Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Callin it the game of the year before even playing the demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
SOMEONE LINK THE DEMO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
downloading the demo, very excited for this

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Polygon review said it was full of bloat and there were too many mini games. Also they seemed to think that you had to do most if not all of the side content to stay at a high enough level and have the right equipment to tackle the main story. That doesn’t sound right, sounds more like a skill issue. If that were true, wouldn’t every reviewer have been saying it?

They said they were torn between loving and hating it. I could understand feeling that way when it’s literally your job to play through the game quickly and write about it, instead of being able to take it at your own pace.

It was a weird review and seems geared towards people who are 40+ and also have a day job as a teacher and are exhausted by the idea of reviewing games, let alone long rpg games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GateOfD posted:

haven't even watched the rebirth trailers so no idea what to expect, haven't played the demo either, just waiting.

playing Crisis Core for the first time, Zack is kind of lame.

I thought this too when I first played Crisis Core and he completely won me over by the end.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Augus posted:

I mean the third game is the one where it’s just expected that there will be a big RPG void battle at the end, isn’t it?
Im still wondering how they plan to give Safer Sephiroth the impact he used to when they already wheeled out One-Winged Angel

oh youre so not ready for two-winged angel

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw Advent Children in theaters last night. Surprisingly really enjoyed it this time around. I never seen the "complete" version and its the first time I've seen the movie since 2007 probably. Yeah I don't know why but it really hit this time. Some of the graphics aged a bit, especially the backgrounds, but drat the fight scenes are still awesome.

Also before the movie started there was an interview with some square people and they were talking about the history of ff7, the remakes, advent children and all that. They were saying they want to just connect every single spinoff officially into the modern age. So yeah I can't wait for Dirge of Cerberus remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man I'm replaying og FF7 and I forgot how quick the pacing for this game was. Like idk why I remember the Corel Prison/Desert lasting forever as a kid lol