Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Give me chocobo breeding so I can spend 100 hours doing that. Thanks in advance Sony.

Wait give me Jessie too. Let her live thank you Sony. I don't care what hand waving you need to do

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Cannot wait to date Barret

You mean cait sith

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

deoju posted:

Kinda wish I didn't watch that. Feel like it might have spoiled some cool moments.

Still pumped as gently caress though.

I've already forgotten most of it like a dream. Just hype for 100 years. It looks so good

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Should I date cait sith or red 13? Gonna be a tough choice

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

koshmar posted:

Has there been any news about demo progression carrying over?

It will, but it's not the start of the game. It lets you choose to skip the area you play in the full game if you want

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I assumed she was gonna end up with not dead Zack by the end of part 3 and cloud would end up with tifa

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Levantine posted:

My prediction (based on nothing other than how fully featured he felt) is that Cloud dies/becomes the villain and Sephiroth joins the party

I'll bet nothing on this prediction.

Mine is that Zack joins the party for part 3. he's there at Juno helping the gang escape/ he needs to be freed by Tifa. he replaced Cloud's combat abilities while Cloud is sidelined/maybe villain.
that adds a ton of depth for the party to explore the world for part 3 that also gives us enough content to match or surpass what it seems we are getting in part 2.
also non zero chance the weapons gently caress up the world so we get a ff6 style post apocalyptic destroyed world to explore in 3.

I like yours though

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Genesis kills Aerith this time.

I like this too.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

If any of you haven't played the original ff7 and don't have time or want to play an older RPG for whatever reason, check out this LP
https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-VII/

It not only goes through 100% of the game's content, it also explains what the gently caress is happening in the plot.
Highly recommend

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Caidin posted:

I keep forgetting about CC Reunion. Did they really jazz it up that much? I could probably fit it in between now and the end of the month I guess but I don't remember the gameplay being all that wild.

It's still an old psp game. So it's designed as a handheld game. Story is pretty short and fun though.
Watch a let's play if that doesn't sound like your jam

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

worm girl posted:

This varies between the original and the EU stuff. In the original, he seemed to be almost completely under her control, or at least they were working toward a shared purpose, though he may be influencing her to make him a god (by wiping out all life) rather than just doing what she was sent for, which was to wipe out all life. In the EU stuff, he's in the driver's seat and she's just a force of nature he's manipulating.

I like The Thing pretending to be a war hero a lot better than Smirking Unkillable Anime Prettyboy #3223676 with yet another superpower. It's such an interesting inversion of the trope it helped popularize, but alas EU stuff ruined everything by misinterpreting Sephiroth as a main character, and that appears to have carried over to the remakes. The original reveal that he's been dead the entire time and the "Sephiroth" we're seeing walk around is just a shapeshifting meat monster is really cool.

Spoilered because I can't be assed to look up the thread's policy on spoiling a 30 year old game.

I took it as ]Sephiroth actually took over Jenova and was controlling it. The shapeshifting meat monster is just following Sephiroth's will.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Crazyweasel posted:

So, I was an FF fanatic for my whole childhood/teen/some college, with 7 and 8 my favorites, but basically stopped playing ‘em after FF13.

I don’t play games much anymore, but usually once a year or two I binge something new, except I only have a Switch. Last year it was like 200hrs into Tears of the Kingdom.

Is it worth getting a PS5 for Remake and Rebirth? Money isn’t much of an issue, it’s more of like, if all the other FF junkies it’s been like “yes these are the remakes you always wanted 10 years after the games came out and PS2/3 was peaking”

Looking at the trailer I’m almost sold, especially since I could play both of them now…

As someone with your same background, assuming money isn't an issue. Yes. It's amazing and everything 7 year old me wanted in a remake/sequel

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I am excited to play this game but also I am a giant baby who can't handle any sort of change. Is this the game for me???

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ok do I go to the store and pick up a copy on Thursday before work and let it download during the day or get a digital copy and get that downloaded now.
I can't play it until after work on release either way hmmm

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I took Thursday and Friday off. Digital release is tomorrow at 9pm pacific, im not getting through work once the game releases.

poo poo I just remembered I never got the physical of the first remake and I lost my PS1 and PC copies of the original. What do I need a physical for anyways.
I will join you goons at 10 pm mountain time and probably call off work either thursday and or friday. Love you all friends

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Love to have Star Ocean in my Final Fantasy.

same but unironically

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Fedule posted:

Like to be clear the game is amazing. It is full of incredible things. It is also full of poo poo and could be made 500% better by having half of its content by volume removed and replaced with nothing. Shinra as a metaphor for Ubisoft, I guess.

Nah, you're wrong. Ignore stuff if you don't want to do it. I love all this poo poo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Just finished. What a good game. I can't wait for whatever DLC they drop in a year. Now for hard mode and cleaning up the couple of hard versions of minigames I didn't bother to do yet

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Speculation on part 3 based on having finished part 2.
Ok so for Part 3 we need to go to wutai, back to midgar, icicle village, glacier, snow area before glacier, northern crater, northern crater dungeon?, mideal, handle all the big boy weapons. sapphire/ruby/emerald/diamond/ultimate/ maybe others based on part 2 gems like moonstone and amethyst. Rocket town/space. Revisit basically every area in the game. All the submarine content. Flying with highwind, gold chocobo/breeding maybe/doubt it though. All the reveals with cloud/zack. Plus whatever multiverse stuff they include. It seems like a tall order for one game, but I guess most of the assets are already built for a large chunk of the game so maybe doable? I'm hoping we get a dlc where we can play as Cid and Vincient that covers some of this in it. Its gonna suck waiting like 4 years for this.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 13, 2024

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Question. What are some decent materias for hard mode that I might not have considered yet?
I'm loving jump right now with hp absorb

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 14, 2024

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

the fact that people can even compare glide to crunches tells me they didn't try to highscore glide 4 and are speaking from a place of ignorance

e: glide 3

Gliding wasn't that bad/was fun to me. It's fascinating to see which mini games piss people off. I for example still loving hate the box smashing one

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

CHADLEY: Hello! I am a little awkward but I am constantly encouraging and friendly and absolutely shower you with equipment and items and my awkwardness is the result of being manipulated by the most evil man alive and I am working past it. Literally everything I do is in the service of a greater positive goal of which I am open about.

AUDIENCE: gently caress you!!!!

Chadley rules

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Fedule posted:

I mean, you're right here, too. Johnny's wall of bullshit is also bad, although, you will note, that Johnny never once talks to you about any of his objectives. (E: except the Tonberry King's Crown, which is a weird case for like five completely different reasons, but also this is during a sidequest anyway)

I'm just saying. It is the contextualisation of the thing as being a task for Chadley that makes it grate in a way that an identical task as a discoverable thing would not.

...have you ever played a jrpg before?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Frankston posted:

Got Tifa for my chapter 12 date, gently caress yeah :heysexy:

Barret is the correct date, but Tifa is cool too

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Protorelic spoilers: I've been trying to do the end game protorelic crap. The Alexander and Odin fight were the ones I was stuck on and I just gave up. I'll come back at level 70 and maybe stand a chance. Probably not because I imagine it's level synch'd and I'd still have to deal with all that crap. I looked up what you got for doing this nonsense and they're the most worthless items I've ever seen. Breaking the 9999 barrier is the only one that's worth it, otherwise it's do 15% more damage but you take 15% more? Take 15% less damage but do 15% less? Being able to summon that buffoon. Does Gilgamesh do billions of damage? I can't think of anything else that'd make this all worth it because the accessories sure do not.

What a colossal waste of time. In Remake I ran a gauntlet of all the summons and you know what I got for my trouble? An accessory that let me start each battle with full limit. That was an incredible reward and the fights were extremely fun because they were a fraction of the difficulty these stupid, overtuned fights are. Then you fought an wholly unique enemy that Alexander stole the mechanics from.

Well, whatever. Add a third thing to the game I hate. I rather do the situp mini game again than this.

Maybe stop and do something you find fun and don't hate instead?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Any good place to grind AP? End game, just need to knock out the final chadley missions and I have the platty

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Almost Smart posted:

Minor gripe, but I hate what they did with Shinra Manor. Yeah, it was like three screens in the original game, but those screens had personality and charm. In Rebirth it’s just an elevator to that box factory in the Simpsons.

You can’t even go upstairs.

agreed. They could have had you go upstairs and been silly with it. Give me the hidden bookshelf. Have someone comically falling backwards and accidently grabbing a book to catch themselves to accidentally open the spiral staircase. Then fill the space in between with lovely box factory or whatever

Edit hell Cait Sith is perfect for it, since he knows about shinra stuff and could pretend it was an accident.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

Aww I loved the Cosmo Canyon overworld theme, it's so charming

I had it playing all day at work for a week the first time I encountered it. So chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

How many treasures are there? And what's in them? If I don't need them for completion or whatever I might just skip it.