Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I cant wait to see how they reimagine the weapon fights. Make them a set piece where if you've like, done the KotR side quest they're just summoned at the start of a Weapon fight and running interference while you're trying to get close enough to do damage. In my head I'm imagining the person spinning the spear at the top of the ocean so that there's a vortex to the bottom around you while you're fighting Emerald and that's how you get around a time limit for air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Unreal_One posted:

Just had an idea, has anyone tried the enfeeblement rings on the kill mindflayer first challenge? I did it with a solo Tifa but having dummy targets that don't do much damage might help a lot.

I did that one by having Cloud go in with his enemy skill and just self destruct on the mindflayer so I only had to worry about two party members. Then it was just a matter of using Synergy skills to teleport the other ally when they'd get close to the minions.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If you have the cards available there are preset decks you can choose, the final preset is a good counter to that match.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I never changed off the grasslands chocobo and never really had any opposition. I didn't even realize they had different abilities until the one race where you're forced to use the Nibelheim one.

Speed Boost is just universally useful.

Also whatever the equipment is that makes you flinch less from running into stuff.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nm

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 12, 2024

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Doesn't the elemental in Rebirth just count for your weapon and armor simultaneously? I know the original and even Remake required you to put it on the specific equipment, but I think I put one linked with fire on Barret's weapon and only noticed it was doing both once it leveled up and he was suddenly immune to fire.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

No, it counts for your weapon if in a weapon Materia Slot and your armor if in an Armor materia slot.

huh, I checked and at some point I swapped the combo over to his armor and somehow didn't notice. I mean, I noticed it, but could've sworn it was still doing the weapon damage too. They buffed so many of the materia and abilities I kinda thought that they had made elemental broken, too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He should berserk so you can't directly control him, but you can link up with him like you could with Sonon or just have a bunch of unique synergy stuff.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Have him just Jump in at the start of a fight with it in his hands and then jump away to have it disappear while he's off screen.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

alternatively aeriths staff already sort of just materializes in her hands from a pocket so I don't think they care too much

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Chaos is the one they made story relevant in Dirge of Cerberus, it's not going anywhere.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I have no loving clue why that's ever an option. Yes I had so much trouble with this boss that I want to reload the start of the chapter which was 10 loving hours of open-worlding ago.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think there is still a fairly trad turn based mode you can use but someone who has actually used it will have to confirm if it has any of the DNA of the original atb system of og, hitting square goes brrrrr for me (except against mythril golem who I am stuck on in hard mode)

That mode sucks, all it does is make your currently selected character also be a passive AI character like the rest of your party. I wanted to try that when I replayed Remake, but all it did was irritate me that my character was just sitting there blocking and not doing anything for half the time. It's not like it gives you more ATB or anything, so pretty much any control you take over for a character will be more effective.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's not that crazy, the forests outside Junon are the earliest you can recruit her in the OG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just figured when they added Roche it was to jazz up the eventual fight with Motorball, but I simply wasn't thinking bombastic enough.

Also considering they juice him up in Rebirth they could maybe have done that earlier and had him be the specific person that Sephiroth goes into for the end of Remake, but that's less creative than what they actually did prolly.