Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Finished the demo; lots of fun.

Something I'm now weirdly excited about is the piano-playing minigame because it was super fun. The music dynamically changes depending on your performance, from amazing piano concerto to baby's first concert complete with metronome :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got a B on the piano minigame :(

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I got a C and slow_golf_clap.wav

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh my god at 2:09.

GREG

I was surprised more people didn't comment on that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

It was the first sign that the trailer was gonna show too much for me, lmao

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wonder if the new songs are just pieces of a suite like the battle music was in Remake. I really enjoyed how the combat theme ramped up as you went along the story.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

About how long is the demo?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Heithinn Grasida posted:

About how long is the demo?

I'd say ~90 minutes?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Arist posted:

I'd say ~90 minutes?

Yeah, 1:30-1:45ish

Game gonna kick rear end

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I suck real bad at the piano minigame, just like I do at the real piano.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The demo's good, we get to bring this meme back.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I was going to try and hold out for the PC port but I think I am going to give in...

...and use my PS5 for something other than streaming.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

My PTSD is flaring up again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The loving Sephiroth leitmotif in the final phase of the Materia Keeper fight from the demo, good lord

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
Aerith and Barret's cool :cool: synergy animation convinced me to preorder this game.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Not gonna get to play the demo tonight due to country bumpkin internet speeds, but it's interesting that Zack is sharing the cover with Cloud and Sephiroth when so little has been said about his role here so far.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i'm more of a sephiroth guy

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I gotta wonder what people would think of the Nibelheim flashback if they had no experience with FF7 and saw Cloud reciting Zack's lines with no context.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It feels like a shame to have to play this on PS5 to have any hope of dodging spoilers, it feels like performance mode goes down to like 720p or lower and cinematic mode is far from a stable 30. Uncharted climbing was not what I wanted them to absorb from other AAAs.

Other than that, sick it's dope

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I want to see some people go crazy in the piano free-style mode like Last of Us II and the guitar.

Somehow even more emo Cloud.

https://twitter.com/Egaz__/status/1755056774028107895?s=19

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Final Fantasy Rebirth: You rear end in a top hat!!

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Harlock posted:

The demo's good, we get to bring this meme back.

Came here to post this :haw:
Every NPC looks like a Joe Schmoe but Tifa (and the rest) look goddamn ridiculous like they’re cosplayers. Easy to gloss over it on the PS1.

Rand Brittain posted:

I gotta wonder what people would think of the Nibelheim flashback if they had no experience with FF7 and saw Cloud reciting Zack's lines with no context.

Right Cloud lets us sit through 90 minutes of Extremely Unreliable Narration and Tifa doesn’t call him out on his bullshit. let’s see what happens now that we’ve uh decided that this isn’t going to be a 1 to 1 retelling.

One thing - I keep forgetting FF7R is a PS4 game meant to run off of an HDD. A lot of battle arenas are flat ground. This PS5 game has you fighting through a lot of rocky terrain which is a heck of a lot more complex. Also hitting the button to bring up the character status screens shows an entire scene with cloud and friends standing somewhere instead of 2D portraits. Go SSD!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Coffee Jones posted:

Right Cloud lets us sit through 90 minutes of Extremely Unreliable Narration and Tifa doesn’t call him out on his bullshit. let’s see what happens now that we’ve uh decided that this isn’t going to be a 1 to 1 retelling.

The first trailer for Rebirth literally has Tifa pull Aerith aside and go yeah, Cloud was just straight loving lying about being in Nibelheim. What's up with that?, so add on to all the thread pulling that was being done in Remake already before they even left Midgar, plus Zack being alive over on Earth-2, and things are probably gonna start fraying a lot faster than they did in the original game.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

i think it actually distracted me from half of the subsequent spoilers in the trailer

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Something about how young cloud’s eyes are modeled makes him look terrified when viewed from below

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just got the opportunity to watch the whole state of play and not just the trailer and lmao at all the extremely casual spoilers it just drops on anyone new to FF7.

Anyway unbeliavably sick that there's multiple synergy attacks for each pair. I thought everyone just getting one dual tech was already too cool but this is everything I could have wanted, just need to hope for some full party synergies!!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh my god at 2:09.

GREG

You think that's big? Look at 8:52.

TITAN GREG?!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

Finished the demo; lots of fun.

Something I'm now weirdly excited about is the piano-playing minigame because it was super fun. The music dynamically changes depending on your performance, from amazing piano concerto to baby's first concert complete with metronome :lol:

I was curious about how this would hold up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3w320XE8M

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Man, getting back into the groove after it being so long after 7R1 I did not get how to do Synergy stuff properly.

Zuu was a harder fight than the Materia Guardian but I guess that's because it was trying to tutorialise me instead of letting me Blizzaga it with Sephiroth right off the bat.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Got up early to play the demo before work and it didn't disappoint.

The Nibelheim flashbacks are some of my most anticipated parts of the remakes as a whole and it was so gooood

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What's a good price to pay for FF7 Remake used on PS4? I have run some errands tomorrow and was thinking of snagging it if the local game store has it for just a few bucks.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

People pondering Zack's role on the game's cover are missing the clue right there in the game's name:

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
The third game's title will be Refund.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Spermando posted:

The third game's title will be Refund.

After the end of one Iassumed these guys are the Kingdom Hearts versions of the characters. I do not even care if I am right. My nostalgia is going nuts after that trailer.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it's going to be the dissidia versions of the characters, that's why gilgamesh is there, and it'll tie into dissidia in a really silly way like stranger of paradise did

lih fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 7, 2024

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Demo spoilers you can see and hear actual grunt Cloud at the same time when crawling at the burning building.

It's also funny how blatantly non-Cloud he sounds like during the flashback. I can't imagine having played this without the OG.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

triple sulk posted:

Demo spoilers you can see and hear actual grunt Cloud at the same time when crawling at the burning building.

It's also funny how blatantly non-Cloud he sounds like during the flashback. I can't imagine having played this without the OG.

I thought that was really clever, knowing what's (probably) coming. I genuinely hope the story goes a little more than off the rails at some point given the setup in the last game. I want it to lean hard into its weird.

When is the Junon part of the demo coming btw? It was locked when I tried last night.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Levantine posted:

I thought that was really clever, knowing what's (probably) coming. I genuinely hope the story goes a little more than off the rails at some point given the setup in the last game. I want it to lean hard into its weird.

When is the Junon part of the demo coming btw? It was locked when I tried last night.

The 21st

I think the legitimately valid piece of criticism so far that I'm seeing and partly thought in the moment myself is the crawling scene drug out too long *only* because of how long the villagers stood right in front of Sephiroth, guns in hands, without a single shot fired off. I understand being paralyzed with fear but it was a little too slow.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gonna try and download the demo when I get home from work. God, I am getting so hype for this game.

Today is February 7, which means it's Aeris' birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Thinking of playing this section as a first timer is wild. Seeing Tifa's reactions without knowing that instead of her thinking forward in the story its her going "Cloud wasn't there how does he know this?!".
Wondering why one of the guards sound so familiar, wondering why Cloud is so chipper. Maybe first time people will think it's because he's so young and he got so stiff after this happened.