:

can you not hold square during the cutscene to access the menu before the fight starts here? You usually can when they go fight -> cutscene -> fight with no break

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

kliras posted:

speaking of, i got a weird bug in the game where the music volume would be much louder than dialogue in certain cutscenes, is this a known issue? i had the music turned up higher initially (as in everything else turned down), so maybe the game just kept going back to an old setting?

There is a known issue: the sound mixing in this game is frequently garbage and the BGM likes to drown out the dialogue sometimes, although not all the time. Turning the BGM volume down to like 7 or 6 might help. Or maybe it won't. Who knows? I've heard it said it can be different depending on your speaker setup but as a home theatre user this worked okay for me.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is there a way to refight Gilgamesh after you beat him the last time? Had a really great time with that fight and the music ruled

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Just had an idea, has anyone tried the enfeeblement rings on the kill mindflayer first challenge? I did it with a solo Tifa but having dummy targets that don't do much damage might help a lot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

Just had an idea, has anyone tried the enfeeblement rings on the kill mindflayer first challenge? I did it with a solo Tifa but having dummy targets that don't do much damage might help a lot.

I tried it once but it lead to a frog getting self-destructed on.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

kliras posted:

This is a weird thing with Japanese games in general. I remember Dark Souls and Elden Ring had the same problem, for example.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

can you not hold square during the cutscene to access the menu before the fight starts here? You usually can when they go fight -> cutscene -> fight with no break

hmm I was trying that but it didn't work and the ui didn't suggest it either, maybe I wasn't holding long enough

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

kliras posted:

It’s most likely the console/game doing a lovely job of mixing surround sound down to stereo, or if you actually are using a surround sound setup your centre channel needs to be turned up.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
After you access an enemy is there a button to bring up the info again or do I have to access everytime

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

After you access an enemy is there a button to bring up the info again or do I have to access everytime

Press the touchpad in

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

GateOfD posted:

Touchpad click brings it up

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Wamsutta posted:

Ch 11 Roche is disassembling me in under 60 seconds repeatedly, and I already lowered difficulty to Normal from Dynamic to beat previous boss. Might be Easy time. This feels like a Souls boss at 3x speed, lol. Can’t seem to block or dodge anything.
You have Punisher mode for a reason. If he's doing something with a <!> next to it, dodge and then whap him a few times while he winds up for the next thing. Otherwise, get in Punisher and block-counter.

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't blame Square Enix, blame yourself or God
I choose to interpret my colorblindness as being clever.

Green and purple and all those other fiddly little colors are fake, everyone is a big conspiracy to pretend they exist, but you can't trick me I'm too smart.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Game teases you when you find a materia in the wild and your excited what new move you can add to your slots, and it’s some boring mp up materia or something

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

It honestly feels like there isn’t that much good materia, oh good a sixth fire materia

Also King Zu is insane I’m gonna be here a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I probably used... Operator mode? Is that it? Like 1% of the time, and most of that percent was when I would get hit in prime mode and knocked out of it.