Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Will I hate hard mode if the advanced arena fights are annoying? Just a sea of King Zu.

Speaking of, should I do all of the normal mode fights and activities before hard mode, or does it not matter with chapter select?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I know it is a meme that they have towers, but I found the open world stuff and sidequest stuff to be so much fun and with some drat good rewards.

Shame that I'll never be able to replay FF16 after this now.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I want to get platinum someday, but going back to some of those minigames on a harder difficulty doesn't seem ideal.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Cephas posted:

I truly can't believe they've done this lmao. In a way I almost respect the sheer Playstation 1 era energy of this sort of malevolent translation dickishness. I just, I don't have enough time in my life for all these loving cutscenes and boss phases, I'm just gonna watch the end credits on youtube. Jesus Christ lol.

At least you get to replay Jenova. That was a good fight. The other ones, though, meh.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Clarste posted:

Unnecessary minigames were the lifeblood of OG FF7.

People love FF7 but forget stuff like the mouth to mouth or warming at Gaia Cliffs. FF7 is a classic and my favorite game and also it has always been stupid.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Those are literally the two mini-games I always remember when I think about OG FFVII. Those and being Tifa and having to press the right combination of buttons to wiggle out of her chair and get the key to the handcuffs or whatever. Anyway, both the warming one and the wiggling one better be in part 3.

Looking forward to snowboarding as well! And think about all the new mini-games they could add in Wutai. So many more versions of the Happy Turtle theme song. I am already hyped for part 3 lmao

Yeah you find out the world ends, get to play the B team in a disasters scenario, then that dumb mini game, then with everything in the story going to hell the story has you do the slap fight on Sister Ray and goes from side to silly.

In conclusion, let’s enjoy my frogs and dogs and all of the nonsense of these games.

I hope that part 3 is even dumber as meteor or whatever they go with bears down.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Spiggy posted:

The first time it plays and Barrett is talking about Marlene growing up is one of those little moments in the game that I really loved.

Just wrapped up Cosmo Canyon and now I'm debating on finishing up Gongaga or just mainline the main quest. This is probably the fastest getting 65 hours in a game has felt.

Mainlining gets really rigorous at a point and after the point of no return it is a lot. I would do everything you want and play until you don’t find things fun and then call it.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I have enjoyed all of the voice acting but the deadpan delivery on that line was delightful.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Rhonne posted:

That whole section of the game is so good. So many cool little things all over.

I'm glad they took the time to model the 7th Infantry actually marching and following you around the shopping center.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Toastymcfly posted:

God drat. Send in the clowns is no joke. So if I lower the battle difficulty down to easy that helps right? It’s the very last quest I have to do before going back and finishing this thing out. I’m just being stubborn about completionism at this point ha ha.

Which phase are you stuck on? Safety bits or karmic cowl can help with tonberries. Sleep, slow, stop can help with jokers and frog or a bit.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Especially if they only make one Shadowblood Queen card and it actually kills you

As long as they telegraph that you need a totally different deck and strategy.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Augus posted:

I beat the last QB fight pretty easily with the Tonberry/Joker/Mindflayer deck I'd been running for most of the game.

I went from hard capparwire and shina trooper push strategies to rictus and gi nattak and broke 50.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

I thought the Jenova fight was amazing and epic in scale and the music and feeling and then the Sephiroth fights are just a slog.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

BisbyWorl posted:

By late game I had heal + revive on everyone, as prep for hard mode if nothing else.

See I feel like the end annoyed me because I figured I would just knock it out and then do more optional stuff but it kept going and going and going and my B team was not ready for all the shuffling.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

bewilderment posted:

16 isn't miserable, you just feel like they really had to stick hard to their budget, and all the fun stuff people were expecting from 16 in terms of side areas and side content and a general fleshed-out world ended up in 7R2 instead.

Anyway 10 has excellent vibes. It also has chocobo content. These two things are not related. If you enjoyed the FF7R games then I'd say that 10 is the next natural step in terms of party vibes and decent plotting. FFX has a good plot and themes! I even think Tidus is good once you've recruited your whole party!

I like 16, but I'm personally glad I played it before Rebirth because while I enjoyed the music, characters, story, mechanics, world, etc, Rebirth will ruin you on side-quests.

16 has horrible side-quests that don't pay off until the end and with so many hours in-between they really lose their impact. Also, Rebirth does a great job giving most of the characters great things to say, do, and play.

16 does Jill and Joshua dirty.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Harrow posted:

Yeah I'm a big fan of 12 and would definitely also recommend playing it. Definitely more divisive than 10, but it definitely hits just right for me.

Twelve is really good but man does that tower drag.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally after 27 years I'm gonna see Loveless

E: gently caress

That’s the one thing about the QTE segments. They are doing great visuals and music and you can’t pay attention with the prompts. Same thing with the Junon parade.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Fortis posted:

That's a shame, I don't remember Cloud being much other than a sad sack dipshit in Advent Children, so much so that it made me forget what a good character he actually is in the OG (and Remake/Rebirth).

Just finished Chapter 12 and I'm bummed out that Cait Sith is just gone now. I know that (late game spoilers) he comes back eventually, but apparently not until just before the final battles? I'd have assumed it'd be for the temple of the ancients itself, at least, but evidently no. I was just getting the hang of using him in combat, and I don't think I have the energy to plug away at this game after beating it. At least not for a while. It's been like 100 hours at this point, and I'm not good enough at the game for hard mode. Oh well.

Don't forget to manage the equipment before the final battle since your party gets all jumbled for the 4000 boss phases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

UPA was harder than most of the bosses on normal mode.

Speaking of, should I clear all non hard mode fights on normal mode in the simulator and arena, or does it not matter if I save them until playthrough 2? I may end up doing this over the Summer, I may try to complete everything.