Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I got a C and slow_golf_clap.wav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
The third game's title will be Refund.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Genesis kills Aerith this time.

With a golf club. And then the rest of the game is about him and how relatable he is.

On a more serious note, I've been experimenting with Sephiroth and it seems the game doesn't punish you for mashing square while in his parry stance. Still, his dodge is so good you don't even need to block .

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Vitamean posted:

I did notice a weird problem with the... lighting? When you enter the Shinra facility where it was way too dark and snapped bright suddenly.

I suppose that's an artistic choice. RE5 also did that.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I wonder if they'll add the other Sonic villains from Dirge in the DLC. They can't have Vincent or Kate run into them, but they could fight the rest of the crew.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone playing this with Japanese voices and English subs? I wonder why the script is so different in the two versions. Did they translate a rough draft or something?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
She's just that smooth when it comes to gaslighting.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Gologle posted:

Boy I can't wait for the Sephiroth and Aeris Dual Tech!

You're in luck.
https://twitter.com/Matrollano/status/1755661799439937683

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

How does Sephiroth's triangle attack work? I couldn't figure out what made it change. Is it based on context? One seemed to charge with regular attacks.
It is a branching combo apparently.

Re: the final scene they could have easily fixed it by having Seph cut their guns in half from the start, then they'd have a reason to not do anything

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Caidin posted:

I never figured out Sephiroths Parry, I thought it would be the same as Cloud's Punisher guard-counter but every time I put it up he just ate it in the face. I tried a few different instances of timing too
Don't hold R1. It's a toggle. And the game doesn't punish you for mashing square while in parry stance.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1756079476952183213?t=yj094RQ7ezd-4PJBawvTSQ&s=19

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but qbout how long is integrade? Never got around to playing it after how irritating I found getting ff7r from ps4 to ps5 but I want to before this comes out.

Corollary: the remake save never properly transferred, will the carryover bonus work with just having a new save / doesn’t need a clear?

Between 2.5 and 4 hours, depending on how much time you spend on the minigames.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

unattended spaghetti posted:

Avoiding the demo cause I want to go in cold but did anyone happen to see if there were any accessibility options, specifically for vision? I'm guessing probably not. Also is the mini map still the same color and such?

No accessibility options per se. The map is the same colour. The subs are huge for modern standards.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
The one for Zack should be "Me? Goin' gaga over those makongas"

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
How do you unlock the Phoenix fight in the sim? I'm at 8/9 enemies for Junon.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
To anyone who has trouble hitting flying enemies:
With Cloud, press circle to dodge and then mash square; he'll throw projectiles from his sword.
His L1 + X special also has really good tracking and damage.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Now that embargo is up:

Rebirth is *so loving good* you guys. So good and funny as hell.

About how long does it take to finish the game if you don't go out of your way to do lots of sidequests?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Welcome to Aerith
*punches Jenova*

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

stuker posted:

just finished intermission were the zack/church and party on the road scenes part of the pre-intergrade game? i don't remember them at all (and they obviously get thrown into the ending sequence of intermission) but i'm seeing some youtubes where they're in line with the normal game's finale
Those were added to Intergrade.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

stuker posted:

thanks, that makes sense. it also helps explain why people were connecting the shinra TV stuff in the trailer to zack, but i dunno i think sector 7 refugees are gonna wind up at the nearby abandoned church in most timelines

Some nerd in a different forum who's read all the Japanese-only Motorola flip phone-exclusive novels has been writing reams of text for years saying (Intermission ending) those aren't Sector 7 survivors, but rather Sector 7 victims, and that it's all a vision in the lifestream and Zack did in fact die on that hill outside of Midgar. His main arguments are the fact that they reused the model of one of the boys who is seen in the intro and that the cross in the church is a different colour than the in-game asset. No-one takes him seriously, but who knows where they'll go with that.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
In part 3 you'll have to be able to use the mako vacuum proficiently to survive Sephiroth's supernova.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
The preload will start tonight at midnight in your time zone.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

HD DAD posted:

Reeve posts regularly on Midgar’s version of Something Awful
Must have been hard being a furry on SA back then.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
There's a scene in DoC where Cait and Reeve interact with each other. I think it might be the only one in the compilation.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

"Miserable Pile of Secrets" literally got patched over a decade ago, all recent versions of SotN use the new dialogue! They changed it to "Ha! Mankind. (glass) A cesspit of hatred and lies. Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!"
In the new dub, this line overlaps with his laugh. Just awful.

Edit: this rant reminds me of the weeaboo from another forum I mentioned a few days ago. His two biggest arguments for the English localization being bad were the steel sky line and also translating Cloud's "I shall be your opponent" to "bring it on, bitch".

Spermando fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 26, 2024

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Genesis will jump in front of Sephiroth's sword, failing to save Aerith or himself
FTFY

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Did Sephiroth do this?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Goddamn, what a way to start the game.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
For some reason I didn't get the option to skip the flashback. Or does it only let you skip part of it?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

RatHat posted:

Did you accept the bonus stuff on the main menu? That includes being able to skip the flashback
Yeah. It only lets you skip the combat parts. Which means no vacuum cleaner.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
(jazz music stops)
(jazz music continues)

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Fittingly, Chadley's first appearance is a jump scare

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Kalm spoilers. I wasn't ready for "Gotta Walk On"

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I need to see how big the trumpeter's paycheck was.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Question: I finished doing everything in the grasslands, but there was one mako wellspring I couldn't reach because the only way to get there seemed to be a broken bridge. Am I meant to come back later?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

stuker posted:

i sort of wonder if cait sith is going to have a different arc, given that chadley already took the spot of a weird lil shinra guy constantly listening to and tracking you

I think Chadley is going to be revealed to be a time traveling Sephiroth, like young Xehanort.
-Has grey hair
-Was created by Hojo
-Is obsessed with Cloud
-Seems to know a lot about the lifestream
-Is generally unpleasant

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Fedule posted:

Okay what's the secret to the last (please God be the last) Junon Protorelic Thing? I can get within spitting distance of victory but no matter what Gilgamesh just has too much health and can reliably just run out the clock before dying. Nothing can stay alive long enough to contribute much, and there's no way to make the AI coordinate. Even the hero units just die when he hard counters whatever they are. Even Grandmaster Chadley wasn't this miserable to fight. At least he was playing the same game.

Usually there'll be more enemy troops on one side. Summon the heroes when there's a few trying to funnel into your field. When you summon your heroes or elite units, put your two clerics behind them. During the last stage of the fight, summon archers right after Gilgamesh attacks.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/reaper_gt7/status/1763479767733428621?t=hb3g0OwtKs6HLEx2bbe6OQ&s=19

Lmao @ the news in Spain.

RatHat posted:

How do you use the 2nd limit breaks?
Use a synergy command and it will unlock level 2 limit breaks for that battle.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Question about the Corel area:
Can I do the sidequests south of the beach near Costa del Sol before going to the coal mines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Cait Sith (makes a big moogle appear out of thin air in front of the party): What is that? It's The Unknown.