Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

This was the best part of the state of play.

Spoiler for team attack:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wonder if the new songs are just pieces of a suite like the battle music was in Remake. I really enjoyed how the combat theme ramped up as you went along the story.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I hope not, he's fun as an rear end in a top hat.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Roche is going to be his new buddy after everyone dies.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I bet you Sephiroth is gonna die in this one.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yuffie steals them.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Part 3 will be called Reeeeeeee

It's pronounced like tinnitus.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It had some very impressive textures for a PS2 title.

And some weird rear end controls which apparently were improved for the US release lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How many times is Rebirth going to go over the Nibelheim incident? I forgot when the payoff for that happens in the original game.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

RatHat posted:

I assume he wants to rewrite history because he loses in the original timeline. That’s why he tells Cloud at the beginning of Remake to run away

Wasn't that Sephiroth being a real petty rear end in a top hat by quoting someone?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Just finished INTERmission and I'm extremely disappointed that the scene with the sector 7 plate falling didn't pan over to show a stuffed cat wailing in anguish simultaneously with Yuffie.

I'm still bummed Wedge died trying to be cool.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You caught my stealth edit lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I forgot he showed up in Shrina and firmly thought he died saving his cats until I looked it up after I hit reply, it's on me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's the horny as always.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Could be just restoring the town is easier to wave away any conspiracy theory of "the war hero went here and now everyone is dead, what happened?"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nibelheim incident question: Tifa was snuck out of town after the incident right? If not could she of been a victim of Hojo's continued experiments like Zack and Cloud?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Does that mean that the different Stamp on that bag of chips represents an earlier discontinued design for the character and its dead soul rejoined the Lifestream?

All IP revisions end up in the lightstream.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nice, I'm still waiting if the square enix store actually shipped my copy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

May be the massive preload.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

More like FF7: Reverse!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Snap, didn't realize who the narrator was until the recap.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm in chapter 10 now and something I really appreciate is that the cast are actually talking to each other, even if it's off screen or without Cloud. No forced drama because no one is talking to each other. I buy Tifa and Aerith being best buds, it's great.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Not a fan of the boss gauntlet at the end of chapter 12.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Done, good stuff. Though I am a little annoyed that one of the final bosses can only be hurt by magical attacks and it cycles through its vulnerability at no point in the game has that mechanic ever been needed.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Magic, you can cycle through the different elements by pressing left and right.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Not a fan of queen's blood or card games in general so I skipped it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

How do you feel about dooming the world?

I just don't have the brain space for it, I'm awful at card games in general. It's good other people like it, has some great music.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I love Cait's animations, just full of joy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yuffie is annoying but she's also a teenager, they managed to balance that so I don't hate this version.

Unlike the original who stole all my stuff and left me to die.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I got Barret as my date and didn't mind, really fleshed out his character.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I could never hit him while he reloaded, so I just held out for limit breaks.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Aerith has this combo whip attack with Tifa that charges her ATB really quickly too, hits like a truck.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He already has those smoldering eyes.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What all the Chadley stuff lead to the ultimate summon, Chadley is knights of the round.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The dude has a fair bit of characterization, I think you're being a bit disingenuous there. You find him in all sorts of places doing goofy poo poo like imitating the Costa Del Sol dancers, he discusses his feelings about different areas, he gets excited like a total dork over Alexander because Alexander is a giant robot, and his end goal is that he loves humanity and the planet so much that he wants to build a record that could be sent into space in the event Sephiroth survives so there's some history of the people and culture of the planet.

His specialty is materia, makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yuffie was talking about forming a group called YRK.