Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really like pre-crazy Sephiroth's characterization in this. He's that friend who's trying but does not know how socializing works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I liked the throwaway line about how the only reason the town was afloat was Shinra paid exorbitant rent on the big haunted house

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Almost walking Cloud off a bridge, "I almost made you our tour guide"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That scene after everyone falls on Mt Nibel is pretty great, with Sephiroth staring blankly for like two seconds and then making a genuine effort to save everyone

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And then Ansem, not to be confused with Ansem who was someone else or Riku calling himself Ansem

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

How do people normally decide when to change characters in this/Remake? I just kind of do it arbitrarily, but I imagine there must be some good "tactical" way to deal with that. Is it maybe a good idea to switch if your character is getting a lot of heat? Is the AI good enough at dodging/guarding for this to make sense?
That was the way to go about it in Remake, yeah. If an enemy was focus firing your controlled person then switch to another, the AI was very good at defending and you could use the new guy to attack unimpeded

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Cait can get a lot of mileage just holding down attack, his moogle form hits like a ton of bricks (and his cat form can stunlock most any smaller enemy until he has enough meter to go Moogle)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It definitely works, your character just pops over to bop the enemy once no matter where they are. Wow

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

(Please tell me she sings that regardless of who you're on a date with.)

Yup although the reaction of whoever you're on the date with is obviously different. Yuffie gets so excited about Aerith's act that Cloud has to stop her from bouncing onto the stage herself :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I imagine it'd start you at the checkpoint (which would be right after beating Jenova) but I could be wrong

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 6, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Holding block automatically locks onto the nearest target

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My only complaint about it was it really didn't need the super vicious time limit. Maybe I want to play defensively, game :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Does Aerith have dialogue in part 1 of Remake if you wait for her to do her little jump on the rooftop without her telling you to? I dunno how the thought jumped into my head, but I gotta know

If it's the bit I'm thinking of, she will wait forever for you to go first and then complain about you not waiting :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Rufus cheats like an rear end in a top hat and I don't remember it really being a thing in Remake. You're better off not even trying to catch him during reloads, it's easier to spam sword beams on him until he stops dodging them and then you know he's open that way

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's just like Remake, you're locked but once you finish you get a chapter select thingy

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I didn't think it was really the violence per se, it was that Cloud by that point is straight up using Sephiroth's mannerisms. To the degree when Aerith gives her big "gently caress you Sephiroth" speech she's staring right at Cloud

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I had a very clear thought then thanks game for making me play as Jack from the Shining

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

She did not, it took her way longer to get to that point in OG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I thought that minigame was pretty fun, honestly. Using the haptics it was pretty easy to sus out which ones weren't giving any resistance, then that greatly narrowed down your choices when it came to the other parts