Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Mt Corel is quite the hike.

Lol @ Elena. Great parting line.

Up to chapter 7, game time is like 31 hours. Around lv29-30

Glad the open world stuff is more spread out. I was worried I would have to deal with an entire map of busywork chores every single chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CapnAndy posted:

I choose to interpret my colorblindness as being clever.

Green and purple and all those other fiddly little colors are fake, everyone is a big conspiracy to pretend they exist, but you can't trick me I'm too smart.

I was quoting the other super popular FF game from 25 years ago

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

UP AND ADAM posted:

I probably used... Operator mode? Is that it? Like 1% of the time, and most of that percent was when I would get hit in prime mode and knocked out of it.

Operator is his normal mode, Punisher Mode is the berserk one.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, punisher mode always seemed fine for me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I finished up the Queen's Blood story line and when the post-match cinematic/wrap-up was happening I went 'you fuckin' dorks' with the utmost fondness.

I can only imagine that's what everybody else in the crew was thinking as well.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Unreal_One posted:

Just had an idea, has anyone tried the enfeeblement rings on the kill mindflayer first challenge? I did it with a solo Tifa but having dummy targets that don't do much damage might help a lot.

I did that one by having Cloud go in with his enemy skill and just self destruct on the mindflayer so I only had to worry about two party members. Then it was just a matter of using Synergy skills to teleport the other ally when they'd get close to the minions.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm really hoping the alternate skins you unlock in the post game include Red XIII's Shinra Trooper

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I feel like finishing the story now. I haven't done the side stuff completely, but I assume it's easy enough to go back and do it after you finish the main game?

I've done all the green sidequests, but don't feel like completing QB and some other random stuff.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
After beating the game and going back to chapter select do you get double xp and triple AP like in Remake?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Finally got the Platinum. The Legendary combat sims weren't nearly as bad as I'd been led to believe, although they do get just a tiny bit hairy with how close some of these summons get to using their alts.

Anyway, as I think you all know, I have severe brain damage, so the second I was released from tasks I had to do, I took with relish the opportunity to decide all on my own and for its own sake to perfectly clear the last boss of piano. And you know what? It was a goddamn blast. It took me like 10 minutes before I could muddle through to an A from the first try, during which time I was surprisingly fast to get to grips with most of the song, but the loving veni veni venias part took me an entire hour after that. I just. Kept bottling it. The sticks are just such a weird control for this. If this was buttons I could have sight read that poo poo. Then again if this was buttons they probably would have tried to chart more of the actual notes in the song...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

JBP posted:

I feel like finishing the story now. I haven't done the side stuff completely, but I assume it's easy enough to go back and do it after you finish the main game?

Extremely easy, yes. There's a chapter select just like in Remake.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
High off my success nailing aeriths theme in the first go I decided to have a crack at two legs nothing to it and scraped over the line for an a rank by ten points

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I can A rank Two Legs Nothin' To It very easily; you just have to break yourself of what the other songs have been teaching you, that the left stick only exists to support an existing right stick note, and figure out that on this one your left hand is playing its own melody just like the right hand, and sometimes they just happen to intersect. S-ranking it has eluded me so far, though.

But holy poo poo the battle theme, how the gently caress are you supposed to manage that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I was feeling pretty "whatever" about the ending of the game but I'm watching this Easy Allies thing Maximilian Dood guested on, and him talking about the ending and what they're most likely going for is making me very :hmmyes:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

After beating the game and going back to chapter select do you get double xp and triple AP like in Remake?

Answering my own question incase anyone else is wondering: Yes.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

This game has a truly amazing ability to make me shift rapidly between intense frustration and delight. The chapter 12 side quest coliseum fight in the dust bowl had me tearing my hair out until I took a break for 30 minutes, came back and mopped the floor with each fight effortlessly. I still think it’s really lovely to not let you restart from specific fights in a series. Winning the whole series easily was really satisfying, but redoing 2 over and over until I figured out you can just run around in circles waiting for transcendence to charge, then getting to 4 and losing because I didn’t have lightning on Tifa was really, really annoying.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Got to Gold Saucer and Cloud missing Jessie after seeing her poster hit me :smith:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Hooting and hollering like a cartoon wolf at Jessica rabbit when I realise aerith puts on a pair of barrets sunglasses when she does the synergy ability with him

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Hooting and hollering like a cartoon wolf at Jessica rabbit when I realise aerith puts on a pair of barrets sunglasses when she does the synergy ability with him

she swaps them out for a trendy pink pair if she's wearing one of the costa del sol outfits

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You can just wear that poo poo whenever in the hard mode/chapter select part right? I miss barrets little navy get up

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think cait sith should dab more. I think he dabbed once but it just served to highlight how he should actually be constantly dabbing to the point where other characters make fun of him for it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Best synergy ability in the game by miles because of this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JBP posted:

Best synergy ability in the game by miles because of this.

I can't stress enough that the one where Barrett jumps on mog and just fires off his laser while doing donuts remains undefeated

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Woah those Mandrakes on the flower hill in Chapter 2 do not gently caress around on Hard. Took me by total surprise. Had to bust out some Magnify Firagas on those fuckers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The chapter 13 team up against the boss :kiss:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

IcePhoenix posted:

I can't stress enough that the one where Barrett jumps on mog and just fires off his laser while doing donuts remains undefeated

i'm running aerith, cait and barret in all my simulator missions atm just so I can use both in the game fight

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
They should really let you take Cloud off the party at least in part 3 because at that point the party is going to be pretty drat big and having one spot locked sucks

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

WaltherFeng posted:

They should really let you take Cloud off the party at least in part 3 because at that point the party is going to be pretty drat big and having one spot locked sucks
I mean, if they follow the plot, I have good news for you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

This was what I liked about FFX, XII and Chrono Trigger's party systems. I hope they take a note from Chrono Tigger and that once Cloud is yeeted from the party, he's never a mandatory character ever again, like what happens to Crono after he dies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They put in these non-chocobo scavenger hunts to remind us of how lucky we are to have chocobos, huh

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There'll be 9 characters in the next game. Hopefully they have a section of 3 parties of 3 like 2 of 3 in the Temple of the Ancients.

Also Cid and Vincent should get sections focused on them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

deoju posted:

Also Cid should get sections focused on them.

Well, I have good news about Final Fantasy 7!

But i'm sure they'll make some stuff up for Vincent too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WaltherFeng posted:

Yeah particularly with all the synergy moves. Feels very limiting because I want to have the other members kick rear end together without it being arena battles.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I cried at the Cosmo Canyon protorelic flashback scenes. So good.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

deoju posted:

There'll be 9 characters in the next game. Hopefully they have a section of 3 parties of 3 like 2 of 3 in the Temple of the Ancients.

Also Cid and Vincent should get sections focused on them.

Let Cid go to space

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Let Cid go to space

They sidestepped having to deal with Shera by just not having her appear in Remake at all, but they can't keep putting it off forever...

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, if they follow the plot, I have good news for you

I just looked up a plot summary bc I was confused by the fact that nibelhelm is a mako poisoning clinic now and got confused about where cloud winds up after getting eaten by the lifestream and jeez I thought they were mid-loading this game a lot but nope there is plenty of meat left for the third game. Like if you go by the wiki plot summary the events of remake and all the parts of rebirth I have actually played so far up to chapter 12 are in the first tiny paragraph.

Anyway I just hit the random pre-endgame ocean map and I'm having a great time.

Once again I think cait sith should be dabbing more and I hope they add this for the third game.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 29, 2024

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

So I got to Hard Mode and did chapter 1 of it because that's a freebie.

Looking at the chapter select, it says, e.g. for chapter 2 I only have one manuscript to get. But guides say actually there's a few in there, one of the world intel boss and two more for the sidequests. What's the deal?

Should I just mainline the main story in hard mode and then come back in chapter 12 or 13 to do every sidequest and hit 'reset all sidequests' when I do hard mode chapter 12?

Also I didn't do the final chapter 13 Gilgamesh stuff on normal mode, is there an ideal time to go do that?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Why would you ever not have materia on everyone at all times? Don't they still get AP if they're on someone not in the active party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah the whole party both frontline and backline gets all the exp and ap evenly, so you should put materia on everyone just to level them up anyway