Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

Finished the demo; lots of fun.

Something I'm now weirdly excited about is the piano-playing minigame because it was super fun. The music dynamically changes depending on your performance, from amazing piano concerto to baby's first concert complete with metronome :lol:

I was curious about how this would hold up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3w320XE8M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
How much is said about Jenova's influence over Sephiroth anyway? I don't remember it being mentioned, but being open to her more murdery power when he was desperate could have been a contributing factor.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

I don’t think I’ve been more torn on a game than I am on this one in a long time. FF7 was an all-timer for me (like a lot of people), and I really do think that the remakes elevate the character and story to new heights. I do see a lot of brilliance in this game, and completely understand why so many people love it.

But gently caress me the pacing is just absolutely broken at times. The game is a roller-coaster with high highs and deep troughs for me, and a lot of it comes down to these periods where it slows down to a crawl - and not in useful ways, but in ways that absolutely feel like it’s padding out run time.

Like…come on guys. I just got through a great segment with Red’s guardian trial and now I’m back in another one of these meandering slow walking portions of the game and I just want to scream.

Feels a bit like Rebirth swings too far toward excess after Remake, and I kind of hope they find some middle ground for the finale where they’re able to capture the beauty of the world, but structured around a core experience that feels a little tighter and less flabby.

Couldn't agree more, I was thinking since the Junon area that the game seemed far too much like an overcorrection of the issues with Remake. I didn't do everything and it still felt waaaay too bloated.